Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

South Park links at Sitcoms Online / South Park Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Cartoons/Animated Series > South Park
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 23, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Another Attempt at a Magnum P.I. Reboot?; New Warner Archive Releases for November
Fri-Yay: How Are This Season's Sitcoms Doing?; COZI TV's 3rd Annual Munster-thon
Freeform Announces Comedy Block for Wednesdays; The Simpsons Documentary Airs on Fox Sunday
COZI TV to Air Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke Specials; Roseanne Revival Gets Underway for ABC
Wyatt Cenac Heads to HBO Comedy Series; Nat Geo Acquires Running Wild with Bear Grylls
New Comedy for Sundance Now Service from Peep Show Stars; Showtime's SMILF Gets Set for Premiere

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-16-2017, 08:45 PM   #1
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

TV Update: "South Park" Season 21 Now Launches on Sept. 13th

"South Park" Premiere Announced
by Vlada Gelman
May 16, 2017

Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s iconic animated series will return for Season 21 on Wednesday, Aug. 23 at 10/9c.

http://tvline.com/2017/05/16/south-p...al-broad-city/

Last edited by JamesG : 07-28-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
mrbaconclay
Frequent Poster

I can't wait, I love this show. I love watching it with my BF.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:36 PM   #3
IllinoisTVFan

Love this show.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:42 PM   #4
king of comedy

Me too.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:46 PM   #5
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

I wonder what SP will tackle for Season 21?

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 07-03-2017, 08:18 PM   #6
TMC
Forum Veteran

‘South Park’ Is Ditching Donald Trump And Getting Back To ‘Kids Being Kids’ Next Season
Old 07-03-2017, 10:02 PM   #7
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

I did not enjoy the political-focused season last year, good to hear they are going back to what they do best.

it seems like every season is a couple episodes shorter; I wonder how many we'll get this "season"
Old 07-04-2017, 08:52 AM   #8
king of comedy

Smart move. I'm glad they're going back to their roots.
Old 07-28-2017, 09:41 PM   #9
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

"South Park" Season 21 Premiere Date Pushed Back
by Ryan Parker
July 28, 2017

"South Park" fans are going to have to wait a little longer than they expected for the new season to premiere. Originally slated for Aug. 23, season 21 of the popular cartoon will now premiere Sept. 13, according to Comedy Central.

Creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker have insinuated the upcoming season will get back to basics in that episodes will likely be one-offs, closer to how the show ran for numerous seasons.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...d-back-1025083
Old 07-29-2017, 07:57 AM   #10
king of comedy

I can wait.
Old 09-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #11
TMC
Forum Veteran

Default ‘South Park’ Should Ditch Politics If It Doesn’t Have Anything To Say

http://uproxx.com/tv/south-park-premiere-cartman/

Quote:
It’s hard to talk about South Park without talking about politics.

Hell, it’s hard to talk about anything — TV, movies, the weather — without, to take a page out of Broad City’s book, the [BLEEP] word coming up. It’s a conversation worth having (and reading and tweeting and emailing about), obviously, but it grows wearisome. It’s human nature to get exhausted when you’re focused on one thing for too long, and it’s difficult not to be exhausted by the world right now. Distractions are healthy, so it’s no wonder that my favorite part of last night’s South Park premiere was the “big hairy balls.”

Season 21 (!) of Comedy Central’s longest-running show kicked off with “White People Renovating Houses.” The episode was split between Randy and Sharon Marsh finding jobs for pissed-off rednecks, including one whose home they renovate with tasteful Confederate flag decorations, and Cartman and other South Park Elementary students making an Amazon Alexa say things like “smelly tampon boogers” and “I’ve got vagina crabs in my butthole.”

The episode also brought back one of the show’s most popular catchphrases: “They took our jobs!” The redneck rallying cry was first heard in season eight; now, 13 years later, it’s being used in literal rallies by tiki torch-carrying white nationalists. In typical South Park fashion, Trey Parker (who wrote the episode, and every episode) doesn’t come down on the supremacists. He’s more interested in making a point about guys like Darryl Weathers not being able to change with the times, both technologically and culturally speaking, and the lengths (white) people will go to accommodate that stubbornness. The South Park mantra that everyone and everything is stupid is in full effect. That apathetic mockery may have worked back then, in the “Goobacks” days, but it’s harder to stomach now, when there are Nazis marching in the streets.

“White People Renovating Houses” was far more successful (and funny) with Cartman’s messing-with-personal assistants plot, which was a return to the “bread and butter of South Park” that Parker promised between seasons. “This season I want to get back to Cartman dressing up like a robot and [screwing] with Butters,” he said, “kids being kids and being ridiculous and outrageous.”

There’s a lot of comedy to be mined from Cartman making Alexa talk to Google Home and HomePod about “[sucking] my big balls in your hairy butthole,” and this episode found it. Unlike the white nationalists pseudo-parody, Cartman’s plot wasn’t crushed under the weight of wanting it both ways, of caring about something but not carrying enough to stand for it.

“No matter how bad the country gets,” Randy Marsh says in the closing seconds of the episode, “you can always count on white people renovating houses.” Independent of the rest of the episode, that’s a funny line, but as far as satire goes, it’s tame. If South Park really wants to be subversive again, something it’s struggled to do after raising a generation of trolls, it should remove itself from the political conversation. That’s the unexpected move: to lean away when everything else, from Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt to Roseanne, is leaning towards. The Douche and the Turd ethos must go (Member Berries can stay!), because as Laura Bradley at Vanity Fair pointed out, “If the show is going to bother being topical… it had better come prepared to actually engage with the thing it’s riffing on.” That’s not always the South Park way.

Thankfully, South Park doesn’t need to be topical to be funny. Think back to “Scott Tenorman Must Die,” “Awesom-O,” “Butters’ Very Own Episode,” even season 19’s “Tweek x Craig” — these episodes are hilarious and independent of then-current events, so they hold up remarkably well now. I’m not sure we’ll be able to say the same about Mr. Garrison-as-Donald Trump in 10 years, when Cartman is still, hopefully, giggling at “stinky poop.” I know I will be.

What I’m saying is, bring back the poop that took a pee.

Last edited by TMC : 09-14-2017 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:59 PM   #12
TMC
Forum Veteran

Why South Park is still 'crushing it' in its 21st season
Old 09-25-2017, 02:31 PM   #13
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

South Park I think is losing it...season 21 to me isn't as funny as season 20.

I'll give it the whole season, tho...