Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > TV Series on DVD News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

The Goldbergs Coming to TV Land; grown-ish Returns in January on Freeform
South Park 8 Day Marathon on Comedy Central; Classic Adult Swim Comedy Returns with Special
NBC Fall Pilot Review: I Feel Bad - Premieres Wednesday (Sept. 19); 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners
Married with Children Now on WGN America; black-ish Enters National Syndication and Free Sneakers Contest
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Orders Script for Designing Women Reboot; James Marsden and Ed Asner Cast in Netflix Series
Fri-Yay: A Look at the Upcoming Sitcom Slate; TV Guide's 1st Annual 100 Best Shows List
Dancing with the Stars Season 27 Cast Has Sitcom Stars; The Young Sheldon STEM Initiative

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/15 - A.P. Bio - Season One
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
08/28 - Man Seeking Woman - The Complete Third Season
09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-25-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
tlc38tlc38
Knock! Knock!
Forum Veteran

Default What TV shows on DVD do you want re-released?

For whatever reasons, what TV shows would you like to see re-released on DVD?

ALF: Unedited episodes with a "play all" feature.

Happy Days: Unedited episodes.
Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 02:28 PM   #2
gidgetgrape
Forever Gidget

Homicide: Life on the Street - I didn't see it until most of the seasons went out of print and became too expensive.
gidgetgrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 02:32 PM   #3
Svenfan1234
Carole King = Queen of Music

Remington Steele: Re-release with single sided discs.

The Addams Family: Same with this one.

Dragnet: Season 1 re-release with single sided discs.

Essentially ANY DVD release with double-sided discs.

Family: I wish Seasons 1 & 2 would be re-released by Mill Creek.
And take your soul if you let them,
Oh, but don't you let them

Carole King, You've Got a Friend

Last edited by Svenfan1234; 12-25-2016 at 05:36 PM.
Svenfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #4
bmasters9

St. Elsewhere: first-season single-sided redo.
"CBS Sports presents...The Prudential College Football Report, sponsored by The Prudential, offering a full range of insurance and other financial services. The Prudential: the Rock...it's strong, it's on the move, it's bigger than life."

(Don Robertson's spiel for The Prudential College Football Report in the 1986 season; modified from what it was in 1985)
bmasters9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 04:32 PM   #5
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

The Odd Couple - This time uncut, with all original music restored.

Taxi - Seasons Four and Five, uncut, with all original music restored.

Happy Days - All seasons uncut, with all original music restored.

ALF - All episodes uncut, with all original music restored.

Family Matters - Season 1 with the Steve Urkel cold open removed from the "Rachel's First Date" episode.

Soap - Season 1 with all uncut episodes.

Reno 911! - Seasons 2-6 censored. I have no problem with foul language but this show is a mockumentary and I feel it's more appropriate to have the bleeps in there when someone cusses.

I would have said Quantum Leap but Mill Creek is planning a complete series release in February, with "vast majority of original music intact."
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2016, 06:11 PM   #6
Ellayn O'Kosh
Frequent Poster

Crazy Re-Release...

Broadside, a c.1964 McHale's Navy (McHN) spinoff, need all 32 (?) episodes, and is in DESPERATE Need of remastering, digital enhancement, and probably everything restoration. My Fair Lady was restored to glorious from ruined film, so the task can be done. This charming series of WAVES as South Pacific vehicle mechanics near the end of WWII, need to be able to see what is to be seen during night scenes. The series' season was done in Black and White (grey scale or 8-bit), but the night scenes look like they were done in Black OR White (1 bit).

The day scenes are fuzzy. I have all the McHN DVDs, and they are clear as can be.

As to Close Captioning: How about having the caption somewhere near what was said as filmed!!! I have the Kate Beckinsale Emma (c.1995?), and that CC is used food.

I have never used the "Play all" feature of season's episodes. "Playing" all at my age, require a power greater than my delusions.
Ellayn O'Kosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #7
Dale Key
Forum Regular

The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show complete series. OOP and overpriced.
Will & Grace uncut with West Coast airings of live shows as bonus features.
Seinfeld on blu ray, the most successful home video releases of a tv show ever, what's the hold up?
Cheers, with restored music in the later seasons (Monster Mash and You've Lost That Loving Feeling), why not blu since it's available digitally in HD?
Soap, completely uncut with the 3 pre-season specials included as episodes.
Dale Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 11:39 AM   #8
Svenfan1234
Carole King = Queen of Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmasters9
St. Elsewhere: first-season single-sided redo.
Yes! And how about the remaining seasons too? Fox has been sitting way too long on this!
Svenfan1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 12:03 PM   #9
bmasters9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svenfan1234
Remington Steele: Re-release with single sided discs.
Indeed! Releases of eight singles for each of the first three seasons' worth (1982-85) (or 10, in the case of the fourth-and-fifth-season combo [1985-87]) would be a sweet improvement over all the doubles.
bmasters9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:23 PM   #10
Flying Dutchman

The Love Boat all seasons. I have 2 and 3, need to buy 1, but I want to see them all on DVD. Who's The Boss? I want to see them all on DVD, not just seasons 1.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:08 PM   #11
Dr. Loveless
Frequent Poster

Dragnet: Season 1 - released on single-sided discs
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Season 1 - ditto
The Outer Limits (original) - remastered and released on Blu-ray
The Avengers (the black & white 'Emma Peel' season) - ditto
M Squad - remastered from studio vault elements
Dr. Loveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:25 AM   #12
HarryWild
Forum Regular

Banachek tv show starting George Peppard! Each season now is around $230 or a two season complete series around the $500.

