Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Archives
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV Network Makes Spring Change; Freeform Orders Pilot from Paul Feig
Antenna TV Adds More Alice in April; Andi Mack Gets 3rd Season on Disney
Decades Acquires Newhart Starting March 2018; Santa Clarita Diet Brings Out More Stars for Season 2
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 19, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix's Disjointed to End After One Season; Will & Grace Revival Coming to DVD
Fri-Yay: Is the Era of the "Sadcom" Over?; TBS Lands Pilot from Emmy Winner
The CW to Expand to 6 Nights; Netflix Gets 5th Season of Grace and Frankie
CBS Renews Digital Sitcom; Judy Greer Is Not Kidding, She Joins Jim Carrey Comedy
Rare Gems on getTV for Black History Month; Showtime Comedy Pilot Brings Out the Stars
ABC Crossovers Set for March 1; Tosh.0 Gets 3 Additional Seasons Thru 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 12, 2018)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)

Trial & Error - The Complete First Season Superior Donuts - Season One Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season

01/09 - Girlfriends - The Complete Series
01/16 - Trial & Error - The Complete First Season
01/22 - Superior Donuts - Season One
01/23 - Baskets - The Complete Season Two
02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #631
Chocoholic
Banned!!
Forum Veteran
Banned

I've always enjoyed reading Irene's posts. I thought she was a funny, intelligent, and mature woman. She never said or did anything mean to me. (That I know of, anyway.) However, skimming through the first 20 pages or so here has really opened my eyes to what kind of person she really is. It's really sad when people have nothing better to do than make others miserable.

Old 11-18-2008, 03:50 PM   #632
Pusy Galore
Forum Veteran
In God's Arms Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesneyLady
I've always enjoyed reading Irene's posts. I thought she was a funny, intelligent, and mature woman. She never said or did anything mean to me. (That I know of, anyway.) However, skimming through the first 20 pages or so here has really opened my eyes to what kind of person she really is. It's really sad when people have nothing better to do than make others miserable.

I don't see how it makes them feel better. It makes you wonder what they think of themselves if they feel they have to play people constantly and stir up trouble. Sad really. I had nothing against her really other than never spelling my name correctly, lol, but I've seen the actual emails and posts and I wanted nothing more to do with it.
I also don't see why people have to pretend they're something they're not - i.e. the profile pictures. Can't you just be happy with being who you are?

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous

Old 11-18-2008, 07:22 PM   #633
Sharop
Andy Gibb aged 12

Location: Courthouse Square, Hill Valley, beside the clocktower, 10:04 p.m., November 12th 1955

I've just finished reading through this thread (it took me over an hour) and all I can say is WOW. Not WOW in the good way either. I always thought Irene was a kind, lively, enthusiastic member. I thought she seemed a bit outspoken at times but thought it was harmless and that in general she was a cool person.

Since I started hearing anecdotes of some of the stuff that's been going on, my thoughts started to change, although I didn't have a clear picture then. Since I haven't been directly involved in any of this drama I can't say I know everything about what went on, but I certainly have a better idea of what's been happening thanks to this thread. So in that sense I'm glad this thread was started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brieannas21
If someone were to say anything bad about me or my family, my children, so the **** what, I know who I am, and who my family is. I have other things to worry about, there are people here who do not like me for whatever reason...So what. If I don't like what someone has said about me, I take it up with that person, I would send them an email, IM, PM, Text or call them.

That's cool that you feel that way, but other people may be more sensitive, sometimes a lot more so. You probably have a very thick skin, which is a good thing, but it's not a bad thing to be sensitive to this kind of stuff either. I'm a very sensitive person and can get upset simply over jokes if I don't understand the intent behind them.

I understand that you don't like seeing this out in the open here, but the way I look at it is, this has all been going on for at least eight months, possibly more, and is still going on now. It seems like more people from SO were being dragged into this and members were having people turning against them because of lies spread. I think this whole affair needed to be brought public just so that members could defend themselves about lies against them and try to set the record straight. Having this out in the open would also prevent the possibility of friends turning against members because of lies being spread about them.

Doc: Don't worry! As long as you hit that wire with the connecting hook at precisely 88 miles per hour, the instant the lightning strikes the tower, everything will be fine!

Old 11-18-2008, 10:47 PM   #634
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers

Thanks Janice and Cathie I've been working really hard to let people here see the REAL me, the girl I am inside.

"I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death."-Professor Severus Snape

Old 11-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #635
Nighthawk76
Forum Veteran
Rachel Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu Rogers
Thanks Janice and Cathie I've been working really hard to let people here see the REAL me, the girl I am inside.

Not to jump on any bandwagons here, but I also think you've grown a great deal as a person over the last year, Lauren. Just remember though that "life is a journey not a destination", to quote Aerosmith, so you'll continue to grow through out your life. Which is one of the things that makes life interesting I think.

Old 11-18-2008, 11:03 PM   #636
LuLu Rogers
Forum Veteran
Colonel Brandon

Send a message via Yahoo to LuLu Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking Up Laughing
Not to jump on any bandwagons here, but I also think you've grown a great deal as a person over the last year, Lauren. Just remember though that "life is a journey not a destination", to quote Aerosmith, so you'll continue to grow through out your life. Which is one of the things that makes life interesting I think.

Thank you Mike, and I agree, you do keep growing throughout your life

Old 11-19-2008, 01:38 AM   #637
treky
Forum Veteran
star trek fan

yes, Lauren, you do, and, like someone else said, I'm proud of you for recognizing your problems, and doing something about it! (and you've given me confidence to face my problems head on. THANK YOU!!!)

Granny: "How much fer one o' them red diamonds?"
clerk: "Madam, those are rubies."
Granny: "OK ask her kin we buy one offa her."
clerk: " The ruby I am talking about is not a lady."
Granny: "Lissen, how she got them diamonds is her business. I'm just sayin' ask her kin we buy one from her."

Old 11-19-2008, 02:45 PM   #638
Dianne3
Forum Regular

I have only posted on SO once in over a year - I lurk now however for the first time in a very long time I felt compelled to post something.

Re Irene drama: I had a bad vibe about her from the first few times I saw her posts. You know how sometimes in the outside/internet world you get a bad feeling about someone even though they have done nothing wrong that you know of. I never talked to her, I just observed this as an outsider. I'm not at all surprised about the stuff that I am reading. As for the other people involved, I don't even know who they are however Irene always stood out for me.