Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

2017 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend
Fox Midseason 2018 Schedule Has New Comedy; Remembering David Cassidy
CBS Gives 9JKL More Episodes; Remembering Della Reese of Touched by an Angel, Chico and the Man
COZI TV's 4th Annual Holidozi Schedule; Remembering Ann Wedgeworth and Earle Hyman
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 20, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #16
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big3sCompanyFan
Do people have to go to the moon to get the shot?

You know why there will never be a cure for cancer? Or not for a very long time?

The American Cancer Society and other major cancer groups have it their charter that they are to disband if a cure is found. Plus thousands of oncologists and related doctors would be out of work overnight!

Literally BILLIONS of dollars would be lost! That's why a lot of people say the medical community does NOT want to cure cancer because they make BILLIONS from treating it!
I can't think of that thought, that doctors would be out of business. That is telling me you keep your job but people will still die. Doctors would want to eradicate the disease not keep it lingering in society.. If that is the case, every disease known to man would be still with us.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #17
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeecup
I can't think of that thought, that doctors would be out of business. That is telling me you keep your job but people will still die. Doctors would want to eradicate the disease not keep it lingering in society.. If that is the case, every disease known to man would be still with us.

But cancer is much bigger than most other diseases. Cancer is the #2 killer next to heart disease. You think there will be a cure for heart disease? No because people love Big Macs and bacon too much. Dr. Esselstyn has done studies and has a program to basically cure heart disease but you have to be vegan. How many people will do that?

Very few but Bill Clinton did it!
Old 09-24-2012, 01:53 PM   #18
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman
Hear, hear.

Learn to spell moron.
Old 09-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #19
Brad
Forum Veteran
05/26/2013. Taste the happy.

Quote:
Learn to spell moron.
You should probably take your own advice (and epithet): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hear,_hear

As long as we're correcting others' language skills, you should have placed a comma between "spell" and "moron."
Old 09-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #20
Vahan

Quote:
Learn to spell moron.

Learn how to be classy. You've never been classy.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #21
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Exclamation

Quote:
Learn to spell moron.
Everywhere there's trouble, there you are. You're have to change your attitude if you're going to remain a member of this online community. We don't treat each other that way, so stop it. Treat people better, or trust me, you'll be a not so fond memory, very soon.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #22
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Everywhere there's trouble, there you are. You're have to change your attitude if you're going to remain a member of this online community. We don't treat each other that way, so stop it. Treat people better, or trust me, you'll be a not so fond memory, very soon.

Nonsense. I simply stated what a DOCTOR told me are the problems with cancer research and treatment. Then I was attacked w/o just cause.

You realize people are allowed to have different opinions?
Old 09-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #23
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Quote:
Nonsense. I simply stated what a DOCTOR told me are the problems with cancer research and treatment. Then I was attacked w/o just cause.

You realize people are allowed to have different opinions?

Stop making this a "free speech" issue. OF COURSE you have the right to have different opinions, but that doesn't mean you can cloak them in rudeness and dismissiveness and then claim to be a victim.

You came into the original thread and mocked the entire premise of the thread with a very smirky attitude (you even posted a laughing icon while joking about people being given shots on the moon).

As for this supposedly definitive argument that "A DOCTOR TOLD ME", well, have you ever considered that your doctor might be WRONG? I mean, you do realize how paranoid that sounds right? That the entire medical research community would actually WANT to forestall any cure for cancer, out of pure greed? Besides being incredibly cynical, it doesn't even make sense. Profits would be made on the cure, of course...I can't even imagine how much. And as for the researchers, there are many other diseases that need attention; cancer is just one. Do you suppose no one who worked in cancer research would be able to work again?

Try, just TRY, to consider other people's opinions without feeling superior or thinking you having the definitive answer sometime. Just IMAGINE that maybe you could be wrong. It's a common feeling, most of us have it. Imagine that you could actually LEARN something from other people on these boards, that they are your equals, not fools to be mocked and lectured to.

I think you'll find people less hostile and you might even feel better yourself.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:04 PM   #24
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

^ That's what I meant to say.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:34 PM   #25
Family Ties Forever!

-

Last edited by Family Ties Forever! : 09-25-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:38 PM   #26
*ROGER*
Banned!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
The article was something positive.
From reading the very first post of this thread, I can tell that this was supposed to be an encouraging and positive thread. It's a shame that this all has turned into a hateful, bitter argument all because of one negative and very argumentative person.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 PM   #27
Brad
Forum Veteran
05/26/2013. Taste the happy.

I'm really sorry for my part in this. I didn't want to derail your thread, Jenny. It should have been positive and encouraging, but instead it turned into a giant pissing match.

It looks like it might be time for me to get my anger back in check. Again, my apologies.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #28
*ROGER*
Banned!!
Banned

^^^ My opinion (for what it's worth), you are not the one who started or caused any trouble in this thread. You are not the problem. I think most rational people can agree on that. I also think most rational people know who the real trouble-maker is.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #29
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
You weren't attacked. While you're entitled to your opinion, was it really necessary to come into this thread and ruin it? The article was something positive. You not only tried to make it negative, but you made fun of it.

Regardless of the unfortunate intrusion, the story is interesting and very heartening. For those of us whose lives have been scarred forever by cancer, any hope is very welcome.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:47 PM   #30
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
My Sweet Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
I'm really sorry for my part in this. I didn't want to derail your thread, Jenny. It should have been positive and encouraging, but instead it turned into a giant pissing match.

It looks like it might be time for me to get my anger back in check. Again, my apologies.
Brad, I don't think you did anything wrong at all. On the contrary, you stuck up for your friend. He should have started his own thread on the cancer conspiracy, instead of threadcrapping this one. You could have phrased it differently, but that's what happens when we get angry. It's not as if you do it all the time.