Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Classic Dramas/Dramedies > The White Shadow
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Acquires 11 Classics for 2015, Includes One Day at a Time, Small Wonder; Amazon Prime Gets Jeffrey Tambor/Judith Light Comedy
ABC Family Fall 2014 Schedule; Long Island Blood & Babes Comic Con Sept. 12-14 in New York
66th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners; Lost Centric Episode of Disney Animated Series Written by Lost Co-Creator
Nick at Nite Fall 2014 Schedule with HIMYM; FXX's The Simpsons Marathon Scores for Day 1
Summer 2014 Week 13 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Every Simpsons Ever Marathon Brings FXX Big Numbers; Another Wonder Years DVD Music Update; New CBS DVD Complete Series Sets
Preview New ABC Comedy Selfie Pilot with Twitter; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of August 25, 2014)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)

Community - The Complete Fifth Season Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season Parks and Recreation - Season Six Three's Company - The Complete Series Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series

08/05 - Californication - The Final (Seventh) Season
08/05 - Community - The Complete Fifth Season
08/05 - Mad About You - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - The Nanny - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - Dennis the Menace (Animated) - Lights! Camera! Menace!
08/12 - Bitten - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/19 - The Millers - The First Season
08/19 - The Mindy Project - Season Two
08/19 - Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season
08/19 - Parks and Recreation - Season Six
08/19 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
08/19 - Once Upon a Time - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
08/26 - Austin & Ally - Chasing the Beat
08/26 - Good Luck Charlie - So Long, Farewell!
08/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series / Review
08/26 - Revenge - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-14-2006, 02:02 AM   #1
BuddyHinton
Forum Regular

Default Disappointed in the "CJ" episode

Yea, you know the one... *spoilers*

Curtis Jackson gets killed. I heard about this episode fairly early on, even though it was spoiled for me, I have been waiting for this one. Almost dreading it. I like Curtis A LOT and thought it would be sad to see him go... well, yea it was sad, as a missed opportunity. Hayward had a decent scene after the murder in the gym w/ Reeves, but the way each character acted other than this, not even crying or anything was just not beliveable.

The fact the team didn't call Reeves after the killing or even inform him was just silly and outragous. Ken meant a lot to these guys and there is no way in my mind they would not have gone to him. This series has had MANY great dramatic moments, like in "Needle", and it's so hard for me to believe they let this dramatic moment slip by. This episode not only handled Curtis's death poorly but then just devolved into whether Reeves would stay at Carver or go to the posh high school (this should have been a different episode).

I liked the moment with Reeves and Curtis's lil brother in the car, but so much else about this ep just doesn't ring true. I mean Mrs. B didn't even cry? I felt like crying before I even inserted the dvd because I knew what was coming.... these people lived through it and didn't even bat and eye.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
TWS Geek
Occasional Poster
carverchat.com

Here's more dicussion on that episode: link
Old 01-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

I so was devastated watching this episode during its first run back in the days. I couldn't believe he had died.

I guess looking back on it now, it could have been presented a lot better than how it was. A missed opportunity to make the characters, particularly the guys show some real emotion.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
Best Man
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
I so was devastated watching this episode during its first run back in the days. I couldn't believe he had died.

I guess looking back on it now, it could have been presented a lot better than how it was. A missed opportunity to make the characters, particularly the guys show some real emotion.

It's only a tv show. Reeves really only pretty much did as the writers told him. Remember,things like that everything the actors know about their characters is really only in the scripts. Word has it the little brother seen in this ep had his very existence contradicted in a a previous ep about the murdered guy. Again, its only a tv show. Not real life!
Old 03-18-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Man
It's only a tv show. Reeves really only pretty much did as the writers told him. Remember,things like that everything the actors know about their characters is really only in the scripts. Word has it the little brother seen in this ep had his very existence contradicted in a a previous ep about the murdered guy. Again, its only a tv show. Not real life!
OMG, not another one of you posters who doesn't understand the term "discussion". This board is for discussion of shows, movies and music. I know the show isn't real. God, you really think we believe that? My God, it's abt discussing the show and analyzing it...
Old 03-24-2007, 02:36 PM   #6
Best Man
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
OMG, not another one of you posters who doesn't understand the term "discussion". This board is for discussion of shows, movies and music. I know the show isn't real. God, you really think we believe that? My God, it's abt discussing the show and analyzing it...

Well, you can discuss say the behind-the-scenes elements of the show.
Old 03-30-2008, 12:01 AM   #7
Ireneparalegal
Forum Celebrity
LEGAL SPICE ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Man
Well, you can discuss say the behind-the-scenes elements of the show.
Please don't tell us what or how to discuss a show.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #8
hatwink
Forum Regular

It was sad.I think Hayward was crying.