Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up Sitcom The Cool Kids for Full Season; CBS and ABC Back Nine Pickups
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 22, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Is Alice Next in Line for a Reboot?; CBS Gives Full Season to Three New Series
Fri-Yay: New Sitcoms - What's Working and What's Not?; Brockmire Season 3 Brings Out the Stars
ABC Picks Up Single Parents for Full Year; Netflix Gets Tia Mowry and Loretta Devine Sitcom
Showtime Comedy Gets More Stars; Netflix Orders New Comedy from Novel Writer
NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Movie "Twilight Saga: New Moon" DVD Breaks Record Sales

Teaser Poster Unveiled for New Moon
Source:Summit Entertainment
May 19, 2009

Right then. Summit Entertaiment is starting off the day with a look at the teaser one-sheet for The Twilight Saga: New Moon, starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner...all prominently on display below.

In this entry, Bella Swan (Stewart) is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love, Edward Cullen (Pattinson) but her spirit is rekindled by her growing friendship with the irresistible Jacob Black (Lautner). Suddenly she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, ancestral enemies of the vampires, and finds her loyalties tested.

Chris Weitz directs this entry which opens November 20th.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=10540
Attached Images

Last edited by JamesG; 03-24-2010 at 04:50 PM.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

First Photos From The Twilight Saga's New Moon
Friday, May 22, 2009
By: MrDisgusting

The love triangle begins as the Entertainment Weekly has the first ever images from Summit Entertainment's New Moon, the second film in the Twilight Saga being helmed by Chris Weitz. Beyond the break you can check out Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Edward (Robert Pattinson) getting it on, along with a few other stills. The second adaptation of the popular Stephenie Meyer series hits theaters November 20.

Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love Edward (Robert Pattinson) but her spirit is rekindled by her growing friendship with the irresistible Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner). Suddenly she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, ancestral enemies of the vampires, and she finds her loyalties tested.

Read more about the shoot at EW:

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16282
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,2023...lusive+pics%21
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2009, 12:17 AM   #3
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Some more stills in from New Moon courtesy of Ten Gossip
http://tengossip.com/2009/06/02/more...s-in-the-rain/
Attached Images

Old 07-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Leaked New Moon Photo Teases Volturi Clan
Thursday, July 30, 2009
By: MrDisgusting

The boys over at Latino Review have some gold on their hands as they've scored a look at 5 of the Volturi from The Twilight Saga: New Moon in full costume, along with a gander at the group's official seal!

Beyond the break you can see Michael Sheen as Aro, Christopher Heyerdahl as Marcus, Jamie Campbell Bower as Caius, creepy Dakota Fanning as Jane and Cameron Bright as Alec in the film helmed by Chris Weitz.

Summit has slated it for release on November 20th, with Eclipse going into production soon.

In NEW MOON, Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love Edward (Robert Pattinson) but her spirit is rekindled by her growing friendship with the irresistible Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner). Suddenly she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, ancestral enemies of the vampires, and she finds her loyalties tested.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/16923
Attached Images

Old 08-27-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

FANNING AS JANE OF VOLTURI IN NEW MOON

From MySpace: "It must be Volturi day today, because Summit just released photos of the powerful coven online. We lucked out on our exclusive: feast your eyes on Dakota Fanning as Jane in "New Moon". When it was announced that the 15-year-old actress had been cast we knew we were in for a treat. Check out the photo of Jane and her bio below, then tell us what you think!"

JANE

Full Name: Jane
Group: Volturi Coven
Date of Birth: Unknown
Date of Transformation: Unknown but at a young age
Special Abilities: Ability to inflict debilitating pain with her thoughts

This may hurt just a little.

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION:

Jane is a high ranking member of the Volturi Guard. The Volturi were waiting to change her and her brother Alec until she was older, but humans—believing her and her brother to be witches—tried to burn them at the stake, which forced Aro to act while the twins were little more than children. Jane’s experience with the pain of burning alive shaped her into a potent weapon – she developed the ability to inflict immense pain on others with only a look.

VOLTURI

1) The Volturi include: Aro, Caius, and Marcus as the leaders, and then Jane, Alec, Demetri, Felix, Heidi, and several other unnamed members of the guard.
2) The Volturi are similar to a ruling body, and protect the secret of vampires by wiping out any “problems” as vampire law defines.
3) The Volturi live in an ancient Tuscan city called “Volterra”.
4) Aro and Jane’s powers do not work on Bella.

Director Chris Weitz on the Volturi --

"No matter how strange one of the characters is in a work of fantasy, I think you have to approach them as people and then so you start to think, 'They've been around for 2,000 years. How would they interact with one another?' The conclusion was that after 2,000 years you'd probably be more than mildly insane. No matter how cultured or gracious you appear on the surface. And I think that's what Michael Sheen managed to portray as Aro, the head of the Volturi -- on the surface he's terribly gracious, warm, a wonderful host and at the same time he's lethal and frightening.

