Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: The Conners Renewed for a Second Season; (Almost) Everything Brady Related Coming to a DVD Box Set
Fri-Yay: Original Comedies at Netflix; ABC Announces April Finales, Including TGIF
Antenna TV's Gimme a Break! Spring Break Marathon; Netflix Gets Mindy Kaling Comedy Series
COZI TV Celebrates April Fools with Pranks; HBO Comedy Gets 4th Season
Sabrina Returns April 5 on Netflix; Remembering Character Actor Richard Erdman of Community
Antenna TV Coming to Ft. Myers, Makes Minor Spring Change; NBC Brings the Funny This Summer
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of March 18, 2019)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February/March)

Step by Step - The Complete Fourth Season What I Like About You - The Complete Fourth Season Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Second Season Alice - The Complete Ninth Season The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Fifth Season

01/08 - Family Guy - 20 Greatest Hits
01/22 - Fuller House - The Complete Third Season
01/22 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Fourth Season (WBShop.com)
01/29 - Ballers - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
01/29 - Crashing - The Complete Second Season
01/29 - The Game - The Complete Series
01/29 - Kidding - Season One
02/05 - Family Guy - Part 1 - Volumes 1-5
02/05 - Family Guy - Part 2 - Volumes 6-10
02/05 - Family Guy - Part 3 - Seasons 10-14
02/05 - First Lady of Television - Betty White Collection (40 rare and acclaimed episodes from her early days in television)
02/05 - Mama's Family - Seasons 1-6 - The Complete Series
02/12 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-3 (Blu-ray)
02/12 - Step by Step - The Complete Fourth Season
02/26 - What I Like About You - The Complete Fourth Season
03/05 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Second Season (WBShop.com)
03/12 - Alice - The Complete Ninth Season (WBShop.com)
03/26 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2017, 02:22 PM   #61
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 61,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Rock Chic
I hope everything goes well with your doctor appointment. I have high blood pressure as well and take medicine for my mild hypertension.
Thanks Tara. I knew something was wrong most of last year. Went on a diet and everything. Finally had it confirmed a little over a week ago. I hate going to doctors. I've only been to one once a little over a decade ago for the pain in my arm. That was the only time since Junior High when I seemed to be there all the time.
__________________
Sonny
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:22 PM   #62
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 61,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault
My mom has high blood pressure also.
I'm sorry to hear that. It's a pain.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #63
musicismylife3
Happy Spring 2019
Senior Member
 
musicismylife3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 27, 2006
Posts: 4,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Television
Thanks Tara. I knew something was wrong most of last year. Went on a diet and everything. Finally had it confirmed a little over a week ago. I hate going to doctors. I've only been to one once a little over a decade ago for the pain in my arm. That was the only time since Junior High when I seemed to be there all the time.

I hear ya. I hate going to the doctor myself, but I have to go twice a year due to having high blood pressure (they test to see if everything, including my heart, is okay).

I was diagnosed fairly young and I was in amazing shape at the time (thin, physically active, etc) Been taking meds for nearly a decade now, but as I mentioned in a prior post, my high blood pressure is probably due to genetics since everyone in my family has the mild to moderate hypertension.
musicismylife3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:07 PM   #64
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Moderator
Forum Legend
 
robyrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 03, 2003
Location: hiding under the third booth at Arnold's
Posts: 55,238
Default

man, I have had the theme song for "I Dream Of Jeanie" stuck in my head for two days - and its really frustrating because I don't know any of the words!
robyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:31 PM   #65
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity
 
Bonniegirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 10, 2014
Posts: 38,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Television
Thanks Tara. I knew something was wrong most of last year. Went on a diet and everything. Finally had it confirmed a little over a week ago. I hate going to doctors. I've only been to one once a little over a decade ago for the pain in my arm. That was the only time since Junior High when I seemed to be there all the time.
Same with me. I really don't like to go to the Doctors at all!!! I was diagnosed with high blood pressure about 5 years ago, and I'm on medication for it. A tiny bit of side affects at first, but that subsided and now I been on the Amlodipine for years and my blood pressure is way down and I feel pretty good.

You will be fine, it's just initially going to the doctor and getting on the meds and stuff but after a little while everything will be good, and you will have peace of mind that your blood pressure is down !!

Good luck , I'm sure all will go well!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 04:30 PM   #66
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 61,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
Same with me. I really don't like to go to the Doctors at all!!! I was diagnosed with high blood pressure about 5 years ago, and I'm on medication for it. A tiny bit of side affects at first, but that subsided and now I been on the Amlodipine for years and my blood pressure is way down and I feel pretty good.

You will be fine, it's just initially going to the doctor and getting on the meds and stuff but after a little while everything will be good, and you will have peace of mind that your blood pressure is down !!

Good luck , I'm sure all will go well!
Thanks Bonnie.

I had my appointment today but still nothing. I have to have blood work first since I haven't been to a doctor in so long. Have another appointment in 2 weeks to see if I need meds or not. Blood Pressure was still way high although not as high as last time. They have to check my knee out too. I have water in it. I 'm having an X-ray on it Thursday. Talking about an operation on it. Give me a break. It sucks to get old. hno:
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:00 PM   #67
musicismylife3
Happy Spring 2019
Senior Member
 
musicismylife3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 27, 2006
Posts: 4,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Television
Thanks Bonnie.

