Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 7 / Season 8
Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

VH1 Sets Premiere for Hip Hop Squares; Fox Renews Two More Series for 2017-18
Fox Orders 2nd Season of The Mick; Jerrod Carmichael Returns to HBO for Special
ABC Celebrates the Oscars with Stunts; HBO Sunday Series Available Early on HBO GO
Light TV, A New Classic TV and Movies Network Launches; Adam Carolla Gets Spike TV Series
Week 22 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Orders Pilot for Sitcom Starring Carol Burnett; Lou Grant to Wrap Up on DVD
IFC Orders Comedy for 2018; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of February 20, 2017)
More Celebs Slated for New Season of Who Do You Think You Are?; It's Always Sunny in VR
Three's Company 40th Anniversary Weekend on Antenna TV This March; Attention Cloud 9 Shoppers: Superstore Renewed for a 3rd Season


New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)

I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized) The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two Hooperman - Season One 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete First Season

01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/21 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #151
Apostapler
Forum Regular
Member
 
Apostapler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
This might explain why he left his cash and keys in the rental car. I could see a situation where he decided to leave material things behind and he did seem to be exploring his spirituality and the deeper side of life.

I was thinking maybe he had left his money in the car to go meditate while not being encumbered with "worldy" things, then planning to go back to his car and go home. BUT, he also left his keys behind (was the car locked or unlocked? I forgot) and that would make me think that he was intentionally abandoning the money, clothes left behind in the vehicle, etc, permanently.

That would make him just another David Stone, lost in the desert/mountains. Maybe someday his bones will be identified.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #152
TracyLynnS
Senior Member
Don't Look Up
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,087
Default

Apostapler's comment just reminded me...

A couple days ago, I read about a man's remains being found in his car only 100 feet off the road in Colorado. He'd driven his car off a cliff in an apparent suicide all the way back in 1987.

So there he was, kinda close to the road, in a car, and he wasn't spotted for 26 years. If Adam was in the woods by himself and something caused him to die, it might be years before his remains would be found, if ever.


Mr. Vasey, Colorado:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3269295.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #153
Apostapler
Forum Regular
Member
 
Apostapler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 860
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
Apostapler's comment just reminded me...

A couple days ago, I read about a man's remains being found in his car only 100 feet off the road in Colorado. He'd driven his car off a cliff in an apparent suicide all the way back in 1987.

So there he was, kinda close to the road, in a car, and he wasn't spotted for 26 years. If Adam was in the woods by himself and something caused him to die, it might be years before his remains would be found, if ever.


Mr. Vasey, Colorado:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3269295.html

True that! How long did it take them to find Mike Riemer after he was killed...years and years.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:21 AM   #154
wiseguy182
Senior Member
Member
 
wiseguy182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11, 2006
Location: Wendy's salad bar
Posts: 6,708
Default

Perhaps not the exact same thing, but I love this story nonetheless. A few day ago, there was a story about a man named Greg Karper, who rounded up a bunch of Abercrombie and Fitch clothing and was passing it out to people on Skid Row, tarnishing the image that the clothes are only worn by beautiful, popular young people as was the goal of A & F CEO Michael Jeffries.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-la-man-523418

I gave away most of my A & F clothing to the less fortunate earlier in the year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:42 PM   #155
Corkys-Place
Forum Regular
Unsolved Mysteries Fan
 
Corkys-Place's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 23, 2010
Posts: 472
Default

The CEO of A & F is the creepiest thing I've ever seen! *Shudders*
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:16 PM   #156
Shakou
Frequent Poster
Member
 
Join Date: May 08, 2008
Posts: 61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
Perhaps not the exact same thing, but I love this story nonetheless. A few day ago, there was a story about a man named Greg Karper, who rounded up a bunch of Abercrombie and Fitch clothing and was passing it out to people on Skid Row, tarnishing the image that the clothes are only worn by beautiful, popular young people as was the goal of A & F CEO Michael Jeffries.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-la-man-523418

I gave away most of my A & F clothing to the less fortunate earlier in the year.

