Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Current Dramas/Dramedies > Shades of Blue

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

South Park 8 Day Marathon on Comedy Central; Classic Adult Swim Comedy Returns with Special
NBC Fall Pilot Review: I Feel Bad - Premieres Wednesday (Sept. 19); 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners
Married with Children Now on WGN America; black-ish Enters National Syndication and Free Sneakers Contest
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Orders Script for Designing Women Reboot; James Marsden and Ed Asner Cast in Netflix Series
Fri-Yay: A Look at the Upcoming Sitcom Slate; TV Guide's 1st Annual 100 Best Shows List
Dancing with the Stars Season 27 Cast Has Sitcom Stars; The Young Sheldon STEM Initiative
Critics' Choice Awards Set for January on The CW; IFC Sets New Episodes for Documentary Now!

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/15 - A.P. Bio - Season One
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
08/28 - Man Seeking Woman - The Complete Third Season
09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-08-2015, 06:42 PM   #1
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

TV NBC Cancels "Shades of Blue"

Jennifer Lopez and Ray Liotta star in the new drama premiering Jan. 7th on NBC.

Lopez plays Harlee Santos, an FBI agent (and single mom) assigned to an anti-corruption task force.

Last edited by JamesG; 04-04-2018 at 01:48 PM.
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:54 PM   #2
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

I forgot this premiered last week and I'm gonna try to remember to watch it tomorrow. I love Jennifer Lopez and Ray Liotta. Cleveland Cavs and San Antonio Spurs game will be on when it comes on but the game will almost be over because it comes on at 8pm. I'm gonna get off work early tomorrow at 9:30pm so i can watch Shades Of Blue. I usually get off at 10pm but I'm gonna ask my boss if i can get off early.
isiahthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:49 AM   #3
HarryWild
Forum Regular

I hate this show! Lopez is a police detective that is blackmailed by the FBI to become an informant to get Lopez's boss, Ray Liotta! Watch the first episode and that was the end of it for me!
HarryWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:56 PM   #4
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Shades of Blue" Renewed for Season 2
by Michael Ausiello
February 5, 2016

Well, J.Lo and behold — "Shades of Blue" just landed itself a renewal.

NBC has picked up Jennifer Lopez’s rookie cop drama for a second season.

We want to thank Jennifer, who is the hardest working woman we know, for her incredible efforts as both the star and producer of this show, as well as well as our other amazing producers and cast for all their tireless work in creating one of the most compelling dramas on television today,” said NBC’s entertainment president Jennifer Salke in a statement.

We’re so excited to find out where this story will lead and have them raise the stakes even higher in what we know will be a fantastic second season.

"Shades of Blue‘s" most recent episode drew 5.6 million viewers and a 1.1 rating, down sharply from its strong premiere numbers last month (8.6 million/1.8).

NBC notes, however, that the series has improved on the 10 o’clock hour’s pre-Shades, non-sports, non-specials average by 38 percent.

http://tvline.com/2016/02/05/shades-...son-2-nbc-jlo/
Old 03-18-2017, 12:03 AM   #5
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

NBC Renews Jennifer Lopez's "Shades of Blue" for Season 3
by Kaitlin Thomas
March 17, 2017

NBC loves employing Jennifer Lopez as much as you love watching Jennifer Lopez. The network has picked up her gritty cop drama "Shades of Blue" for a third season, it was announced Friday.

The series stars Lopez as Harlee Santos, a single mother and dirty cop working for Ray Liotta's Lt. Wozniak, who is equally willing to step outside the law to do what needs to be done to protect and serve. According to NBC, the series is averaging 5 million viewers in Live+Same Day ratings in its second season, which currently airs Sundays at 10/9c.

"We're so hugely appreciative of everything Jennifer and Ray do, and know it is due to their dedication, as well as the hard work of our incredible cast and producers, that Shades of Blue has so clearly and compellingly earned a third-season renewal," said NBC Entertainment president Jennifer Salke in a statement.

"This show continues to mine powerful stories that always leave us hungry for more."

http://www.tvguide.com/news/shades-o...-season-3-nbc/
Old 04-04-2018, 01:51 PM   #6
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Shades of Blue" To End after Season 3
by Erik Pedersen
April 4, 2018

NBC said today that its Jennifer Lopez-Ray Liotta police drama "Shades of Blue" will turn in its badge after the upcoming third season. The series’ final run will begin at 10 PM Sunday, June 17.

I have enjoyed producing and starring in this beautifully complicated world and playing such an empowering yet flawed character – a woman, a detective but, first and foremost, a mother,” Lopez said in a statement. “Now looking at it with a little distance, playing Harlee strengthened me and helped me grow into a more self-assured woman.

NBC said the Season 3 storyline “brings Lopez’s complex character to a fitting resolution.

http://deadline.com/2018/04/shades-o...ta-1202358318/
Old 08-18-2018, 08:20 PM   #7
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Jennifer Lopez calls the end of Shades of Blue "bittersweet"
“Something happens with certain characters you play," Lopez says of her NBC character, who says goodbye on Sunday. "They kind of just permeate into your feelings, your fiber, and your soul, and I felt like I got to explore a different side of myself with Harlee: A tougher side, a more forgiving side, and a more tortured side that I have never really tapped into."
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote