Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Games

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 19, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Buys Rural Comedy From "Liberal Redneck" Trae Crowder; Crossover Event Planned for Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon
Fri-Yay: An Appreciation for Mike Schur's Comedies; IFC Acquires Pee-wee's Playhouse
Drunk History and Corporate Return in January; Jim Gaffigan Returns with Comedy Central Special
The Dick Van Dyke Show and I Love Lucy in Color on Dec. 14; The CW Sets January 2019 Premiere Dates
getTV 2018 Holiday Marathons Schedule; truTV Comedy Returns for 3rd Season
Freeform and ABC's 2018 25 Days of Christmas Schedule; The CW Orders Full Seasons of All Freshman Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-17-2016, 02:38 PM   #16
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
LOL, I knew it was going to be tough, I specialize in obscure songs.

Clue? Well, OK I guess I can give a clue, what should I say? Let's see.....alright here's a clue.....it's a country & western tune from 1966.
I specialize in country music but this one is drawing a blank. I've either heard this song and just not recognizing the line or I've never heard it all.

You stated it was an obscure song. Is the artist also obscure or someone we would recognize?
Old 05-17-2016, 03:00 PM   #17
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
Remember when I said this game could be easy with Google? Yeah, even Google doesn't know this one
LOL, when I said it was going to be tough, I wasn't fooling around and meant business.

I'll wait until Friday, I'll reveal the answer then if no one is able to guess it.
retroTVfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:05 PM   #18
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
I specialize in country music but this one is drawing a blank. I've either heard this song and just not recognizing the line or I've never heard it all.

You stated it was an obscure song. Is the artist also obscure or someone we would recognize?
Clue #2: The artist is fairly obscure, started off in the 1950's in the rockabilly genre before switching genres to country in the mid 1960's.

OK that's it, no more clues you're all on your own now.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:21 PM   #19
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

Quote:
I'll wait until Friday, I'll reveal the answer then if no one is able to guess it.
I just realized that you posted out of turn. I was the first to correctly guess Babalu's line as "Beyond the Sea." You posted not long after that with the same answer and most likely didn't notice that I had already done so. I admit that your line is a challenge but in order to keep the game active I'd like to suggest not making things too difficult. When the song can't be found with Google then it must be really obscure.

We'll keep your line in play but since it was my turn I'm going to post it now because I really don't feel like waiting until Friday. Please don't reveal until then, I'm having fun trying to figure it out.
Zoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 03:32 PM   #20
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Music

Quote:
"Beyond the Sea" - Bobby Darin (many others)
Since it was my turn, here's my line... (retroTVfan4ever's is also still in play)

"Looking better than the body has a right to"

To keep the game moving along, I'll offer these clues:

The lyric appears in at least 2 different songs, 1 rock & 1 country

The country song is the biggest hit of the artist's career and was also a crossover hit on the pop charts.

If you know both please post only one title and give another player a chance with the other.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:38 PM   #21
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
I just realized that you posted out of turn. I was the first to correctly guess Babalu's line as "Beyond the Sea." You posted not long after that with the same answer and most likely didn't notice that I had already done so.
That's correct I didn't notice, you posted with the answer five minutes before me which means I was working on typing my response at the time you posted.

Quote:
We'll keep your line in play but since it was my turn I'm going to post it now because I really don't feel like waiting until Friday. Please don't reveal until then, I'm having fun trying to figure it out.
Don't worry, I'll reveal the answer on Friday which gives you a few days to figure it out.
Old 05-17-2016, 03:51 PM   #22
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Since it was my turn, here's my line... (retroTVfan4ever's is also still in play)

"Looking better than the body has a right to"

To keep the game moving along, I'll offer these clues:

The lyric appears in at least 2 different songs, 1 rock & 1 country

The country song is the biggest hit of the artist's career and was also a crossover hit on the pop charts.

If you know both please post only one title and give another player a chance with the other.
OK, I'll post one of the answers and let someone else post the other.

Donnie Iris- Ah! Leah!
Old 05-17-2016, 03:52 PM   #23
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
OK, I'll post one of the answers and let someone else post the other.

Donnie Iris- Ah! Leah!
Correct!
Old 05-17-2016, 04:00 PM   #24
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Correct!
Cool. Does this mean I can post another lyric line, or do I have to wait since mine currently in play hasn't been correctly answered yet?
Old 05-17-2016, 04:16 PM   #25
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Cool. Does this mean I can post another lyric line, or do I have to wait since mine currently in play hasn't been correctly answered yet?
Go ahead and post another, we can work on 2.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:56 PM   #26
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Go ahead and post another, we can work on 2.
OK thanks. I like to present a challenge so this will be another tough one, maybe not quite as tough as the other one still in play, but still tough. Here it is:

"You'd be mine and mine alone, I'd never let you go from me"

I'll give a clue: song is from the early 60's, 1961-62, genre is teen pop/doo wop.

Last edited by retroTVfan4ever; 05-17-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:08 PM   #27
biffbronson
"My Three Sons" Fan

Location: In my dreams, back at age 15 in Erin Moran's bedroom in 1980, making passionate love...

I'll answer for the earlier line, "Looking better than the body has a right to" -- Country song lyric
It was "Here You Come Again" by Dolly Parton

"For you are beautiful ~ And I have loved you dearly ~ More dearly than the spoken word can tell..."

"What's the word?" (Paul Martin) ~~ "I don't want money for nothing." (Timmy Martin) -- Lassie ROCKS! WORD UP

"It's just a dugout that my dad built... In case the reds decide to push the button down..."
biffbronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:54 PM   #28
Zoneboy
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffbronson
I'll answer for the earlier line, "Looking better than the body has a right to" -- Country song lyric
It was "Here You Come Again" by Dolly Parton
Correct!
Old 05-19-2016, 11:48 PM   #29
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
I believe the answer to Babalu's is "Beyond The Sea".

OK here's a real tough one, at least I think it is. Let's see if anyone can come up with the answer:

"I held a dream of many men, I knew that she was true"
OK, I think I've waited long enough so I'll reveal the answer:

Artist name- Curley Barrix
Song name- Blue Ribbon Clown
Record label and year- Dunwich, 1966.

This is a good song too, just went nowhere on the charts as far as I know.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:04 AM   #30
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
OK thanks. I like to present a challenge so this will be another tough one, maybe not quite as tough as the other one still in play, but still tough. Here it is:

"You'd be mine and mine alone, I'd never let you go from me"

I'll give a clue: song is from the early 60's, 1961-62, genre is teen pop/doo wop.
And I'll go ahead and reveal the answer to this one too because I don't think anyone will guess it:

Artist name- Ginny Zee
Song name- You Can't Imagine
Record label and year- Atco, 1961.

Ginny Zee's full name is Virginia Zillitto, she's from New Jersey. The record company shortened her name to Ginny Zee. A few years ago, I found out Ginny was on classmates.com, I sent her a message there and she replied. She told me that her singing career was brief because she had strict parents who didn't approve of her having a singing career. That's a shame because she had a very pretty singing voice, like an angel. After she graduated school, she eventually got married and raised a family.

The flip side of You Can't Imagine is a song titled Bobby Baby, both songs are on you tube if anyone wants to give em a listen.

If I have it correct, the band backing Ginny on the 45 are Ray Davis and the Coachmen Five, I believe Ginny's brother was part of that group, not absolutely sure though.