Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

I Love Lucy (Sitcoms Online) / I Love Lucy links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / I Love Lucy Photo Gallery

I Love Lucy - The Complete First Season

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete First Season on DVD
I Love Lucy - The Complete Second Season

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete Second Season on DVD
I Love Lucy - The Complete Third Season

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete Third Season on DVD
I Love Lucy - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
I Love Lucy - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
I Love Lucy - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
I Love Lucy - The Complete Seventh-Ninth Seasons (The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour)

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete Seventh-Ninth Seasons on DVD
I Love Lucy - The Complete Series

Buy I Love Lucy - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > I Love Lucy
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

CBS Midseason Pilot Review: Bad Teacher - Premieres Thursday, April 24; Rookie Blue Coming to ION Television in Fall 2014
Bill Cosby to Be Honored with Johnny Carson Award; SNL Celebrates 40th Anniversary in 2015
Sullivan & Son Returns with All-Star Guests; George Lopez Developing Animated Series
Review of Tonight's Devious Maids Premiere; Week 30 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: SNL Looking to 40th Anniversary; New Mill Creek DVD Releases
The CW Summer 2014 Schedule; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 21, 2014)
Episodic Review: Community - "Basic Sandwich" Airing Tonight on NBC; FX Orders 3rd Season of The Americans, Solid Start for Fargo

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)

The Class - The Complete Series Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season Anger Management - Volume Three The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season Newhart - The Complete Third Season

04/01 - The Class - The Complete Series
04/01 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Mary Tyler Moore Episodes
04/01 - I Dream of Jeannie - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - Married with Children - Seasons 3 and 4 (Mill Creek)
04/01 - NewsRadio - Seasons 1 and 2 (Mill Creek)
04/08 - Holliston - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/08 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
04/15 - Anger Management - Volume Three (Blu-ray)
04/15 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fourth Season
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official First and Second Seasons
04/15 - Petticoat Junction - The Official Third Season
04/22 - Newhart - The Complete Third Season
04/29 - Dynasty - The Eighth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #16
LittleRickyII

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy's pop pop
Fact is, Vivian Vance was from August 1911 to May 1912 younger than Lucille Ball, so in the half-hour years of "I Love Lucy" she was supposed to stay overweight and look frumpier than Lucy.

I don't know exactly what this sentence is saying. The actual fact is that Vivian Vance was born in 1909, two years before Lucille Ball in 1911, so how could she have ever been younger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by missy's pop pop
By the time the LDCH started contract negotiations, Vivian was ready to quit the series because she was tired of looking frumpy. You will also notice that, beginning with the hour-long shows, she does look trimmer and more attractive.

Actually, she was already thin and wearing a more attractive hairstyle by the fifth season of I Love Lucy, long before the hour shows began. She was almost getting too thin and attractive because it got a little hard sometimes to believe someone looking like that would be married to Fred Mertz.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:06 PM   #17
lucy&vivfan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdanloveslucy
I draw the line at the SHE LOOKED BETTER THAN LUCY, she looked fine but never better than Lucy, EVER!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I just always thought it was funny how they tried to say she was suppose to look so much older and heavier than Lucy during the ILL years, but she wasn't and didn't.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:20 AM   #18
damon strong
Frequent Poster

If anyone aged rapidly, it was Lucy. She looked awful in the hour long shows.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:11 AM   #19
king of comedy
Forum Regular

Lucy didn't age well.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #20
ohmrwilson
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRickyII

I must say, though, that by today's standards she looks thin, even when she was at her heaviest weight. To illustrate here are several photos. The first two are from the second season. The third is from the third season. The fourth is from the fifth season. And the last two are from the sixth season. Check out that tiny waist in the last three.

You know, people looked older back then
(today 50 looks 30, 70 looks 50)
and you are right, heavy wasn't all that "fat" back then.

(example- Jackie Gleason was round and portrayed as heavy when originally playing Ralph, however, compared to Billy Gadell or Kevin James, Ralph Kramden is downright skinny.
So I just drive on, I just ride" (c) Elizabeth Grant aka Lana Del Rey, & J. Parker.

Hillary Clinton45 / Deval Patrick 2016