I had my appointment today but still nothing. I have to have blood work first since I haven't been to a doctor in so long. Have another appointment in 2 weeks to see if I need meds or not. Blood Pressure was still way high although not as high as last time. They have to check my knee out too. I have water in it. I 'm having an X-ray on it Thursday. Talking about an operation on it. Give me a break. It sucks to get old. hno:

Sonny, I am very sorry about your knee. And yes, it does suck to get old.
I just came back from having blood work done. The procedure only took ten minutes and was pretty much painless, but thanks to the medication I take I have to have my blood drawn twice a year. Which is not something I look forward to.
musicismylife3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:03 PM   #68
Torgo
Art By Me
Forum Veteran
 
Torgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 06, 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,873
Default

Since this is the complaint department, I second and third it sucking to get old.
__________________
"I'm going to go do something productive. I'm gonna go watch television." - Ray Peterson, The 'burbs

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 05:53 PM   #69
AB
Supernatural - Dean
Forum Celebrity
 
AB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 26, 2006
Location: The South
Posts: 42,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Television
Thanks Bonnie.

I had my appointment today but still nothing. I have to have blood work first since I haven't been to a doctor in so long. Have another appointment in 2 weeks to see if I need meds or not. Blood Pressure was still way high although not as high as last time. They have to check my knee out too. I have water in it. I 'm having an X-ray on it Thursday. Talking about an operation on it. Give me a break. It sucks to get old. hno:
Hope everything works out. Maybe they can give you medication or shots for your knee and you won't have to have the operation. The high blood pressure might respond to a low salt diet. My aunt started using that NoSalt and she began walking a few miles a week and her high blood pressure went down quite a bit. It's worth a try.
Attached Images
 
AB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:41 PM   #70
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 61,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB
Hope everything works out. Maybe they can give you medication or shots for your knee and you won't have to have the operation. The high blood pressure might respond to a low salt diet. My aunt started using that NoSalt and she began walking a few miles a week and her high blood pressure went down quite a bit. It's worth a try.
Thanks Ann. I've been thinking about that. I've been looking around the web for a salt substitute because I'm sure they're going to put me on a low sodium diet or something. I love salt. lol I have 2 weeks until my next appointment. Maybe if I cut out salt and start walking again it will go down some more. One of the reasons he wanted to wait was because he wanted to make sure it was a regular occurrence. I think it is because I hadn't felt all that great through much of last year. Just afraid of doctors. I've lost too many family members with them.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 06:47 PM   #71
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 61,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Rock Chic
Sonny, I am very sorry about your knee. And yes, it does suck to get old.
I just came back from having blood work done. The procedure only took ten minutes and was pretty much painless, but thanks to the medication I take I have to have my blood drawn twice a year. Which is not something I look forward to.
Thanks Tara. I had blood work around 2004 or 2005 which was the last time I saw a doctor. It was so long ago I can't remember. I know in 2004 I saw a doctor for my arm and I saw him again a year later for my foot which was numb. I had blood work then. Not a pleasant experience.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 09:03 AM   #72
Dude111
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 05, 2013
Posts: 5,640
Default

I hope your ok now buddy!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:15 PM   #73
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 61,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111
I hope your ok now buddy!!
Thanks Dude.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 06:13 PM   #74
Retro4Life
Accept No Substitutes
Senior Member
 
Retro4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 04, 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 6,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Television
Thanks Tara. I knew something was wrong most of last year. Went on a diet and everything. Finally had it confirmed a little over a week ago. I hate going to doctors. I've only been to one once a little over a decade ago for the pain in my arm. That was the only time since Junior High when I seemed to be there all the time.
Sorry to hear about this, Sonny, and sorry I'm seeing it late.

You can definitely beat HBP; I don't know all of your risk factors, but lots of people have it under control, and I'm sure you will, too.

(Psst, at our age regular checkups are kind of a good idea! That's when stuff starts to fall apart!)
__________________
Alex Reiger :[Trying to convince Louie not to antagonize Bobby] "It's not hard to make people feel bad about their lives. What's hard is making people feel good about their lives."
Retro4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 07:49 PM   #75
Mr. Television
15 Years at Sitcoms Online
Forum Legend
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 61,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro4Life
Sorry to hear about this, Sonny, and sorry I'm seeing it late.

You can definitely beat HBP; I don't know all of your risk factors, but lots of people have it under control, and I'm sure you will, too.

(Psst, at our age regular checkups are kind of a good idea! That's when stuff starts to fall apart!)
Thanks Michael. I don't know. My Grandfather and Uncle both had heart attacks and died in their 50's. I don't know if that means anything. That always has me thinking. I had my bloodwork today. Blaaaa. lol I have to have my knee X-rayed tomorrow. Yea I think I'm falling apart. I know what you mean though. I take after my Mom. She hated doctors and unfortunately she needed to go see one.
Mr. Television is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:44 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.