Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Movies

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Adds More Affiliates; Paramount Network Invites You to Catch Up on Heathers
Fox Picks Up Sitcom The Cool Kids for Full Season; CBS and ABC Back Nine Pickups
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 22, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Is Alice Next in Line for a Reboot?; CBS Gives Full Season to Three New Series
Fri-Yay: New Sitcoms - What's Working and What's Not?; Brockmire Season 3 Brings Out the Stars
ABC Picks Up Single Parents for Full Year; Netflix Gets Tia Mowry and Loretta Devine Sitcom
Showtime Comedy Gets More Stars; Netflix Orders New Comedy from Novel Writer

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-15-2008, 07:04 AM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Default The Many Faces of Jason Voorhees - Updated "Little Jason" 2009 Remake

Just something I did for fun. Enjoy.

Friday the 13th - 1980

Jason appears briefly at the last moments of the film. He was not the killer in this movie as his mother, Pamela Voorhees, was the killer. Jason as a boy drowned in the Camp Crystal Lake lake and his mother went crazy and started killing camp counselors. As the heroine is sitting alone on a canoe in the middle of the lake, a badly mutilated body of Jason rises up and pulls her into the lake.

Friday the 13th Part II - 1981

Before the days of the hockey mask, Jason Voorhees was a bumbling hillbilly living in a cabin in the woods wearing a potato sack. Since he only had one good eye, the sack needed only one eye hole. Similar to the end of the first movie, an unmasked Jason appears at the end of the film and drags the heroine from behind. In this one Jason appears deformed on one side and somewhat normal on the other; still having long hair.

Friday the 13th Part III - 1982

Jason appears unmasked when he is hanging from a noose in a barn. As he tries to get out of it the mask raises over his face. This is the last one where Jason appears looking somewhat human. He still has the bad eye and his hair is gone now.

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter - 1984

Make-up artist Tom Savini (known for his work on Romero's Zombie flicks) was the make-up artist on Jason in this one and it shows. Jason appears like he came right out of a zombie movie. This is my personal favorite of the unmasked Jason's. His blind eye is still there.

Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning - 1985

Nope, not Jason in this one. The killer in this movie was revealed to be Roy Burns; who went crazy after his son was murdered in a halfway house. Jason was finally dead and buried so Roy became "Jason" to make it look like Jason was still alive. This was a plan to finally put Jason to rest and have new killers come out. It failed miserably and fans demanded the return of Jason.

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives - 1986

An unmasked Jason appears in the start of the film. To make sure Jason was finally finished people go over to his grave to destroy the body. They stab his body with a metal pole and lightning strikes it resurrecting Jason; ripped right out of Frankenstein.

Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood - 1988

When a supernatural girl tries to destroy Jason with her powers, Jason's hockey mask rips in two revealing this. He looks more and more like a skull now.

Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan - 1989

Jason was blasted with toxic waste which caused his face to look like it is melting here.

Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday - 1993

The only movie where Jason's face is not shown. Jason appears only in the very beginning wearing the mask. In this one, Jason was able to body hop between bodies and his soul took over regular people.

Jason X - 2002

Jason appears unmasked briefly when scientists from the future take off the mask from his frozen body.

Freddy vs. Jason - 2003

In one scene Freddy gets inside Jason's dreams and taunts him; turning him into when he was a child.

As Jason lays in a sleep, teens have to give in mouth-to-mouth to wake him up. They need him alive to fight against Freddy. Jason wasn't completely unmasked here but you can gather he looks like he did in 'The New Blood'.

Last edited by JamesG; 06-01-2009 at 03:14 PM.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #2
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Friday the 13th - 2009

Little Jason

Adult Jason

Last edited by JamesG; 06-01-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:05 AM   #3
comedyfreak
Cheers!
Forum Veteran

I liked Part 5 thought the Hillbilly Mom and Son were funny. My faves are 1-5.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:01 PM   #4
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by comedyfreak
I liked Part 5 thought the Hillbilly Mom and Son were funny. My faves are 1-5.
The fifth one was an attempt at taking the series in a new direction. The concept did not turn out too well so they had to resurrect Jason, again. I haven't seen the fifth one in a while but I liked that curly haired kid that got killed which caused his dad to "become Jason".

My rundown is this:

Friday the 13th - Where else can you see a 60 something year old woman go on a murder spree at a summer camp? I didn't think they knew that they were making a franchise with this and apparently the scene with Jason at the end was a throw away shocker. This one was good.

Friday the 13th Part II - Potato sack Jason was laughable. Which is why in the next one he got...

Friday the 13th Part III - the hockey mask. This one was good too and it is known for Jason's hockey mask trademark.

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter - Corey Feldman's scene where he shaves his head to trick Jason is hilarious. Also my favorite of the unmasked Jason's is this.

Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning - Failed attempt at trying to go a new route.

Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives - I liked this one, I liked the oblivious counselors and the scene when Jason stumbles upon the paintballing people.

Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood - This one I did not like. This supernatural girl idea was dumb. They tried to copy Halloween here I believe where Jason can only be killed by a relative or something like that. Also this is Kane Hodder's first appearance as Jason.

Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan - Despite the fact it was filmed in Canada and not in NYC I liked this one. I loved the kill where Jason punches the kid's head right off. Also to note, the guy who would play Jason in Freddy vs. Jason appears in this as one of Jason's victims.

Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday - The second one with "final" in the title lol. I don't really remember this one. The concept with Jason jumping bodies was something different.

Jason X - This one blew. I don't know why it was made. The cyborg Robocop Jason was ridiculous.

Freddy vs. Jason - Die hard fans did not like that Kane Hodder was not asked to come back as Jason. This one I did like. Rumors were coming out that a sequel was to come but somehow I don't see it happening; at least not right away.

