Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Boy Meets World links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Boy Meets World Photo Gallery

Boy Meets World - The Complete First Season

Buy Boy Meets World - The Complete First Season on DVD
Boy Meets World - The Complete Second Season

Buy Boy Meets World - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Boy Meets World - The Complete Third Season

Buy Boy Meets World - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Boy Meets World - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Boy Meets World - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Boy Meets World - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Boy Meets World - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Boy Meets World - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Boy Meets World - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Boy Meets World - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Boy Meets World - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Boy Meets World - The Complete Collection

Buy Boy Meets World - The Complete Collection on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Fan Fiction > Boy Meets World - Fan Fiction

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival
ABC Fall Pilot Review: The Kids Are Alright - Premieres Tuesday (Oct. 16); FX Gets New Comedy for 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Patricia Heaton Eyes a Return to TV With CBS Sitcom; VEI Announced Bad News Bears TV Series DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Superstore Season 4 At the Top of Its Game; Freeform's New Kickoff to Christmas Event
Showtime Isn't Kidding About Season 2 of Kidding; TBS Gets Another Unscripted Comedy
The CW Bulks Up for Next Summer; FX Brings Back Mr Inbetween for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-25-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Default "Boy in the Big Apple"

This is a sitcom set in New York City. It's an updated version of the original "Boy Meets World." Somewhat like "What's Happening!!" & "What's Happening Now!!". I'm still working on the official title of this series.

First Season: 2005-2006

Cast:

Ben Savage as Cory Matthews
Danielle Fishel as Topanga Matthews
Rider Strong as Shawn Hunter
Will Friedle as Eric Matthews
Bianca Lawson as Christine Boswell (Eric's Live-In Girlfriend)
Dave Foley as Mr. Abrams (The Gang's Landlord)
Jeremy Piven as Lance Barker (Eric's News Director)

Cory has decided to go back to school ... and teach! The first episode follows his first day back in school as a history teacher.

Topanga has the job she got in the finale which led the gang to New York City (I forget what it is ). She talks about having kids, with Cory, but right now is still focused on her career.

Eric's a weatherman with a live-in girlfriend. He's still zany, like in the later years of the original show. However, it's toned down some.

Shawn is still looking for the right girl, ever since Angela announced she met someone else (She's not on the show, just referred to). He works as a "secretary" at an office.

Christine Boswell is Eric's live-in girlfriend. She has been dating Eric for two years. The first episode of the series is when they move in together. She owns a restaurant (which the gang visit alot) since her father passed away and left it to her.

Mr. Abrams is the landlord for the apartment the gang live in. He's a silly guy (remember, Dave Foley is playing him) who serves as a mentor to them. However, he's not as wise as Mr. Feeny. In fact, he's not a great mentor. But he tries really hard to be. And once in a while, he gives some helpful words of advice.

Lance Barker is Eric's arrogant news director. Eric gets on his nerves, but he knows Eric is a great weather man, so he keeps him around. Evenutally the two form a friendship.

I'll start posting episodes soon. I'm thinking one every Friday, so it'll be like a real season.

Last edited by Adamantium; 08-28-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:49 PM   #2
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

The new title of the series is "Boy in the Big Apple". The pilot has already been shot, but Jeremy Piven is being added to the show beginning with episode two as Eric's news director. Also, David Anthony Higgins will guest star in the pilot as Cory's boss/the principal.

The series will debut on Friday, September 9th, 2005.
Old 08-28-2005, 05:12 PM   #3
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Here's an interview with Ben Savage, talking about "Boy in the Big Apple."

TVAdam: Hello, Ben.

Ben Savage: Hi, TV Adam.

TVAdam: Tell me what this show is about.

Ben Savage: Well, it's basically just a follow-up to the series finale of "Boy Meets World." Cory, Shawn, Topanga and Eric are living in New York City. Cory's a school teacher. So this time, I'm like Feeny and Turner. There are recurring students in the show.

TVAdam: What's Cory's homelife like?

Ben Savage: Cory is still married to Topanga and they live in an apartment. Shawn and Eric also live in the apartment building, but different apartments. Eric has a live-in girlfriend, played by the beautiful Bianca Lawson. Dave Foley plays the landlord, who tries to serve as a mentor, but always comes up a little short with words of wisdom. He's no Feeny.

TVAdam: Will Feeny ever appear on this show?

Ben Savage: Right now, we're planning on having William Daniels come in for an episode in November sweeps. I just hope he agrees to do the show.

TVAdam: Well I hope this show does very well.

Ben Savage: Me too.

TVAdam: Thank you.

Ben Savage: Thank you.
Old 09-10-2005, 05:11 PM   #4
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

I fell asleep yesterday and never posted the episode. So I'm postponing the pilot to air next week. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:02 AM   #5
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

episode 1. "Pilot"

The series starts with Cory Matthews getting ready to go to school. Shawn enters the apartment to wish Cory well on his first day as a history teacher. They talk a little (makin' some funny). Cory kisses Topanga goodbye, and he heads for work.

