Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Louie (and Other Projects with Louis C.K.) Cancelled; CBS Colorizing More Dick Van Dyke Episodes; More Diff'rent Strokes DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-25-2015, 07:06 PM   #1
Wildchats
Forum Regular
Me

Default What would be your way to end The Golden Girls?

Instead of Dorthy marrying Lucas, how would you have ended the show?

I think Miles should have been involved in the series finale in some way. He and Rose were still together, then they broke them up on The Golden Palace. I think Rose marrying Miles would have been a good way to end the series. I also think something bad could have happened to Stan, say a heart attack or a cancer scare or something, and he and Dorothy could have gotten closer in the end and they would have ended up together again. Sophia would have been sent to a good nursing home in the end, not Shady Pines. Blanche would have had the house to herself in the end.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:26 PM   #2
Steve_uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildchats
Instead of Dorthy marrying Lucas, how would you have ended the show?

I think Miles should have been involved in the series finale in some way. He and Rose were still together, then they broke them up on The Golden Palace. I think Rose marrying Miles would have been a good way to end the series. I also think something bad could have happened to Stan, say a heart attack or a cancer scare or something, and he and Dorothy could have gotten closer in the end and they would have ended up together again. Sophia would have been sent to a good nursing home in the end, not Shady Pines. Blanche would have had the house to herself in the end.
Didn't they try that storyline with Stan and Dorothy getting closer in one episode,but he ended up cheating on her again? I agree about Rose and Miles,but the producers evidently wanted more mileage out of the characters for The Golden Palace. As for Sophia,I think it might have been perceived by some viewers as Dorothy dumping her mother in a home and detracted from the goodwill surrounding her wedding.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:38 AM   #3
myowndrownedworld
Frequent Poster

I would of had it revolved around the girls losing the house.

Blanche would of move back to the south
Rose would of married Miles
Dorothy would reconcile with Stan, and convince Stan to allow Sophia to move in with them.

The last shot would be of the girls in the empty house, giving each other one last hug, but promising to meet up soon over some coffee and cheesecake.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:12 PM   #4
JR1
Forum Regular

In the sixth season, Stan wanted a prenuptial agreement for his wedding to Dorothy, so that's what split them up- again.

Blanche having the house to herself, IMO, would not have been a great ending, as it would have been sad to see her alone.
Old 05-07-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
tvfan25
Forum Regular

People have said that it would have been sad to see Blanche alone. It would have been sad without the other girls, but I don't think Blanche would've been alone too long. She would have "company" over every night!!
Old 05-20-2015, 02:51 PM   #6
schmave
Frequent Poster

Haven't seen a thread on this, but what does everyone think became of the girls after the end of Golden Palace?
We know Sophia went on a few years with Empty Nest. But personally, I never saw those episodes so I don't know how many if any mentions were made of Blanche, Dorothy or Rose. Heck, I barely saw any episodes of Golden Palace, and those I saw were many years ago.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:40 AM   #7
Wildchats
Forum Regular
Me

I read that Sophia moved back into Shady Pines, which is why she was on Empty Nest in the (final season) end of that series. I think it was explained that the girls sold the hotel and Sophia moved back to the neighborhood and to Shady Pines, which was run a better way than it previously had been in the mid 1980s.

www.MarkSinacori.com
Check out my website!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3254521/?nmdp=1&
Check out my IMDB page!

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTSinacori
My public facebook! Please like it!

https://www.facebook.com/MarkTSinacori
My twitter page! Please follow me!
Old 08-26-2017, 10:33 PM   #8
Wildchats
Forum Regular
Me

By now, in fictional Golden Girls world, we can all assume that they have all passed on.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:26 AM   #9
DJM77

Send a message via ICQ to DJM77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildchats
By now, in fictional Golden Girls world, we can all assume that they have all passed on.

I would guess Rose to still be alive since Betty White is. Maybe Rose is residing in Shady Pines these days.
Old 08-27-2017, 10:00 AM   #10
Alan Brady's Hair

Something similar to "Little House on the Prairie."
Old 08-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #11
PracTz
Forum Regular

Have Miles die and the four Girls mourn him but then sit around the kitchen table one last time over cheesecake before heading off to sleep. That way, we could imagine them all living there together as long as they lived which is how it SHOULD have been.
Old 08-27-2017, 01:56 PM   #12
bandonurse
Forum Regular

"Have Miles die and the four Girls mourn him"

Oh, noooooo !!!!! No Miles dying!

Since it's all fictional anyway, I wouldn't feel the need to "wrap things up" in the first place. No one would get married, leave, or die. Rose would definitely still be with Miles, and Dorothy definitely would NOT get back together with Stanley. How many chances should the yutz get, anyway?

I would simply have them remain happily together in Blanche's house indefinitely. It would be a nice "warm and fuzzy" way to end the show. Besides.......... if nobody got married and moved out, we would have been spared that hideous wedding dress they made Dorothy wear.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:46 AM   #13
'80sSitcoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandonurse
Besides.......... if nobody got married and moved out, we would have been spared that hideous wedding dress they made Dorothy wear.

YES---with those horrible toilet paper rolls painted white and sewn on! lol
Old 09-08-2017, 12:38 AM   #14
MikeL
Mike Lutton Dvd Legond!

all been a dream Dorothy wakes up in bed with walter as maude findley lol
Old 09-08-2017, 05:04 PM   #15
Steve_uk

How about the house being flattened by Hurricane Irma and Betty White informing the audience they had all decided to relocate to St. Olaf..