Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC to Air Special 4 Week Edition of Dancing with the Stars; House of Payne Spin-off Premieres Jan. 16 on OWN
2017 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend
Fox Midseason 2018 Schedule Has New Comedy; Remembering David Cassidy
CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-18-2012, 11:24 PM   #16
Fuffer
Forum Regular
Vote Beaver For President

No dressing up for me this year. Just handing out candy.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #17
steevo
It is Green

I won't dress up as I usually don't do that anymore, but I will probably hand out candy and watch "Its the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and "Mad Monster Party" on DVD.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #18
Fuffer
Forum Regular

That is right you have to watch "The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown".
Old 10-21-2012, 03:50 AM   #19
Fleet
Forum Veteran
Mansions, limousines & H-ween

Send a message via AIM to Fleet

I added a fog machine to my Halloween room.

It does add more spookiness to it.

Here is a photo...
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2012, 03:30 AM   #20
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity
All You Need Is Paul

Now that the children in my neighborhood are all grown up and gone I get no more trick or treaters on Halloween. It's sad because I loved handing out candy and seeing some really interesting costumes. I remember 1 year when a little boy came to my door dressed as Wilson from Home Improvement. His costume was a picket fence covering half of his face and a fishing hat. It was hysterical! How I miss all of those kids!By the time that trick or treating was about done at 8 PM that's when the teen boys would show up. I always gave them all of my left over candy. They loved me! They were always very polite and I loved hearing their low teen voices at the door!
Now days on Halloween night I pop in "The Haunted History Of Halloween"dvd(produced by the History channel). I still decorate my home for Halloween too.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #21
OH Nuts!
Forum Legend
WINGing it on a Sandpiper!

I won't be dressing up. Usually here in NYC the parade and crowds can get so crazy I pass on it. But this year I may watch it - some of the costumes are really a hoot - some cute ones I remember from past years, teams of people dressed as Emelda's shoes, McDonfald's French fries. And that couple dressed as Albert Einstein and the plutonium bomb. Who would pause and bow to each other. Some really clever and outrageously good costumes!

xxoo You both Rock!!
Old 10-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #22
Steve_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
Now that the children in my neighborhood are all grown up and gone I get no more trick or treaters on Halloween. It's sad because I loved handing out candy and seeing some really interesting costumes. I remember 1 year when a little boy came to my door dressed as Wilson from Home Improvement. His costume was a picket fence covering half of his face and a fishing hat. It was hysterical! How I miss all of those kids!By the time that trick or treating was about done at 8 PM that's when the teen boys would show up. I always gave them all of my left over candy. They loved me! They were always very polite and I loved hearing their low teen voices at the door!
Now days on Halloween night I pop in "The Haunted History Of Halloween"dvd(produced by the History channel). I still decorate my home for Halloween too.
I'm afraid this is one American tradition from which I find difficulty in deriving the remotest source of pleasure. I suppose one cannot begrudge children dressing up in costumes and having parties where youngsters indulge in cinder toffee and candy apples(though Agatha Christie's Hallowe'en Party springs all too readily to mind),yet my own personal anecdotes are those of frightened seniors afraid to show any chink of light in their homes reminiscent of their experiences during the London Blitz,and their rubbish bins overturned should they not concede to the blackmail of offering chocolate titbits to mollify the hardened adolescent in what may be among most an innocent outing to partake in a modicum of fun,so lacking in the urban jungle society has now become.

I would only ask that participants in this annual celebration of the supernatural manifest a modicum of respect and restraint for this Celtic festival with Pagan roots to remain a benevolent experience for all concerned.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #23
Fleet
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_uk
I'm afraid this is one American tradition from which I find difficulty in deriving the remotest source of pleasure. I suppose one cannot begrudge children dressing up in costumes and having parties where youngsters indulge in cinder toffee and candy apples(though Agatha Christie's Hallowe'en Party springs all too readily to mind),yet my own personal anecdotes are those of frightened seniors afraid to show any chink of light in their homes reminiscent of their experiences during the London Blitz,and their rubbish bins overturned should they not concede to the blackmail of offering chocolate titbits to mollify the hardened adolescent in what may be among most an innocent outing to partake in a modicum of fun,so lacking in the urban jungle society has now become.

