Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Spike TV Schedule / Robert Stack Tribute / Related Links /
True Crime Shows Message Board
/ All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Decades Network December Comedy Binge; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 5, 2016)
CBS Midseason 2017 Schedule; Remembering Grant Tinker
Kyle Richards to Host Little House COZI Stunt; Bravo to Launch New Series in February
The MeTV Network Acquires MacGyver; Tiffani Thiessen Back with 3rd Season of Series
Mama's Family Coming to Logo in December; Remembering Ron Glass of Barney Miller
Week 10 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: Original Twin Peaks Series to Stream on Showtime Services; CBS Passes on Additional Episodes of Pure Genius
Remembering Florence Henderson, America's Favorite TV Mom; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of November 28, 2016)
2016 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend
TV Land Comedy Teachers Returns in January with New Series; Fox Is In Thin Ice with New Comedy
COZI TV's 3rd Annual Holidozi Schedule; Girls Returns for One Last Time, While New Series Premieres
ABC to Air Match Game, To Tell the Truth in January; Freeform Announces Casting for Indian Sitcom Pilot

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

Dr. Ken - Season One Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season The Lucy Show - The Complete Series The Mindy Project - Season Four

10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-22-2016, 06:53 AM   #151
tsaun
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msyoung
Hello, you need to watch your mouth you dont know, I am the mother and it was ced and chris that did the crime.

Ms. Young, what is ced up to now?
Old 02-22-2016, 12:26 PM   #152
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msyoung
Hello this is Fredericks mother he will be getting out march 19 2016.

Thanks for the update!

I echo RobinW's sentiments. I am also confused at the length of your son's sentence. Despite the obvious question of whether he was the actual guilty party, it seems odd to me that he was given such a long commitment term.

In any case, I am hopeful that upon his release next month, he can start to put his life back together again. I'm assuming he must have appeared before some sort of parole board? I've been looking at his inmate information and it looks as if his projected release date isn't until 2023. I sincerely hope that is not the case...
Old 02-22-2016, 12:32 PM   #153
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaun
Ms. Young, what is ced up to now?

I'm not Ms. Young, but it looks to me that Cedric is also in prison. Every state's classifications are different, but it looks to me that he's in prison for being a Habitual Felon.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:15 AM   #154
MissFlyy
Occasional Poster

It looks like Ced is in prison. Most of his convictions deal with theft and larceny. I hope Fred do get out soon, so he can turn his life around.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:34 PM   #155
RobertStacked
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworkhigh
One thing is certain here: One twin is playing the "it was my twin" card. The other twin is legit. Either way either one of Cedric or Frederick are bottom of the barrel rotten human beings. Cedirc would be plain old rotten for allowing his brother to rot for a crime he didn't commit. Frederick would be rotten for not being accountable for his actions and actually convincing legions of people he is the victim.

Here is why I lean towards Frederick being the guilty party

- I'll cut him some slack. He isn't very bright, along the same lines of Tim McClure. Both suspects made some decisions and opened up their mouths which made them look very suspicious. They aren't smart men, but not necessarily guilty men. The problem though that I have is that it took Frederick so long to come up with the conclusion that it could be his brother Cedric involved. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but any twin I meet they are trained from birth to handle a conversation like this:

"Hey I saw you the other day"
"No, it wasn't me, it was my brother, we are identical twins."

In 22 years I am almost certain that Frederick had come upon that conversation no less than 100 times. After all his family members - his own MOTHER - mistakes them so forgive me if I am a little confused as to why Frederick didn't think about being mistaken for Cedric from day one. If you are being tried for a crime you were not involved in, wouldn't you figure right off the bat that your criminal brother was behind it?

- Secondly, Chris Ross was a thug. At least in the UM segment he seemed to think this thing was a big joke. Some people like the publicity. He's in jail too remember, he isn't going to rat out ANOTHER member of his "jail society" he'll attack an outsider. Why? Maybe to be protected, maybe for kicks, but I have a hard time taking the word of a hardened criminal who claims he never said anything "because no one asked him" (his words not mine)

- If there was evidence that Cedric committed the crime we would know about this by now. Apparently there wasn't. Cedric isn't exactly a pillar of the community either, but anything from stolen merchandise to money to guns would have been found on him. They weren't. All we know is that Frederick was in possession of the gun in his car that he "claimed" to have never seen.

- Not only was it stupid to pretend to be your brother at the beginning, but it would be a perfect reason to say something like that AFTER you've committed a series of burglaries. If you had committed a bunch of crimes, got pulled over assuming you'd be arrested wouldn't you try the whole switcheroo thing too?

- Also, the court of public opinion is not the jury. Frederick seemed to have convinced many people of his innocence but he could be just as vicious of a person that he claims Cedric to be. What kind of brother would ruin his other brother's life who is OUTSIDE of prison trying to carry on? My thought is, it would be far easier to be in prison, bitter, resentful and come up with a scheme to finger your twin brother than it would to be on the outside knowing your flesh and blood is suffering on the inside. You would feel far less guilty with the former than the latter.

