Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Lifetime Brings in the Stars for Winter Movies; Celebs Line Up for CBS All Access' Twilight Zone
HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover
Fri-Yay: The Disappearing Art of the Holiday Episode; The Simpsons Turns 30 Years Old with Specials on Fox and FXX
Loudermilk Returns for Season 3 on Audience Network; Syfy's 23rd Annual Twilight Zone New Year's Eve Marathon
The Good Place Gets 4th Season; Nick's Henry Danger Turns 100


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #241
justins5256
Member
Senior Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,758
Default

I see a lot of hate for John DeSanto, the prosecutor on the Larry Race segment. For what it's worth, I didn't find the comment in question too arrogant. I think DeSanto was confident that he did the right thing and got the correct verdict. Other comments he made on the case in the media, even after Race was paroled, affirmed this. If anything, I thought DeSanto's comment was kinda funny/cool. Almost like it's waste of time devoting a story to Race because it's so obvious Race was guilty.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #242
wiseguy182
Member
Senior Member
 
wiseguy182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11, 2006
Location: Wendy's salad bar
Posts: 6,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
I see a lot of hate for John DeSanto, the prosecutor on the Larry Race segment. For what it's worth, I didn't find the comment in question too arrogant. I think DeSanto was confident that he did the right thing and got the correct verdict. Other comments he made on the case in the media, even after Race was paroled, affirmed this. If anything, I thought DeSanto's comment was kinda funny/cool. Almost like it's waste of time devoting a story to Race because it's so obvious Race was guilty.
I don't know, I found it to be a bit of a swipe at the UM staff. Plus, I can understand why he would say that he was confident that Race was guilty, but his statement suggested that nobody should ever have any doubts about Race's guilt ever, I think that was going a bit far IMO.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #243
RobinW
Member
Senior Member
 
RobinW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2010
Posts: 1,828
Default

This is certainly a minor one, compared to some of the other scumbags mentioned in this thread, but ever since I was a kid, I couldn't stand that lab technician who examines the skull in the Glen/Bessie Hyde segment. He comes across very arrogantly, and practically implies that anyone who actually believed that skull belonged to Glen Hyde is a moron.
RobinW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:03 AM   #244
justins5256
Member
Senior Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
I don't know, I found it to be a bit of a swipe at the UM staff. Plus, I can understand why he would say that he was confident that Race was guilty, but his statement suggested that nobody should ever have any doubts about Race's guilt ever, I think that was going a bit far IMO.
I understand what you're saying. Personally, I never took DeSanto's comment as a jab at UM. Saying that the case isn't appropriate for UM just reinforces his point that it's not a mystery because Race is guilty. I would wager that the UM crew didn't take offense either since the comment was left intact on the segment.

Technically, DeSanto is correct. It's not a mystery. Larry Race was convicted of murder so the case is solved as far as the law and criminal justice system are concerned. The only people who it's a mystery to are Larry Race and his supporters.

I suppose the whole issue is somewhat subjective, but, like I said, I never took offense to DeSanto's comments.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #245
justins5256
Member
Senior Member
 
justins5256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 08, 2002
Posts: 3,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
This is certainly a minor one, compared to some of the other scumbags mentioned in this thread, but ever since I was a kid, I couldn't stand that lab technician who examines the skull in the Glen/Bessie Hyde segment. He comes across very arrogantly, and practically implies that anyone who actually believed that skull belonged to Glen Hyde is a moron.
I always thought the editor had a bit of a sense of humor because of the way this was pieced together.

"The bones submitted are not the bones of Glen Hyde" ::Long Pause:: "Period" ::Semi-Long Pause:: "End of story".

Robert Stack: "But the story does not end there..."
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #246
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
Personally, I never took DeSanto's comment as a jab at UM. Saying that the case isn't appropriate for UM just reinforces his point that it's not a mystery because Race is guilty. I would wager that the UM crew didn't take offense either since the comment was left intact on the segment.

Technically, DeSanto is correct. It's not a mystery. Larry Race was convicted of murder so the case is solved as far as the law and criminal justice system are concerned. The only people who it's a mystery to are Larry Race and his supporters.

I suppose the whole issue is somewhat subjective, but, like I said, I never took offense to DeSanto's comments.
I agree. I never thought DeSanto was being arrogant, I took it as more of a confident statement that Race was guilty and convicted, therefore there is no mystery.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:34 AM   #247
TheCafeDisco
Member
Frequent Poster
 
TheCafeDisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 06, 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 130
Default

Forgive me if someone mentioned him already, Joe Nickell on the spontaneous human combustion segment. He is just a jerk about anything he can't explain. I don't know if i believe in sponateous human combustion or not but I am not going to dismiss it. Joe Nickell is just one of those skeptics that will flat out say that they don't know what happened but then give their opinion as if it's a fact. Yeah, maybe these people accidently set themselves on fire but dont be a jerk about it mustache man!
TheCafeDisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:53 AM   #248
amandab1234
Member
Forum Regular
 
amandab1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17, 2011
Posts: 544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy
Here are my picks, off the top of my head of course:

Jenny Pratt's mom

Judge Robert Corlew (he wasn't interviewed though, was he?)

Paul Pollis

Oh yeah, who is this Cindy Anderson's dad who is highly disliked? I don't remember the case!

OLD post but Im gna bump it! I also disliked Jenny Prat's mom. To me, it's like she wanted Jenny and everyone else to know taking care of her was a burden.
amandab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:25 AM   #249
DemonicDwarf
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 18, 2012
Posts: 23
Default

Crystal Spencers boyfriend. I've just watched the case again and I find it incredibly irritating that he keeps referring to her with her full name. Not 'I think Crystal ...' it's 'I think Crystal Spencer was ...' which seems very formal for someone who was supposed to be in a relationship with her.
And don't get me started on them dumba**e neighbors of hers. GRRRRRRR.
DemonicDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #250
WishfulDreamer
Member
Senior Member
 
WishfulDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 3,219
Default

Don Sherman. "I had nothing to do with disappearance of Linda Sherman, nor her death." This is your wife we're talking about here. Why are you smirking while saying it? Why does it look like you don't care about what happened? Why use her full name? And also, your own daughter thinks you did it. Hmm...Not saying he's guilty just because of his demeanor but his attitude bothered me.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #251
amandab1234
Member
Forum Regular
 
amandab1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17, 2011
Posts: 544
Default

Most ppl on here like him.. he seemed to really care for Crystal.. Didn't notice he calls her by her full name
amandab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #252
DemonicDwarf
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 18, 2012
Posts: 23
Default

He seemed really determined that the case gets solved so I can't fault his interview on that. It was just how formal he came across when he referred to her.
DemonicDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #253
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonicDwarf
He seemed really determined that the case gets solved so I can't fault his interview on that. It was just how formal he came across when he referred to her.
Actually, I don't particularly care for Anton Kline. Not only was the full name thing kind of annoying, but to me he always came across as seeming like he thought he was art-and-culture savior to Crystal. Like she was some lowbrow hick before she met him.

But I do agree it seemed he did care for her greatly. I think he was completely committed to find out what happened to her.
__________________
"Why is she lying?, it makes me wonder. What is she hiding?, it makes me wonder."

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:12 PM   #254
amandab1234
Member
Forum Regular
 
amandab1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 17, 2011
Posts: 544
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Actually, I don't particularly care for Anton Kline. Not only was the full name thing kind of annoying, but to me he always came across as seeming like he thought he was art-and-culture savior to Crystal. Like she was some lowbrow hick before she met him.

But I do agree it seemed he did care for her greatly. I think he was completely committed to find out what happened to her.
Im listening to this segment right now on the forbidden site (cant watch since Im at work but I love listening to Mr.Stacks voice ..Anyways I never noticed he called her by her full name, I'm going to listen for it...)
amandab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #255
DemonicDwarf
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 18, 2012
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Actually, I don't particularly care for Anton Kline. Not only was the full name thing kind of annoying, but to me he always came across as seeming like he thought he was art-and-culture savior to Crystal. Like she was some lowbrow hick before she met him.

But I do agree it seemed he did care for her greatly. I think he was completely committed to find out what happened to her.
I'm guessing he was shocked when he found out she was a dancer. I don't know why. I'm all for people making money in whatever way they have too as long as it's not illegal or hurting anyone.
DemonicDwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Lifetime

Lifetime Schedule / Lifetime Site

Escape Schedule / Escape Site


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.