Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Classic Dramas/Dramedies > Adam-12
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC Networks; More Info on Apt. 23 on Logo, With 8 Unaired Episodes
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC; Entourage Coming to VH1 Classic
Summer 2014 Week 7 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: HBO Continues to Lead in Emmy Nominations; WKRP and Wonder Years DVD Updates
Blog Book Review - George Burns Television Productions: The Series and Pilots, 1950-1981; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 14, 2014)
The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Hallmark Channel at 2014 TCA Summer Press Tour
Sean Hayes Joining The Millers; Remembering Bob Hastings of McHale's Navy
Hallmark Movie Channel Rebranding to Hallmark Movies & Mysteries; Disney Orders Second Season of Sitcom I Didn't Do It
'60s Batman Now on IFC; Wayans Brothers to Reunite in NJ

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-05-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
twinkle44301
Forum Regular

Default DVD not playing correctly

This is the second Adam 12 DVD I have purchased. I purchased the first season back when it came out, and found that disc two, side one does not work. Also, disc two, side two, the last two shows don't play correctly. The last show won't play at all. The exact same thing is wrong with the second one I purchased.

I also see that another poster is having the same problems. I am not buying another Universal DVD collection again. I love the idea that they are doing this, but when half of what you pay for doesn't work properly, then I do have an issue with Universal.

And silly me...I lost the receipt for the first set. So I just have to eat that, I guess. But I am taking the other one back. It's just such a hassle!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:42 PM   #2
TeeVeeCloset

So sorry to hear about your trouble with the adam 12 set but wanted you to know that it isn't all of them, I checked mine and it plays fine throughout the entire set.........it is a shame that that TV DVD sets seem to be being produced so fast and cheap that these type of problems are becoming all too common.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:28 PM   #3
twinkle44301
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeVeeCloset
So sorry to hear about your trouble with the adam 12 set but wanted you to know that it isn't all of them, I checked mine and it plays fine throughout the entire set.........it is a shame that that TV DVD sets seem to be being produced so fast and cheap that these type of problems are becoming all too common.

Well, that's good to know. I waited a bit before buying another one hoping they'd have the problem fixed. I guess I just got unlucky...twice. I emailed Universal. It will be interesting to see if I hear from them.

I'm glad it's not all of them. I suppose I should open my Leave it to Beaver, and see if it's ok. It may be...that would be nice.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:17 AM   #4
Jeff003
Frequent Poster

It's not just adam 12 it's happening on.Emergency Season 1 is also having problems.I was unlucky enough to have it freeze up on me so I exchanged it.The second one worked fine.I just bought Emergency Season 2 today and haven't had time to check it.As with the others Universal has put it on double sided disc.They did however use slim cases with Emergency Season 2 so they will probebly use those for Adam 12 Season 2 whenever it comes out.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #5
twinkle44301
Forum Regular

I did get a response from Universal. They want me to send them the DVD...tell them the type of player I have (it didn't work on several different ones), and they want to know the chapter and time code where it happens. This can't be new news to them, but I am happy that they are going to replace it. I'm probably going to be out the postage (I need to send it by a traceable method).

They also want a copy of my original receipt purchased within 30 days. The second one I bought fits that fine, but I couldn't find the receipt for the first one. Heck, I hadn't even watched it within 30 days. It was a Christmas gift and got stuffed away with all the other DVD's.

I do appreciate them doing this, but it's obvious that I am not alone with my problems on the DVD. They need to tighten up their quality and quality control. I don't know if I'd buy another Universal release at this time. I almost bought another one at Best Buy, but they told me if I have a problem, they can only give me another one, not a refund.

If they are going to sell a product, then the product should work.