Bachelor Father TV show starring John Forsythe - never been released on DVD!
HarryWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:22 PM   #13
Adamantium
TVAdam No More

I'm adding a more thought out list of my top ten choices.

Top 10 Series on DVD I Want FIXED

1. The Odd Couple - All five seasons of the ‘70s classic starring Jack Klugman and Tony Randall have been released to disc. However, only the first season is unedited. As the seasons go on, more and more musical edits occur in a complete butchering of this wonderful sitcom. I still own the DVDs, but rarely ever watch them because of this.

2. Rhoda - The fifth (and final) season is finally getting a release this August. However, I can’t forget about some mistakes made in previous releases. The entire first season is filled with syndicated prints. As for music edits, I’m not sure about all the episodes, but I know the finale of the fourth season has a horrible cut in the last scene of the episode, which was shabbily done. I don’t want anything edited out, but if you must, at least let it be smooth.

3. ALF - All four seasons of this ‘80s sitcom have been released by Lionsgate in the past (a release is coming up but is rumored to have all the same errors as the previous releases). So what exactly is wrong with the DVDS? All of the episodes are the syndicated versions and on top of that, music is also cut out. Not the theme song, but whenever a character sings a song, it’s been removed. For example, that classic scene of Willie singing Elton John’s “Saturday Night’s Alright (for Fighting)” is absent, as is the time ALF is singing “City of New Orleans” (Good morning, America, how are you?). At least I believe that’s the song he sang… but it doesn’t matter. It’s not there.

4. Taxi - While all five seasons have been released on DVD, the last two seasons have a few musical edits. For example in the episode “Vienna Waits”, the song “Vienna” (which is played throughout the entire episode) has been replaced. In the episode “Elegant Iggy,” some of his piano playing and singing is cut. As well as in the episode “Jim’s Mario’s.” Plus a couple more episodes.

5. Happy Days - Only the first six out of eleven seasons have been released. So, first off I want Paramount to finish this series. However, they need to fix errors that were made in previous sets. While the first season is uncut/unaltered, the second season is BUTCHERED. The third season is a little bit better but musical cuts were still made throughout the remaining seasons. The second season also lost its opening credits, which was originally Bill Haley’s “Rock Around the Clock”, which has been replaced by the “Happy Days Theme,” a song that originally debuts as the opening with season three.

6. Family Matters - All nine seasons have finally been released. For the most part, they’re good releases, too. However a couple of syndicated prints have made their way into the sets. But the biggest issue for me, is that the fourth episode has one of those Urkel cold opens from before Urkel joined the show. Luckily, WB took out the other three (which were made up for syndication), but they left this one in. I HATE this. I want Urkel to enter the series when he originally did. This is a mistake that really bugs me.

7. Car 54, Where Are You? - Both seasons have been released, however, the first seasons’ episodes are not in broadcast order. They’re not even in production order. They are in some made up fan favorites order. I want the episodes in broadcast order! Yes, it’s great to own the show at all, but if they ever re-release this season in the proper order, I will buy it.

8. Bosom Buddies - Both seasons have been released but without the classic theme song “My Life.” Also, I heard “Yakety Yak” was removed from one of the episodes. What’s so bad about that one is that it was being sung by cast members, not just as a song being played in the background or something.

9. Saved by the Bell - It appears that some syndicated prints have made their way into the sets. Some of the episodes from the first season have the original first season theme song, and others have the one we’re used to seeing from maybe season three, that’s used for all the previous seasons in reruns. Three of the four incarnations are on DVD (the only one that isn’t is the series that started it all Good Morning, Miss Bliss). Release Miss Bliss!

10. Cheers - All eleven seasons are available on DVD and for the most part, it’s all good. However, there are a couple of music edits that I would love to get fixed. Paramount excluded “I Fought the Law (And the Law Won),” “The Monster Mash” and for some reason only once did they replace the song “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin’.” All of those had to do with a joke in their respective episode, which is now ruined. Not the biggest of deals, which is why it’s number 10 on my list and not higher up.

Quantum Leap and Married…with Children would have been on this list, but thankfully Mill Creek has re-released them with most of their music intact (and for MWC, the theme song is there, which it wasn’t for seasons 3-11 of the Sony releases).
Adamantium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:04 AM   #14
Dale Key
Forum Regular

Will & Grace should get an uncut blu release from Mill Creek. Cash in on the revival!

Still want my widescreen hd Seinfeld blu like the versions on Hulu. Just like The Simpsons they probably think streaming revenue is more profitable than blu, even though Seinfeld is the most successful home video release of tv ever.

Alf is 97% uncut with all the music on the German releases afaik.
Dale Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:14 AM   #15
thebigcookie

Hazel Season 1
Charles in Charge Seasons 3-5
thebigcookie is offline   Reply With Quote