Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Drunk History and Corporate Return in January; Jim Gaffigan Returns with Comedy Central Special
The Dick Van Dyke Show and I Love Lucy in Color on Dec. 14; The CW Sets January 2019 Premiere Dates
getTV 2018 Holiday Marathons Schedule; truTV Comedy Returns for 3rd Season
Freeform and ABC's 2018 25 Days of Christmas Schedule; The CW Orders Full Seasons of All Freshman Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 12, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Vanessa Bayer Set to Co-Create and Star in Showtime Comedy; Orange is the New Black Sequel in Discussions
Fri-Yay: When Is It Time to Stop Looking at Live Ratings?; NBC Sets and Shifts January 2019 Lineup

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-07-2016, 02:01 PM   #1
Svenfan1234
Carole King = Queen of Music

Default Where were you during 9/11?

We were and are watching a video in 9/11 in my World History Class and it is SO CREEPY. Yes, I was alive, but barely remember what happened. I know what happened, I just don't remember my personal experience with it. I thought it'd be really fascinating to hear your stories about it. Such a tragic event, and I hope it never happens again!
And take your soul if you let them,
Oh, but don't you let them

Carole King, You've Got a Friend
Svenfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 05:04 PM   #2
Babalu

I was in lower Manhattan that day and saw the planes hit the buildings. I had friends that were in the buildings. One walked down from the 90th floor and made it out. Some of his co-workers waited for the elevator and didn't get out. I was very happy to get home that day.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:19 PM   #3
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

There is a thread every year to remember 9/11. RIP.

link

On September 11th I was in one of my college classes. One of the other professors came in and told our professor and class about the first plane, and then a few minutes later about the second plane crash. I remember everyone was shocked.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:34 PM   #4
Liza
BestYearsofOurLives

Send a message via AIM to Liza

I was in college in Michigan. It was my morning to sleep in, but I woke up with an earache. My mom called me and asked me for my cousin's phone number (she was an intern at the Pentagon). I asked her what was so urgent and she screamed at me to turn on the TV.

Then I remember my roommate ran in - she had run across campus when she found out what had happened and she'd screamed "WHERE IS YOUR DAD?" because he had just flown out of Dulles the day before. Thank God, my Dad was safe, but one of his friends went down on the plane in Pennsylvania.

--

Oh, and I do remember logging in here that night. All of us from everywhere were reaching out to each other trying to make sense of what had happened. Not sure how many of us are still on SO, but I was HERE in 2001.
Liza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 06:02 AM   #5
Tubehead

Default were were you on 9 /11 ?

i was at the dentist office getting my teeth cleaned!! i remember seeing it on the tv!!
Tubehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 01:44 PM   #6
Coffeecup
coffeecup.

I was at work at a inn and the lobby tv was turned on.
Coffeecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 02:39 PM   #7
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

I was getting ready for work. I'm on PST, it was morning here!
Bonniegirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 03:00 PM   #8
bmasters9

I was pressure-washing my house with my father when I first heard of it from my sister-in-law.
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's spiel for The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season; modified from what it was in 1985)
bmasters9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:27 PM   #9
mets82

I was asleep. I woke up saw there was an attack, and wished my condolences to the people in the towers and went back to bed

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
mets82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:51 PM   #10
Penny Lane
Pol- Dark and Handsome
Forum Celebrity

I was on my computer when my Mom called and told me to turn on the tv. At first we thought it was just a horrible plane crash. I'll never forget it!
Old 06-13-2016, 12:17 AM   #11
visaman666
Forum Regular

I was in Vancouver and slept through most of it. I didn't know what happened until I got to work at RBC Visa. RBC had an investment office across the street from Ground Zero, and their windows were blown out. The Toronto office closed for the day, and we in Vancouver had to cover for them.
visaman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:38 AM   #12
danderson400
Forum Regular

i had just started watching a rerun of Little House on the Prairie. it was the episode where the blind school burns down, killing Alice Garvey and her baby. The other TV was on NBC. I had the volume on Little House pretty low while i had NBC on with Matt Lauer and Katie Couric. Then the second plane hit and all hell broke loose. Then Tom Brokaw joined Couric at the anchor desk, and the next thing he said was chilling to this high school kid:"This is war. This is a declaration and an execution of an attack on the United States." then the Pentagon was hit, then that plane crashed in PA. The combination of both the towers and the Pentagon burning , and the blind school burning down on Little House on the Prairie is something i'll always remember for the rest of my life.

Last edited by danderson400; 10-08-2016 at 10:23 AM.
danderson400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:11 PM   #13
shotzette
De Facto Queen of Everything

I was at work IMing with a friend who works from home. All of of sudden, he wrote "Jesus Christ! A plane just flew into the World Trade Center!" I was shocked and immediately thought that it was pilot/electronic error until the second plane crashed.

When the plane hit the Pentagon, all of my coworker's phones began ringing off the hook with friends and loved ones checking on their well-being. There were so many rumors flying around; the CDC in Atlanta was also hit, Leesburg Airport in VA was on fire... I was freaking out because I couldn't get hold of my husband who worked sneezing distance from the Pentagon.

I stayed at work for another hour trying to calm down my clients. Our computers were pretty much unusable due to the heavy traffic. I bailed by noon, went to 7-11 and bought 6 gallons of bottled water and headed home. Fortunately my husband was there supervising the installation of our new siding while watching CNN at top volume.

I couldn't stand to hear or watch the footage of the attack, so I leashed up two of my dogs and went on a 3 mile walk through my way too quiet neighborhood. I remember how empty the sky looked without any jets in it. It was one of the most frightening days of my life. It really changed how most Americans and Europeans looked at the world.

"Awesome" ends in "Me".

Coincidence?

I think not.
shotzette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:15 AM   #14
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

Unhappy 15 Years Later

God bless those who lost their lives.

I was in one of my college classes when I found out. What a terrible tragedy.
Family Ties Forever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 07:55 AM   #15
MrCleveland
Drew Carey from Hell
Forum Veteran

Oh No

Me and my mom were going to see our grandparents, my grandpa had a doctor's appointment. We swapped cars at our other grandpa's and we heard the bad news.

What makes matters worse is now after 15 years of the WORST tragic moment, it's now being forgotten and/or becoming a joke! That's pathetisad!

Lee Hazlewood (1929-2007)
MrCleveland is offline   Reply With Quote