Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-13-2017, 08:57 PM   #151
Regulus

Prior to 2005 Each county in Indiana decided what time zone they would observe, and also if they'd observe DST or not. IF you were lucky when you crossed into a county there'd be a sign letting you know what time zone you were in. It could be 3:00PM in one county and 5:00 PM in the next. In 2004 the entire state decided to be Central Time with DST.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:46 PM   #152
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Cool DYK

... that real bones were used for the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland California?

After the ride was completed in 1967, the Disney imagineers felt that the fake skeletons featured throughout the ride were “just too unconvincing” and contacted UCLA Medical Center's anatomy department for spare body parts.

The real bones were replaced with fake bones as technology advanced throughout the years, but it is said that some real human remains are still there today.

A medical examiner who went on the attraction noted two skulls on a small island right after the second waterfall and a torso in the burning jailhouse had, “extra details on the inside of the skull around the nose and small holes and such,” as evidence that they are real but could not make a final determination without a forensic examination.

He also noted the skull and crossbones in the ornate bedroom above the fake skeleton on the bed was, “darker and more aged than the rest of the skeletons on the ride.
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2017, 01:19 PM   #153
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

DYK...When Robin Williams went to Redwood High School in Larkspur, Calif...he was "The Least Likely to Succeed"...were they ever wrong!

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 03-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #154
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Here's some St. Patrick's Day DYK...

St. Patrick died on March 17th...hence that's the day we celebrate St. Patrick's Day!

St. Patrick was Italian...his parents were part of the Roman elite!

St. Patrick's color was blue! The Irish use green because of the nickname Emerald Isle. And the Irish Protestants should wear orange!
Old 03-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #155
Furienna

Both green and orange are used in the Irish flag though, and now I know why.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #156
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna
Both green and orange are used in the Irish flag though, and now I know why.

Yep...Green is for the Catholics in Ireland and Orange is for the Protestants in Ireland.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:34 AM   #157
Furienna

That reminds me of the flag of India: partly orange for the Hindus, partly green for Muslims and partly white for the rest.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:35 PM   #158
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna
That reminds me of the flag of India: partly orange for the Hindus, partly green for Muslims and partly white for the rest.

Another flag DYK...Nepal is the only national flag in the world to NOT have four sides (quadrilateral)...It's more like a pennant!

Old 03-28-2017, 11:37 PM   #159
MISST3

DYK that after the 911 attacks in the U. S., in one of the more heartwarming acts of goodwill, the Masai people, in a small village of southern Kenya, donated 14 cows to the people of the US.

Kimeli Naiyomah was studying in the US during the September 11 attacks. Upon returning home to his native Kenya, he told his fellow Masai of the horrors that he had witnessed. The Masai decided that they wanted to help the people of the United States by donating as many cows as they could spare. Village elders blessed the cows in a ceremony and then turned them over to William Brancick, the deputy chief of mission of the United States Embassy in Nairobi. Mr. Brancick thanked the Masai, but told them that it would difficult to transport the cattle to the US. He then offered to simply sell the cows on their behalf.

A gift of 14 cows may seem insufficient or strange to a Westerner, but to the Masai it was a fortune and further proof that sometimes the ones who have the least give the most.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:27 AM   #160
D-Dey
Win The War!

Seems understandable, considering that our embassy in their country, and neighboring Tanzania were attacked by the same SOB's three years earlier.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:33 PM   #161
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

There should be a DYK Sitcom Edition. And here's one that can be used...

DYK...Jaleel White originally was going to play Rudy Huxtable on The Cosby Show but Bill Cosby wanted it to be like his real life family which had one son and four daughters, so Rudy was played by Keshia Knight Pulliam.
Old 04-01-2017, 01:47 AM   #162
Edison
Forum Regular

DYK
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #163
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

DYK...most Asian Countries like India, China, and Japan drink hot water rather than cold.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #164
MISST3

DYK that . . . George Washington is the only US president to have ever operated a commercial distillery, and during its heyday, it was the largest distillery in the United States.
Distilling was something of an encore career for Washington. He started making whiskey commercially in 1797, after he’d left the office of the presidency, and was highly successful at it.
Old 04-13-2017, 01:34 PM   #165
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Here's a Did You Know for today...

Maundy Thursday got its meaning from "command" in Latin, it's a reference to Jesus' Love Commandment "Love one another as I have loved you".