It's also what Dakota Fanning conveys as Jane. She's innocent looking in appearance but she's absolutely deadly. The first thing I wanted to do was put them in a setting that wasn't Dracula's castle. There have been so many vampire movies and werewolf movies and horror movies where everything has been dark and dreary. Instead, their headquarters is surprisingly light and crisp.

And the characters that they play have a kind of a tactile reality to them in spite of how bizarre their situation is really. The whole point is not to leave Forks, Washington where everything has really been quite realistic and then suddenly go to a location that completely throws you out of the movie. And the set although it's huge and grand and magnificent actually feels like a real place.""

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17213
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #6
PlayOn
ADHD: what I have not who I am

Glad Dakota has found some work. Jane looks and sounds creepy.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:14 PM   #7
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsUndeadFans
Glad Dakota has found some work. Jane looks and sounds creepy.
Like it or not Twilight is pretty big, at least for the younger generations today, so this is a pretty big part for Fanning.

I'm not really much of a fan but from what I gather this second one looks like it might be a bit better.

This Volturi clan is composed of some great actors so that's something to look forward to.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:04 AM   #8
sunshinefizzy

I always though Dakota was amazing in every role she played. I think this is going to be fun and challenging for her.
sunshinefizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #9
PlayOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Like it or not Twilight is pretty big, at least for the younger generations today, so this is a pretty big part for Fanning.

I'm not really much of a fan but from what I gather this second one looks like it might be a bit better.

This Volturi clan is composed of some great actors so that's something to look forward to.
I've seen the first movie. It was alright. I meant to say, too, that it's good Cameron Bright found some work. The only thing I really know him from is 'Birth' with Nicole Kidman.
And, yes. Dakota is excellent in everything she plays in.
PlayOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #10
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsUndeadFans
I've seen the first movie. It was alright. I meant to say, too, that it's good Cameron Bright found some work. The only thing I really know him from is 'Birth' with Nicole Kidman.
And, yes. Dakota is excellent in everything she plays in.
I knew of Cameron Bright for a while as I've seen him in a few things.

I think I first saw him in Godsend, which is actually a similar film to Birth and they came out back-to-back.

I then saw him in Aaron Eckhart's Thank You For Smoking and he had a brief role in the third X-Men.

He also did this real INSANE movie which is Paul Walker's Running Scared.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:22 AM   #11
PlayOn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
I knew of Cameron Bright for a while as I've seen him in a few things.

I think I first saw him in Godsend, which is actually a similar film to Birth and they came out back-to-back.

I then saw him in Aaron Eckhart's Thank You For Smoking and he had a brief role in the third X-Men.

He also did this real INSANE movie which is Paul Walker's Running Scared.
I didn't know he was in 'Godsend' and forgot about 'Thank you for smoking'. Thanks.
I need to watch 'X-Men' three. Would like to watch all of them before 'Wolverine' comes to DVD. I'll keep an eye out for him.
PlayOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #12
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

NEW OFFICIAL STILLS FROM NEW MOON

Bloody Disgusting was provided with a batch of new images from the Chris Weitz's directed Twilight sequel New Moon, which arrives in theaters November 20th.

In NEW MOON, Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love Edward (Robert Pattinson) but her spirit is rekindled by her growing friendship with the irresistible Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner). Suddenly she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, ancestral enemies of the vampires, and she finds her loyalties tested.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17248
Old 09-08-2009, 05:00 PM   #13
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Gratuitous: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson get close in new New Moon photo
Published on Tuesday, Sep 8, 2009 By Katie Hasty

To help bide time between now and the new Twilight Saga: New Moon footage to be revealed at the MTV VMAs, the good folks at Summit have bequeathed unto us another film still from the movie, out Nov. 20.

There is much hemming and hawing to be had over this Bella/Edward photo, which seems to be shot in Bella's bedroom. But what scene? Are Edward's eyes gold or black? Is this pre- or post-Italy?

Well, Kristen Stewart looks pretty, Robert Pattinson looks foxy, so what more could you want...

Meanwhile, MTV is reporting that the place and date for the New Moon premiere has been established: the stars will hit the red carpet at Village and Bruin theaters in L.A. on Nov. 16, same spot as last year.

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-...new-moon-still
Attached Images

Old 09-13-2009, 05:09 AM   #14
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Hot New Alice Promo Photo from New Moon

Summit Entertainment released this killer new Alice promo photo for the upcoming film “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” based on the novel by Stephenie Meyer.

http://www.shockya.com/news/2009/09/...from-new-moon/
Attached Images

Old 09-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #15
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Check out a hot new promo photo featuring Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan in the upcoming film “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” based on the novel by Stephenie Meyer.

http://www.shockya.com/news/2009/09/...promo-artwork/
Attached Images