Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Seinfeld links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Seinfeld Photo Gallery

Seinfeld - Season 1

Buy Seinfeld - Season 1 on DVD
Seinfeld - Seasons 1 & 2

Buy Seinfeld - Seasons 1 & 2 on DVD
Seinfeld - Season 3

Buy Seinfeld - Season 3 on DVD
Seinfeld - Season 4

Buy Seinfeld - Season 4 on DVD
Seinfeld - Season 5

Buy Seinfeld - Season 5 on DVD
Seinfeld - Season 6

Buy Seinfeld - Season 6 on DVD
Seinfeld - Season 7

Buy Seinfeld - Season 7 on DVD
Seinfeld - Season 8

Buy Seinfeld - Season 8 on DVD
Seinfeld - Season 9

Buy Seinfeld - Season 9 on DVD
Seinfeld - The Complete Series (2007 Release)

Buy Seinfeld - The Complete Series (2007 Release) on DVD
Seinfeld - The Complete Series (2013 Release)

Buy Seinfeld - The Complete Series (2013 Release) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Seinfeld
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC Networks; More Info on Apt. 23 on Logo, With 8 Unaired Episodes
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC; Entourage Coming to VH1 Classic
Summer 2014 Week 7 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Continues to Lead in Emmy Nominations; WKRP and Wonder Years DVD Updates
Blog Book Review - George Burns Television Productions: The Series and Pilots, 1950-1981; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 14, 2014)
The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Hallmark Channel at 2014 TCA Summer Press Tour
Sean Hayes Joining The Millers; Remembering Bob Hastings of McHale's Navy
Hallmark Movie Channel Rebranding to Hallmark Movies & Mysteries; Disney Orders Second Season of Sitcom I Didn't Do It
'60s Batman Now on IFC; Wayans Brothers to Reunite in NJ

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #1
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Thought Paul Reiser: I Wish My Show Was Called 'Seinfeld'

Paul Reiser had the unfortunate experience of being trotted out on stage before the Los Angeles press corp. mere minutes after the ratings for his return to television came through with a dud.

The comedian’s self-titled series, The Paul Reiser Show, drew just a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 demo (3.3 million viewers overall) Thursday night, delivering the NBC’s lowest rating ever for an in-season comedy premiere.

But if you were looking for a sulking actor, you wont find one in Reiser. The man who had little interest in returning to television after 12 years out of the spotlight is at peace with the results because, as he sees it, it was out of his control.

“Listen, this was shortest ramp up in the history of television. Literally 20 days ago [NBC] said, ‘We’re putting you up,’ and we said, ‘OK, great,’ ” he told The Hollywood Reporter at NBC’s Summer Press day in Pasadena.

“To me, this is a show about the long range, which is why we wanted to do seven shows as opposed to just a pilot,” he added. “This is a show that’s going to be on hopefully for awhile and the audience will get a chance to hear about it – when you have 20 days, its hard to get the word out.

If you believe the long-time comedian, he didn’t read any (of the particularly poor) reviews. And while the Emmy-nominated actor is aware of how much the landscape has changed since Mad About You went off the air more than a decade ago, he says his process has not.

“The ability for people to weigh in and talk about and Twitter has changed,” he told THR. “But the actual act of making a show hasn’t changed. You’ve got to get great people and great scripts and you have to see it through. So I kind of like to shut everything else out and just work on the show. “

In this case, he was particularly attracted to the “sane” and “casual” pace of the production, two words infrequently used in the TV business. He says he was able to write all of the scripts and flesh out where the seven episodes would go before shooting.

As for the show’s title, that was NBC’s idea. What would he have preferred?

“Seinfeld,” he quips, “Figured it had a built in audience.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...wish-my-179048

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 04-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

The poor ratings are deserved. I watched it. It's 30 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Absolutely terrible.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:59 AM   #3
TV Knowledge Fan

Default As I've previously noted....

...in my comments on the "Can NBC Be Fixed?" thread, I said that the network should....

Schedule more sitcoms that don't just appeal to "twentysomethings" and jaded, cynical viewers [how many variations of "THE OFFICE" and "30 ROCK" can one stand??]. How about a good "old fashioned" family comedy....or two? Or more?

Apparently, this time NBC wanted their own version of "CURB YOUR ENTHUSAISM" (never mind that primarily appeals to a "limited" audience on HBO), and suckered Paul into starring in it [it's telling when the network gives you the "green light", and schedules your series just 20 days before its initial telecast; and never allow the network to name it after yourself...remember "THE MICHAEL RICHARDS SHOW" in the fall of 2000?]. Well, it's their loss...and apparently a big one. Of the seven episodes Paul has already produced, how many do you suppose will appear before they pull it off the schedule and "burn off" the rest this summer?

I suspect an extra repeat of "THE OFFICE" will fill Paul's 8:30 time period very shortly.....