I would only ask that participants in this annual celebration of the supernatural manifest a modicum of respect and restraint for this Celtic festival with Pagan roots to remain a benevolent experience for all concerned.
Hey, don't be a party-pooper! For many, it's a very fun holiday. In fact, I shiver at the thought of what it would be like if there was no Halloween.

Think of it this way... many people (including myself) set up elaborate displays of which can take weeks to complete and hand out candy for free. When you think of it, it's a very generous holiday. And, again, fun!

Let's keep the Halloween "spirit" alive!
Attached Images

Old 10-22-2012, 11:00 PM   #24
Miss Lisa

I've already practiced the face make up that I'm doing. Since Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year, I'm going to school like this too. Putting temporary black dye in my hair, which is actually a lot shorter now, so that part will be pretty easy.
Attached Images

~♥~"No matter how big or soft or warm your bed is, you still have to get out of it."~♥~
- Grace Slick

http://deviantrose112.posterous.com/
Old 10-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #25
Fuffer
Forum Regular

That is some great face paint. Great job.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #26
Penny Lane
Forum Celebrity
All You Need Is Paul

Very cool Miss Lisa!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #27
Regulus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Lisa
I'm going to school like this too.

If you were in the same school district I went to school in you'd be sent home (South Redford in Redford, Michigan). Halloween was BANNED in the schools after an Incident that happened during Homecoming in 1975. Since Homecoming was scheduled for the weekend before : Halloween the theme for the homecoming was "Haunted Homecoming" and the event began with a parade that went three miles to the school. The parade began at the corner of Inkster Road and West Chicago Road, and went east to Beech Daly Road, there, the parade went north for 1 1/2 miles until it went to Glendale road, which led a half-mile to the school.

The fun began at the corner of W. Chicago and Beech Daly. A Funeral Procession was heading north on Beech Daly when it encountered the roadblock. The Junior Float (A Cemetery) was turning the corner. The Police Officer, seeing this and the Procession, thought they were part of the parade and let them in! (If an entry, such as a float got delayed from making the beginning of the parade they were instructed to go to the corner of W. Chicago and Beech Daly, where the Officer would let them in). Those who watched the parade from that point on CHEERED LOUDLY at the Procession as it passed by. My thought was some students had a connection with a Funeral Home and arranged to borrow a Hearse and some Funeral Flags to stage a "Mock" Procession, with the Cemetery Float in front of it it fit in so beautifully. Little did we know.

After the Parade came the Football Game. Since this was Homecoming the Halftime Show featured all of the elements of the parade. As each unit passed by we were ordered to cheer, the one that got the loudest cheer got the award. When the Procession failed to appear people began questioning what happened to it. That's when it became apparent that this was not a Mock Procession staged by some students, it was THE REAL DEAL. The Participants of the Procession weren't students, they were mourners. To this day I have no idea who the deceased was. Was he or she young or old? Did they die unexpectedly, or were they battling a long disease? Heaven only knows.

Needless to say the School Administration was PSSED OFF! . Halloween-Themed Events were BANNED for any School Festival.

As for the Football Game, Never mind for whom the bell tolls, the final score was Livonia Franklin - 45, South Redford Thurston High School - 3
Old 10-23-2012, 04:14 PM   #28
gidgetgrape
Forever Gidget

Great makeup Miss Lisa! When I was in school I would always wear a Halloween shirt.

I've decorated my den like I do every year. Nothing as awesome Fleet's Halloween room. Just cutesy pumpkins and black cats. I would totally dress up if I had a party to go to.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #29
Fleet
Forum Veteran

Yes, that is a good makeup job! It looks just right.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:55 PM   #30
Fuffer
Forum Regular

Fleet your Halloween set up is awesome.