"Boy in the Big City"
Starring:
Ben Savage
Rider Strong
Danielle Fishel
Will Friedle
Bianca Lawson
Dave Foley

Cory enters the halls of Daleside High where he's greeted by the principal, Mr. Dixon. The two talk some and Cory goes into his classroom. He's alone in the classroom and does his best Mr. Feeny impression, pretending to be teaching a class.

Back at the apartment, Eric and Christine Boswell are moving boxes into his apartment. They talk about how this is a big step in their relationship. Mr. Abrams enters the room, asking for the rent money. He welcomes Christine and then exits.

At school, Cory teaches his first class. Sure enough there are three "special" students. A Cory-like kid, a Shawn-like kid and a Topanga-like kid. The students seem to like Cory.

Cory returns to the apartment, where he's greeted by Topanga, who's ready for some lovin'. They get in the bed, but all he can think about is the great time he had at school. They kiss some, and then he stops to tell her about the three students who reminded him of his youth. There's a knock at the door. Cory gets up and answers it. It's Shawn, inviting them to go Tobey's (the local hang-out) to along with Eric and Christine. He agrees.

Cory, Topanga, Shawn, Eric and Christine are sitting at a booth with food. They talk about this, that and the other. Cory tells the gang how great his new job is. Eric tells the gang how great living with Christine is. Topanga tells the gang how great her job is. Shawn tells the gang how great it is that they've gone all this time without a conflict.

Guest Stars:
David Anthony Higgins as Mr. Dixon
Old 09-23-2005, 11:54 PM   #6
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

episode 2. "Eric's Weather"

The episode starts with Eric entering Cory and Topanga's apartment. Topanga is sitting at the table, eating breakfast. Cory is in his room getting ready for work. Eric sits down and talks to Topanga. He's nervous because he believes he's going to get the promotion to News Director today. Topanga gives him her support. Cory enters and sits down. The three talk and make some funny banter.

"Boy in the Big City"
Starring:
Ben Savage
Rider Strong
Danielle Fishel
Will Friedle
Bianca Lawson
Dave Foley
Jeremy Piven

Eric arrives at the station, still nervous. He meets Lance Barker. The two don't get off to a good start and they argue. It's then that Lance introduces himself as the new News Director. Eric passes out.

At school, Cory is walking down the halls when he runs into Shawn, who's dressed up like a janitor. The two talk. Shawn informs Cory that he's the new janitor at Daleside High.

Back at home, Eric talks to Christine about Lance. Mr. Abrams knocks on the door and they let him in. When he finds out about Eric's work situation, he gets furious.

The next scene shows Abrams down at Eric's station in a fencer's outfit, complete with a sword. He walks over to Lance and challenges him to a duel. Lance accepts. It cuts to the both of them dressed in fencer outfits having a sword fight. Eric walks in and stops them. Lance fires Eric.

Over at Tobey's, the whole gang, minus Abrams and Lance, discuss Eric's job situation. Shawn also talks about his first day at school as the janitor. He also informs the group that he's quit. Lance comes into Tobey's. He tells Eric that Abrams told him where he'd be. Lance admits that the crew misses him and his replacement sucks. He asks Eric to come back. Eric agrees. The two shake hands.

Tag Scene: Cory standing at his door, looking out at the hallway. "The Way We Were (Memories)" plays and Cory flashbacks to Shawn working at the school.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:35 PM   #7
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Instead of "Boy in the Big Apple", tonight we are airing a ball game. Don't worry, the show will return with an all new episode next week.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:31 PM   #8
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Sad news, I am leaving the show. I just keep forgetting, come Friday. So I'm ending the show. If anyone else wants to do the show, continuing the pattern I've started go ahead. Keep the show alive!
Old 11-25-2005, 11:46 PM   #9
spunkygirl
Forum Veteran

Awww this was so good, I hope someone finishes it
spunkygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:24 PM   #10
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

"Boy in the Big Apple" will be returning! The show's producers are getting the cast back together for next season. The first 13 episodes have already been shot, but only two aired.

Ben Savage: It looks like we're being picked up for a second season afterall. However, our first season was cut short to only the thirteen that we already shot. The second season will have a couple of changes to try and improve the show a little. Right now, we're having trouble convincing Dave Foley to return to the show. But don't worry, we're not done with him yet.

The show will return THIS Friday (January 27th, 2006) with a repeat of the pilot episode. The following Friday will have the repeat of the second episode. February 10th, 2006 will be the big return of new episodes with two brand new episodes in a row!
Old 01-27-2006, 06:38 PM   #11
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Important News!!

"Boy In The Big City" is moving to another thread! It will be part of THE TVADAM NETWORK. Check out tht thread for further episode descriptions.

Also, Dave Foley will be leaving after the first thirteen episodes (which have already been shot) since he is going to star in "My Prince's Keeper."

The show has already been picked up for a second season and word is that both Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) and Danny Masterson (That 70's Show) will join the cast as the father and son landlords.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:20 AM   #12
wilson001
Frequent Poster

Awesome this was too good!!
Old 09-18-2018, 06:14 PM   #13
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

Wow, looks like I predicted Cory would become a teacher way back in 2005, haha. I'm sorry I didn't keep up with this fan fiction. But a lot of times when I start something, I never finish it. That's one of my major flaws.