Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Goldbergs/Molly links at Sitcoms Online / The Goldbergs/Molly Photo Gallery

The Goldbergs - Two-Disc Set

Buy The Goldbergs - Two-Disc Set on DVD
The Goldbergs - The Ultimate Goldbergs

Buy The Goldbergs - The Ultimate Goldbergs on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > The Goldbergs
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Working Class Sitcoms; Fox Fall 2017 Premiere Dates
Hulu Comedy Freakish Gets New Faces; Hallmark Gets Ready for Christmas in July
It's GLOW Time on Netflix This Friday; Tony Danza Returns to Television
NBC Fall 2017 Premiere Dates; TBS Sets Date for The Guest Book
Cozi TV Launches Black Music Month on Classic TV Series; Crackle Acquires Heroes Franchise
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 19, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Can CMT Afford to Revive Last Man Standing?; NBC Yanks Episode of The Carmichael Show
Fri-Yay: Underrated Sitcoms; Tribune Launches New Talk Show on June 29
The Top Pop of Antenna TV Is...; New DuckTales Series Premieres in August on Disney XD

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season Father Knows Best - Season Five The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season ALF - The Complete DVD Collection The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series

04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
06/13 - The Andy Griffith Show - Return to Mayberry
06/13 - That's My Mama - The Complete Series
06/20 - Workaholics - The Final (Seventh) Season
06/20 - Workaholics - The Complete Series
06/27 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-25-2017, 01:04 PM   #31
Alan Brady's Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever
A new cycle of Girl With Something Extra starts this Friday, I might start recording those too, I'm thinking about it.

They might be getting close to swapping something else in. Looks like this will be about the fifth cycle.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:28 PM   #32
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Brady's Hair
They might be getting close to swapping something else in. Looks like this will be about the fifth cycle.

I think the schedule is going to stay the same at least till the end of May, after that they might change it.

The Mrs. G series is OK, it's interesting and some episodes tell a good story, I watch it but in my opinion it isn't worth recording. The episodes tend to be on the dull side and slow moving.

Another thing I like from Get TV is their block of variety shows on Monday nights. I like the Sonny And Cher Show repeats, and some of the other long unseen variety shows/specials that they air. Last night they showed the Friars Don Rickles roast from 1970, Henny Youngman was funny with some of his jokes.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:30 PM   #33
Alan Brady's Hair

This could be completely wrong, but zap2it schedule for DC is showing the Ghost and Mrs. Muir replacing both Mrs. G. and Peter Loves Mary next week. I'm suspicious because the Baltimore Get TV listing isn't showing the change, but maybe they just haven't updated yet.
Old 05-11-2017, 08:17 PM   #34
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Brady's Hair
This could be completely wrong, but zap2it schedule for DC is showing the Ghost and Mrs. Muir replacing both Mrs. G. and Peter Loves Mary next week. I'm suspicious because the Baltimore Get TV listing isn't showing the change, but maybe they just haven't updated yet.

No I think you're right, those dirty rotten scoundrels at Get TV are changing the schedule because the changes you mentioned are now showing up on the Get TV website too.

Well I guess that will be the end of recording Peter Loves Mary, as it turns out I will have recorded 27 of the 28 episodes they are airing, the only one I'll be missing is the episode titled Movie Star.

At least I'll still be able to record Girl With Something Extra, that show seems to remain on the schedule at least for now. But removing Peter Loves Mary from the schedule at this time really pisses me off. Lousy scumbags at Get TV could have waited till June before changing the schedule.

The main thing that Ghost & Mrs. Muir has going for it is that it's 1960's TV. But overall the show is dull and in my opinion it's not worth recording.

Last edited by retroTVfan4ever : 05-11-2017 at 09:10 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:37 PM   #35
Hazel Anyday
Forum Regular

Get TV also played some of the episodes of Mrs. G that they skipped the first time around. I was glad to fill in a couple gaps there. Speaking of which Peter Loves Mary episode Aptitude Test is scheduled for May 25, I didn't get this episode during the first run, don't know whether Get skipped it then or my recorder just messed up, but I hope to get it on the 25th. Also on the 25th is an episode of Girl With Sumpin' Xtra, "3 For the Road", I didn't get this one either, either because Get skipped it or my recorder messed up.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:04 PM   #36
retroTVfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel Anyday
Peter Loves Mary episode Aptitude Test is scheduled for May 25, I didn't get this episode during the first run, don't know whether Get skipped it then or my recorder just messed up, but I hope to get it on the 25th. Also on the 25th is an episode of Girl With Sumpin' Xtra, "3 For the Road", I didn't get this one either, either because Get skipped it or my recorder messed up.

As of this coming Monday the 15th, Peter Loves Mary is off the schedule so forget about recording it at least for the time being. There might be a chance the show will return at some point in the future, but next week it's being replaced with Ghost & Mrs. Muir. Girl With Something Extra remains on the schedule at least for now.

Thanks to Alan Brady's Hair for the heads up regarding this schedule change.
Old 05-11-2017, 10:51 PM   #37
Alan Brady's Hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroTVfan4ever

The main thing that Ghost & Mrs. Muir has going for it is that it's 1960's TV. But overall the show is dull and in my opinion it's not worth recording.

The theme is the high point.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:07 AM   #38
retroTVfan4ever

I'm still irate with Get TV for changing the schedule in the middle of the month, they could have waited till June to change the schedule. I wonder if maybe they were getting bad comments from people about the Mrs. G. show and Peter Loves Mary to make such an abrupt change in the schedule. The Mrs. G. show I'm not concerned about, but I was recording Peter Loves Mary. At least I already had most of the episodes recorded, I'm only missing one episode from the ones they were showing. That's another thing I'm not happy about, they didn't air all 32 episodes, they skipped 4 of them for whatever reason. Maybe Get TV will put the Mrs. G. show and Peter Loves Mary back on the schedule at a later time, I'll check their website occasionally for any schedule changes.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:10 PM   #39
retroTVfan4ever

It looks like there will be no more Mrs. G. Goes To College airings on Get TV because the show has been removed from Get TV's website, it's no longer on their list of shows. Peter Loves Mary is currently still on the list so hopefully they will air episodes again in the near future.