That's my take, Frederick is where he belongs. It seems their mother is convinced it was Cedric too and I often wonder why. Both of her sons weren't angels. She is going on the word of her one son who initially was a liar and deceitful to start with. I can't imagine how their Thanksgiving dinners would be together.

I know Cedric looked really bad with the whole "crocodile tears" on Geraldo while Frederick was legitimately crying. But who knows, maybe Cedric was TRYING to cry because he was painted out to be the villain but he couldn't cry. If I were innocent and my bro was fingering me I'd be so mad I wouldn't be able to cry. Disgusted if anything.

"I am a little confused as to why Frederick didn't think about being mistaken for Cedric from day one" He hadn't come up with that scheme until later. That is why. Ross was doing it to look like a hero knowing that it likely would not change any outcome while getting attention and possibly being 'taken care of".
Old 10-04-2016, 09:51 PM   #156
RobertStacked
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Yep. His attorney was disbarred for neglecting clients. I don't think he got the best defense at his trial.

His license was suspended, he was not disbarred, according to the segment.

Last edited by LooksLikeCRicci : 10-05-2016 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Argumentative
Old 10-04-2016, 09:56 PM   #157
RobertStacked
Occasional Poster

Quote:
He actually did get another trial, and Chris Ross actually testified that it was Cedric, not Fred who was his accomplice in the robbery. He was still convicted the 2nd time, though.

A year later the court of appeals agreed to consider new evidence. Ross got on the stand. The judge decided against granting a new trial after the new evidence was presented.

Last edited by LooksLikeCRicci : 10-05-2016 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Argumentative
Old 10-04-2016, 10:00 PM   #158
RobertStacked
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap Dancer
I'm sorry I was wrong. Aside from them being in different states, everything else seemed matched up. The whole "I want to bring attention to my case" and the reasons he was in prison (burglary and the possession of a gun) are the same. They have the same name with the unusual spelling. Also, I think they're close in age, although this man may be slightly younger.

Edit: I did some searching and after looking at Fredrick's updated prison photo, I can see they're not the same person now. Both have full lips, but the man who escaped from AK has a large nose. Also, according to his prison record, the AK man does spell his name the usual way: Frederick. The news story spelled it the other way, which is probably why I found it when I Google'd the name. One of his aliases is "Fredrick Young."

It's interesting that both men are due to be released in the year 2023. Fredrick in September and Frederick in October. Both have been in prison since the 1990s. Fredrick is three years older than Frederick, and I had guessed they're close in age.

Fredrick L Young

Frederick L Young

Burglary and robbery are not the same thing. They have theft in common, but are not the same thing.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:10 PM   #159
RobertStacked
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
This is an unique Final Appeal case in that there's certainly a plausible case for Fred's innocence but not a great deal of hard EVIDENCE actually supporting his innocence. I think the three biggest points in his favour are:

-Chris Ross claiming Cedric was his real accomplice
-Cedric's "crocodile tears" performance on Geraldo. I'd think that if Cedric was really innocent, he'd be more angry about being falsely accused by his incarcerated brother rather than breaking down into emotional hysterics. I thought Fred's emotions came off a lot more sincerely and he did seem genuinely hurt that his brother was letting him take the rap
-the twins' mother believing Fred instead of Cedric. I know it's common for parents to believe in their children's innocence even when the evidence against them is overwhelming. But in this case, her other son is accused of being the real perpetrator and by siding with Fred, she's pretty much severing her relationship with the one child who's still free and not locked up for the next 60+ years. The fact that the twins' mother has no trouble believing that Cedric is the real perpetrator speaks volumes, IMO

But again, none of these points are definitive proof that Fred didn't commit the crime, so I can why it would be hard to get his sentence overturned. I still learn towards innocence, but I too am bothered by Ross' gun being in the trunk of Fred's car. I'm sure there was no frame-up and it was nothing more than a bad coincidence that Fred was pulled over by the police, but it's still pretty weird that Ross would leave a weapon that he used during a crime there.

Either way, I've always maintained that even Fred committed the crimes, no one was actually hurt, so he should have been released by now anyway.

Let's see how unhurt you feel when a gun is pointed in your face and you don't know whether you're about to be shot in the face.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #160
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Guessing that really was Fred's mother, he was paroled/released 3/19 this year.

Link

Just think how awful it would be if he was in fact innocent. 20+ years.
Old 10-06-2016, 02:15 PM   #161
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertStacked
A year later the court of appeals agreed to consider new evidence. Ross got on the stand. The judge decided against granting a new trial after the new evidence was presented.

For reasons unknown, other than he/she didn't believe Chris Ross.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:10 AM   #162
MissFlyy
Occasional Poster

Yea it would be horrible if he didn't do the crime and his brother actually did. Glad he got paroled early and hope he makes something of himself. He spent almost 25 years in jail and prison. His brother Ced is in prison now and won't get out in a while.

Quote:
Guessing that really was Fred's mother, he was paroled/released 3/19 this year.

Link

Just think how awful it would be if he was in fact innocent. 20+ years.