Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: More Reboots, Including The Jetsons as a Live Action Series?; Living Single Finally Continues on DVD
Fri-Yay: Sitcom Reboots; ABC and CBS Set Fall Preview Specials
USA Network's Suits Gets Spin-Off?; TV Land's Younger Hits Series High...Again
EPIX Series Gets All-Star Cast Including Patrick Dempsey; Connie Britton Is a SMILF
NBC Summer Pilot Review: Marlon - Premieres Wednesday (August 16); Netflix Has the Best Worst Weekend Ever
Antenna TV Adds Prime Stacks for Rest of Summer; GLOW Gets Season 2 on Netflix
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 14, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: How I Met Your Mother Spinoff Still Being Considered; Reboots for King of the Hill and The Munsters?

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July/August)

Father Knows Best - Season Six Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season Alice - The Complete Fifth Season Rhoda - Season Four Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four

06/13 - The Andy Griffith Show - Return to Mayberry
06/13 - That's My Mama - The Complete Series
06/20 - Workaholics - The Final (Seventh) Season
06/20 - Workaholics - The Complete Series
06/27 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Third Season
07/04 - Superstore - Season Two
07/18 - Father Knows Best - Season Six
07/25 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Sixth Season
07/25 - Girls - The Final (Sixth) Season (Blu-ray)
08/01 - Alice - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
08/01 - Crashing - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/15 - Rhoda - Season Four
08/22 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Four
08/29 - Will & Grace - Season One (Universal)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-22-2008, 10:03 PM   #46
DLevine2
DLevine2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
In honor of Estelle, I will be watching Golden Girls on DVD of every season and eating cheesecake in honor of Estelle tonight

I watched some of my DVD's of TGG tonight to honor Estelle. I also watched Entertainment Tonight to see memories of Estelle Getty and she is suppose to be on there again tomorrow night too.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:15 PM   #47
Jhaggardjr
First Time Poster

Default Farewell Estelle

Today (July 22, 2008) is a sad day for all fans of "The Golden Girls" as the show lost one of its own. Estelle Getty stole scene after scene in multiple episodes as the smart-mouthed Sophia. I was truly saddened to hear that she had passed away earlier this morning. I had just watched a couple of episodes last night from the Season 3 DVD of "The Golden Girls" that I own. I started watching this show way back when it first premiered on NBC. The night: Saturday September 14, 1985. I watched every episode from the first one to the last one, and it became my all-time favorite television show. I loved this show so much that I recorded every episode off of our VCR, and now I own all 7 seasons of the show on DVD. Estelle was a big reason why "The Golden Girls" is my #1 TV show. Sophia was one of the funniest characters in TV history. She deservedly won an Emmy and a Golden Globe for her work on the show. But tonight we are mourning her passing after a long battle with dementia.

R.I.P. Estelle. Thanks for all the laughs and the memories. You will sorely be missed.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #48
Kristen

Send a message via ICQ to Kristen Send a message via AIM to Kristen Send a message via MSN to Kristen Send a message via Yahoo to Kristen

RIP Estelle. This is such sad news. I was really surprised when I first heard, but I guess I shouldn't have been. I mean, she's been sick for a few years now. I'm so glad Lifetime is doing a tribute. I hoped they would, but I wasn't really counting on it. It's nice to see I was wrong.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #49
DVDFreaker
Banned!!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhaggardjr
Today (July 22, 2008) is a sad day for all fans of "The Golden Girls" as the show lost one of its own. Estelle Getty stole scene after scene in multiple episodes as the smart-mouthed Sophia. I was truly saddened to hear that she had passed away earlier this morning. I had just watched a couple of episodes last night from the Season 3 DVD of "The Golden Girls" that I own. I started watching this show way back when it first premiered on NBC. The night: Saturday September 14, 1985. I watched every episode from the first one to the last one, and it became my all-time favorite television show. I loved this show so much that I recorded every episode off of our VCR, and now I own all 7 seasons of the show on DVD. Estelle was a big reason why "The Golden Girls" is my #1 TV show. Sophia was one of the funniest characters in TV history. She deservedly won an Emmy and a Golden Globe for her work on the show. But tonight we are mourning her passing after a long battle with dementia.

R.I.P. Estelle. Thanks for all the laughs and the memories. You will sorely be missed.

Good post!
Old 07-22-2008, 11:01 PM   #50
Cali
Frequent Poster
Proud TV-aholic

"Love and Laughter"

Thank you for providing us with both, Estelle.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:17 AM   #51
Sophia's Wrinkles
Forum Regular

Farewell and thank you. :*
Old 07-23-2008, 01:11 AM   #52
ktracy11
First Time Poster

My Mom and me bonded over watching the Golden Girls. I'm so sad to hear about the death of Sophia. Sophia along with the other crazy characters on the show were a big part of my childhoold. I looked forward to watching it with my Mom everyday.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #53
peter may
The SO Limey

Send a message via MSN to peter may

God Bless her, she will be missed. RIP
Old 07-23-2008, 03:08 PM   #54
GGlover16
Occasional Poster

Estelle Getty was truly a rare talent. Her success as Sophia will forever be remembered and could never be matched. I love the Golden Girls and Sophia was definately my favorite....In the words of Rue " She stole the show" The loss of Estelle deeply saddens me, but I am glad she can rest in peace now after years of being ill. Estelle, you will forever be remebered and love. Thanks for all of the "Love and Laughter".
Old 07-23-2008, 03:44 PM   #55
ewoowoo
Frequent Poster

RIP
The smart mouthed TV grandma I never had
Old 07-23-2008, 07:35 PM   #56
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker
In honor of Estelle, I will be watching Golden Girls on DVD of every season and eating cheesecake in honor of Estelle tonight.

That's a very lovely tribute and the way I'm sure Estelle will wish to be remembered...
Old 07-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #57
ZeldaGilroy
Dobie and Zelda Forever!!!

I was so sad to hear this news. She was a wonderful actress and brought a lot of laughter to a lot of people. She will be missed by many. I will be praying for her family during this time of grief.

Rest in Peace Estelle.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:35 AM   #58
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

I heard on Entertanment Tonight that Estella Getty will be Laid to Rest today
Old 07-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #59
DLevine2
DLevine2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio8
Thanks for posting this.

I love those pictures of Sophia. Thanks for posting those. Hope to see more pictures of Estelle/Sophia.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #60
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Celebrity

TV

thanks for shareing The Pictures