That is AWESOME! The CEO of A&F is a complete jackoff.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:37 AM   #157
JenniferS.
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 06, 2003
Posts: 323
Default

As for meditation in the mountains ,I highly think Adam would find Beverly Hills remote enough and the kind of mountains he would do his soul searching in. Lets not forget his car was found on a Beverly Hills side street. And the keys were found in the ignition and car unlocked. Who leaves their car that way? The only thing I can see is the person was in a hurry to dump the car and run and didn't think about taking the keys out of the ignition or locking the door. We don't even know if Adam was the one who drove the car there. As for leaving his wallet in a car that is unusual, men usually have their wallets glued to them, to the point were they leave their wallet in their pants pocket over night weather pants are hanging on a bed post or over a chair. But what I find the most unusual is who carries 600 dollars around with them? That's an offal lot of money. The more money a person has the less they carry cash around with them, very little if any. They would rely on credits cards more. All I could think of is someone either paid him back and he never got to the bank or he was on his way to do a transaction and never got there. Still it is possible he joined up with a cult and left all his worldly possessions behind even in that strange way.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:05 PM   #158
drMorgus
Occasional Poster
Member
 
drMorgus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 14, 2016
Location: Swamps of Jersey
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoge21
if he never met tony he'd still be here now

they just aired this segment again on lifetime so it refreshed my memories. I don't remember the entire original segment regardless I agree if he had never met Tony he would be alive today. That could mean drugs, a cult which is kinda what I believed happened. I have seen this before and have personally gone through this exact same thing with a family member so it seems like the scenario I believe the most. Reading some of the scenarios and the reactions on this forum has forced me to think twice about my initial reaction. In either case I feel for the family and think they are judged a little harshly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 03:59 PM   #159
plmkr88
Frequent Poster
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 26, 2010
Location: College Station TX
Posts: 93
Default

i think him meeting Tony set off some imbalance mentally. that led to him giving everything up, taking to the streets, and ultimately dying in some way shape or form.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:51 AM   #160
EverythingNthensome
Frequent Poster
Danascully
 
EverythingNthensome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 22, 2014
Location: Brooklyn, Ny
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferS.
As for meditation in the mountains ,I highly think Adam would find Beverly Hills remote enough and the kind of mountains he would do his soul searching in. Lets not forget his car was found on a Beverly Hills side street. And the keys were found in the ignition and car unlocked. Who leaves their car that way? The only thing I can see is the person was in a hurry to dump the car and run and didn't think about taking the keys out of the ignition or locking the door. We don't even know if Adam was the one who drove the car there. As for leaving his wallet in a car that is unusual, men usually have their wallets glued to them, to the point were they leave their wallet in their pants pocket over night weather pants are hanging on a bed post or over a chair. But what I find the most unusual is who carries 600 dollars around with them? That's an offal lot of money. The more money a person has the less they carry cash around with them, very little if any. They would rely on credits cards more. All I could think of is someone either paid him back and he never got to the bank or he was on his way to do a transaction and never got there. Still it is possible he joined up with a cult and left all his worldly possessions behind even in that strange way.
I have to say i agree %100 with you on that. I couldn't tell you how many times I've gotten annoyed and yelled at my husband for leaving his damn wallet in his pants, and just throwing them around. You also make a good point with the cash he was carrying, someone could have prevented him from getting to where he was supposed to be.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:08 PM   #161
WishfulDreamer
Senior Member
Member
 
WishfulDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 2,988
Default

Beverly Hills is not remote. However, it's not a far drive to the vast Angeles National Forest, but I suspect his car would have been found closer to there if his goal had been meditation in the mountains.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Lifetime

Lifetime Schedule / Lifetime Site

Escape Schedule / Escape Site



Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.