Friday the 13th - The remake was good. It was better than the Halloween and Hills Have Eyes remake but not as good as Chainsaw Massacre and Dawn of the Dead in my opinion.

Last edited by JamesG; 06-01-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:09 AM   #5
comedyfreak
Cheers!
Forum Veteran

Good rundown I still need to see the new 13th. Hopefully this weekend.
comedyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #6
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by comedyfreak
Good rundown I still need to see the new 13th. Hopefully this weekend.
Cool. Let me know what you thought of it when you see it.

By the way, I just remembered one important part about Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday I had forgot to mention.
In this one at the end we see Freddy's glove pull down Jason's mask into hell. This was the first hint that they were going to come together but the film didn't happen till a decade later.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:36 AM   #7
browneyes106

Thanks for posting the pics. The Part II pics sort of look funny.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #8
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyes106
Thanks for posting the pics. The Part II pics sort of look funny.
Yeah part II is one of my least favorites. They didn't know where they were going with Jason yet and apparently potato sack Jason wasn't really looked at as being menacing... at least to me.

The guy in the picture I got to meet down at a horror convention; stuntman Warrington Gillete. He said he was 19 when he did the movie and that the make-up job took a really long time. I forget how long he said but he said it was LONG.

Also, Warrington only played him in that little scene at the end and the guy who did majority of the work (wearing the potato sack) was left out and uncredited. That dude signs his stuff as "The Real Jason".
Old 03-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #9
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

I finally found the photos from Freddy vs. Jason so the list is now complete.

More will be coming shortly...
Old 03-25-2009, 11:43 AM   #10
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG

It failed miserably and fans demanded the return of Jason.
Part V did not fail miserably, it made a profit for Paramount- even grossed more than part VI.

I consider V the last good Friday the 13th sequel, after that the series became a joke, Jason and the situations getting sillier and sillier. Personally I think the film maker's chickened out from taking the series in a new direction by having Tommy as the killer. Too bad too, Tommy in part 4 and 5 was becoming one of the most interesting slasher films characters out there, sadly he was reduced to a stupid hick in Jason Lives.

Even though I love the hockey mask, I don't think the potato sack from part 2 was laughable at all(which I think was inspired by the real life serial killer that terrorized 1940's Texarkana who wore a sack over his head)
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:52 AM   #11
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
Part V did not fail miserably, it made a profit for Paramount- even grossed more than part VI.

I consider V the last good Friday the 13th sequel, after that the series became a joke, Jason and the situations getting sillier and sillier. Personally I think the film maker's chickened out from taking the series in a new direction by having Tommy as the killer. Too bad too, Tommy in part 4 and 5 was becoming one of the most interesting slasher films characters out there, sadly he was reduced to a stupid hick in Jason Lives.

Even though I love the hockey mask, I don't think the potato sack from part 2 was laughable at all(which I think was inspired by the real life serial killer that terrorized 1940's Texarkana who wore a sack over his head)

Well, by me saying that "it failed miserably" I was referring to the plan to let go of Jason and go a new route; not box office sales. Fans weren't pleased with this move and as a result they brought Jason back.

I do agree with most people that I-V are the best and that VI-X are the worst of the series. Come on, Jason X in space was crap. Of the later sequels my favorite would have to go to Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday. I plan on watching this one again soon.

Me personally, I didn't care for potato-sack Jason. I hear there is some other horror flick where the killer wore a sack on his head but the name escapes my mind for now.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:47 PM   #12
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Well, by me saying that "it failed miserably" I was referring to the plan to let go of Jason and go a new route; not box office sales. Fans weren't pleased with this move and as a result they brought Jason back.

I do agree with most people that I-V are the best and that VI-X are the worst of the series. Come on, Jason X in space was crap. Of the later sequels my favorite would have to go to Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday. I plan on watching this one again soon.

Me personally, I didn't care for potato-sack Jason. I hear there is some other horror flick where the killer wore a sack on his head but the name escapes my mind for now.
Oh, ok that makes sense. I don't pay much attention to the fans, after all many of them liked Jason X

You might be thinking of 'The Town That Dreaded Sundown' which was based on the Texarkana killings.
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #13
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Oh, ok that makes sense. I don't pay much attention to the fans, after all many of them liked Jason X
Yeah, I don't understand why. Jason X is pure garbage; it's not even enjoyable in the "so-bad-it's-good" way.

I hear the movie was made just to hold people over until the much anticipated Freddy vs. Jason came out the next year.

I remember when this first came out and everyone was saying, "Oh my god! A new Friday the 13th is out! This movie is going to be great!!". Only everyone was disappointed at how attrociously bad this movie was after seeing it. It was 9 years since the last sequel so a new movie was seen as a good thing.

Quote:
You might be thinking of 'The Town That Dreaded Sundown' which was based on the Texarkana killings.
Yes, that's the one. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #14
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Up above you will find some shots of "Little Jason" taken from the 2009 remake.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #15
browneyes106

Quote:
Yeah, I don't understand why. Jason X is pure garbage; it's not even enjoyable in the "so-bad-it's-good" way.

I hear the movie was made just to hold people over until the much anticipated Freddy vs. Jason came out the next year.

I remember when this first came out and everyone was saying, "Oh my god! A new Friday the 13th is out! This movie is going to be great!!". Only everyone was disappointed at how attrociously bad this movie was after seeing it. It was 9 years since the last sequel so a new movie was seen as a good thing.

Yes, that's the one. Thanks.
I agree with on Jason X. I saw it in the theater with some friends back in high school. I'm glad we saw it during as a matinee because if I had seen as night movie I would have been mad at myself for spending so much money on it. I also think it was just made as anticipation movie for Freddy vs. Jason.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote