Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Frasier links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Frasier Photo Gallery

Frasier - The Complete First Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete First Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Second Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Third Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD

Frasier - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Frasier - The Ninth Season

Buy Frasier - The Ninth Season on DVD
Frasier - The Tenth Season

Buy Frasier - The Tenth Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Eleventh Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Eleventh Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Frasier
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

BET Fall 2014 Schedule with Fresh Prince; Michael Che Will Join Colin Jost at SNL Weekend Update Desk
Centic Fall 2014 Schedule; Hallmark Hall of Fame Movies to Move to Hallmark Channel
Summer 2014 Week 16 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilots Coming Together for 2015-2016 TV Season (and a Full House Update); New VEI Releases
SitcomsOnline Book Club - Soap: The Unauthorized Inside Story of the Sitcom That Broke All the Rules; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of September 15, 2014)
CMT Fall 2014 Schedule with Raising Hope; Nurse Jackie to End in 2015 After 7 Seasons
Nick at Nite Orders 3rd Season of Instant Mom; The Simpsons Take the Bowl on FXX Thursday with Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)

New Girl - The Complete Season Three The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season

09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
shipoopi
Frequent Poster

Default The Doctor is Out

I'm 51 years old and this is the first "Frasier" episode I've watched in its entirety. Never had a desire to watch "Frasier" when it originally aired but now thanks to Hallmark and WeTV, I'm planning on buying the entire series - better late than never.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #2
bingbangbaby
I see you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipoopi
I'm 51 years old and this is the first "Frasier" episode I've watched in its entirety. Never had a desire to watch "Frasier" when it originally aired but now thanks to Hallmark and WeTV, I'm planning on buying the entire series - better late than never.
It's funny how that worked out-- a lot of us fans didn't watch it in it's original run but love it now. I know I didn't watch it because I was never really a Cheers fan and so I didn't think I'd particularly be interested in this show either. I remember about 7 or 8 years into Frasier's run a lot of my friends were watching it and talking about it but I couldn't turn it on then because I have this weird thing where I don't like to come in to the middle of things, I like to see them from the beginning so I know all the backstory. So I didn't begin watching it until about 5 years ago.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:49 AM   #3
Kristen

Send a message via ICQ to Kristen Send a message via AIM to Kristen Send a message via MSN to Kristen Send a message via Yahoo to Kristen

I came into the show similarly, after the fact. I was/am a huge Wings fan, and the episode with Frasier and Lilith was always one of my favorites. So somehow, I wound up watching reruns, and slowly but surely, I just got hooked. That led to me writing fanfiction, and the rest, more or less, is history! And I'm SO glad all of this happened, b/c I've met some awesome friends b/c of it!

Old 03-18-2012, 04:09 AM   #4
Pat

Heart Ditto!!

I had also watched a few Cheers episodes, but never knew Frasier until I was visiting my parents and watched Frasier with them. I was hooked. The GREATEST THING about not watching the show in its entirety is that you have NEW FRASIER SHOWS TO WATCH - that sounds obvious, but I will do that with shows that are airing now. Burn Notice - I will not watch on TV because I want to buy the box sets when they come out and watch them on my schedule and not miss anything of each episode. It's funny how certain episodes will have so much more meaning when they are re-watched in order (that is if you happened to watch a few episodes of a series)!!!

Last edited by Pat : 03-18-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
andress_jade
I Dream of Jeannie 4-ever!

Location: Fredonia, KS wishing I was with Tony and Jeannie in Cocoa Beach!
Send a message via MSN to andress_jade Send a message via Yahoo to andress_jade
Crazy

I kind of came into Frasier by accident as well. I remember the show when it was still on the air but didn't really watch it religiously. I also remember the day it went off the air, but I didn't watch the finale either.
Years later, when I was living with my mom she watched it when it still aired on Lifetime. Sometimes I would watch it with her, even if I didn't really pay much attention to it. I would catch a scene here and there but didn't really care either way.
A couple of years after that I was living with my dad after living in Illinois for 3 months, he was dying of cancer and I came back to take care of him. One evening after he died, I was sitting at home, bored out of my mind. I was on my computer chatting but trying to find something to watch on TV. Of course there was nothing on TV, and I happened to see that Frasier was on and I figured why not. It's not like I would be paying much attention to it anyway.
Well, it happened to be a marathon and I would look up and catch a few scenes here and there but all of the sudden I saw a scene with Niles and Daphne, I don't even remember what scene it was now and I couldn't turn away. I watched that entire episode and was instantly hooked. I don't know what had changed in that instant that made me suddenly become interested in the show but there I was wanting to see other episodes. From there on out I never missed an episode.
I now have the entire 11 seasons on DVD and I just love it. I can never get tired of watching it. It's funny, smart, entertaining and the writing was pure genius. So I really did become a die hard fan by accident. Of course, I fell in love with Niles and Daphne right away. I never thought I would love a couple more than John and Marlena on Days or Sully and Michaela on Dr. Quinn. Niles and Daphne were and are amazing together. I'm glad my eyes were opened to this amazing show. I knew I was missing something before I became a Frasier fan. Now that I am, I will never go back.
In memory of: John Ritter, Hayden Rorke, Sidney Sheldon, Bob Denver, Don Knotts, Andy Griffith, Elizabeth Montgomery, Bea Arthur, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, David Angell, Christopher Reeve, Shirley Temple Black, Larry Hagman and Lucille Ball.

Golden Girls fan 4-ever!

Dr. Quinn fan 4-ever!

I Niles and Daphne!

John and Marlena 4-ever!

I Dream of Jeannie fan!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #6
Leigh Ann

Send a message via AIM to Leigh Ann

I came into it a little differently...My good, good friend (Kristen!) sent me a link to one of the episodes, and got me hooked! I blame her for my obsession with the one Dr. Frasier Crane...But once I got into the Niles/Daphne relationship, I loved it even more. And now I own all the DVDs and watch them frequently. It never fails to make me smile. Enjoy watching them...It's great seeing them for the first time!

Niles & Daphne =

Precious Memories

Win Free Stuff!!

Gone, but not forgotten:

RIP my grandmother 1926-2013

RIP Joe Conley (Ike Godsey) 1928-2013

RIP Frank Bank (Lumpy Rutherford) 1942-2013

RIP Andy Griffith: 1926-2012

RIP Larry Hagman: 1931-2012

RIP Neal Cassidy (Once Upon a Time)
Old 03-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #7
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran
Keep Calm & Write Fan Fiction

Location: Seattle-Home to "Frasier" and the Superbowl 48 Champion Seattle Seahawks
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen
I came into the show similarly, after the fact. I was/am a huge Wings fan, and the episode with Frasier and Lilith was always one of my favorites. So somehow, I wound up watching reruns, and slowly but surely, I just got hooked. That led to me writing fanfiction, and the rest, more or less, is history! And I'm SO glad all of this happened, b/c I've met some awesome friends b/c of it!

I guess I don't need to say AGAIN how I started watching this amazing show but I agree 1,000% about how much I love that I met so many wonderful friends b/c of it! I honestly used to hate Cheers with a passion which is why I never had any interest in watching Frasier but now I've started watching Cheers as well. But I am glad that I wasn't watching Frasier in prime time just because of the many cliffhangers that they had. I don't think I could have handled them at all, so I'm glad I was able just to go from one season to another via DVD's!

And no Frasier thread would be complete without my mentioning that I knew David Hyde Pierce was talented, from seeing him in Sleepless In Seattle and a handful of other things, but seeing him as Niles just absolultely mezmerized me! Now I am determined to try to watch as many of his performances as possible.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:01 AM   #8
bingbangbaby
I see you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoopie
And no Frasier thread would be complete without my mentioning that I knew David Hyde Pierce was talented, from seeing him in Sleepless In Seattle and a handful of other things, but seeing him as Niles just absolultely mezmerized me! Now I am determined to try to watch as many of his performances as possible.
My local public television station has been showing the "Great Performances" thing he hosted in 2010 for Stephen Sondheim's 80th birthday. I hadn't seen it before (and I still haven't seen all of it... but I will as soon as I have time to finish watching it) but so far I've enjoyed watching him "play himself." He's very funny as usual. Maybe you can catch it in the next week or two on your local PBS station too.