Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Laverne & Shirley links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Laverne & Shirley Photo Gallery

Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete First Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Second Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Third Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fourth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Fifth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Sixth Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Seventh Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Eighth and Final Season on DVD
Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series

Buy Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Laverne & Shirley
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Louie (and Other Projects with Louis C.K.) Cancelled; CBS Colorizing More Dick Van Dyke Episodes; More Diff'rent Strokes DVDs

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-30-2000, 09:32 PM   #1
LaverneShirley
Mission Doll

Smile Geez...

Why isn't anybody talking? THere hasn't been a new post in, like, 6 days. I couldn't think of any topics... not that I have TIME to, since the dreaded s-word is back in session. Anyway, I'm not EVEN gonna bother with trivia...so...what's everyone's favorite quotes from the show? (Be prepared, I have a lot)

"Someday, God willing, I'm gonna be a mother.
And what if my daughter comes home one day and says 'Mama, I wanna go to this party and pop out of this cake,' what can I tell her?"
"A lot more than most mothers"
"Milk and Pepsi. Drinking milk and Pepsi. That is silly"
"What's silly about it? It takes the 'puh' out of the Pepsi and the 'kuh' out of the milk"
"Well now that you've explained it, why don't you bottle it?"
"Why don't you bottle it?"
"I did it! I finally got the ink taste out of the pancakes! By using a blueberry ribbon!"
"I told you he was an idiot"
"I wasn't born yesterday, right Len?"
"No, I woulda sent you a card or somethin'"
"Squiggy, this is stupid!"
"Hello Stupid, how are you today?"
"You got one eyelash on, Laverne! You look like the Jack of spades!"
"This is the seventh, it was due on the fifth!"
"So we'll pay on the tenth, like everyone else!"
"Doesn't it irk you to be tardy?"
"Nothing 'irks' me!"
"You can't send a man into the world
with nothing but a bag of saurkraut"
"Don't I know it!"
"Hair all grungy full of goo?
Shake on, brush out, Quickie-poo!"
"Well, you know Laverne is sort of childish"
"Childish? Childish? Coming from a grown woman who throws tea parties for her stuffed cat?"
"Well at least I don't sew L's on everything I wear!"
"Well that would be pretty stupid considering your name's Shirley!"
"Ya see the peaches? The peaches are your gas. Now ya puch down on the peaches when
you want more gas"
"Shouldn't we use the beans for gas?"
"Mr. Pulper likes to pretend he's various
members of our staff"
"Gee, that sounds like fun!"
"Does it really?"
"No..."
"Why did they want us to draw a house?"
"Oh, I copied your house"
"I think it's because I house represents
one's personality"
"Well, I pulled a trick on them. I drew a slum"
"Uh-oh"
"Look in the box. What do you see? Do ya wanna know what I see? I see nature in song, I see beauty in flight!"
"I see bird stuff on newspaper"
"I send her out for oregano, she comes back with a canary. If I'd sent her out for paprika she'd come back with a duck"
"Are you paranoid?"
"I'm German"
"Tell me Andrew, how do you like being a truck driver?"
"Well, it's better than what I've done before"
"What was that?"
"I was a child"
"What kind of child were you?"
"White"
"What is a man?"
"A man is a guy, who's kinda like a boy, see, except through the urges of nature he's forced to learn to shave his self"
"Is that all?"
"He has brown hair, and umm... he don't need no help from anybody, 'cause he can do everything on his own! It's all right here in my picture of the slum, see. There's the man now... oh look, he's shaving..."
"Coffee?"
"Tea!"
"Fine..."
"Dandy!"
"Laverne -"
"Shirley!"
"Stop!"
"GO!"
"What are you doing?!"
"This isn't a test?"
"::hitting her head:: Dumb, dumb dumb...dumdumdumdumdumdumdedoodee..."
"Oh that's nice! Little Eripides Ragusa..."
"Eripides? I don't like that name..."
"We'll call him Rip!"

There's more, but I still haven't done my Algebra homework...

------------------
"Well, Laverne is sort of childish"

"Childish? Childish? Coming from a grown woman who throws tea parties for her stuffed cat!"

[This message has been edited by LaverneShirley (edited 07-30-2001).]
Old 08-30-2000, 09:44 PM   #2
LaverneShirley
Mission Doll

Smile

Oh! I forget some! I don't know if this is word for word, but it's good enough to get the gist of what they're saying..

"Shirl, at least learn something from it! First of all your hopes are to high. An ant CAN'T move a rubber tree plant! Second of all, Santa Claus is not gonna 'Ho ho ho' down our chimney and bring you a gentleman as a present! Get it? Got it? Good!"
"Are you finished now? Are you through shouting at me? Because if you are, I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK FOR JUST A MOMENT HERE! Oh Laverne, tsk tsk tsk. You ARE a gloomy gus! No ownder no high society gentleman's ever gonna ask you out, what's he gonna do, come up to you and say 'Hello Laverne, care to go to the opera my dear?' and you'll go ::blows raspberry::"
"I never saw ya do that, ya do that good"
"::chuckles:: Ya see?! There you are. My plans may not always turn out perfect but at least I try to get us to go places, do things, be somebodies! And all you ever do is knock it! Laverne De Fazio, you are VERY negative, you knock everything, you're sarcastic, and you YELL MUCH TOO LOUD, and if Santa Claus doesn't wanna visit here it's because he's afraid of you!"
"Santa's not afraid of me. I never said I was a saint, Shirl. I mean, you and me, we grew up together, we went to school together, we took gym class together. You get to know a person. You knew what I was like! And I never dreamed, I never dreamed, that I would here such words coming from the person who wrote this in my high school yearbook. 'To Laverne. If in Heaven we don't meet, hand in hand we'll bear the heat. And if it ever gets too hot, Pepsi-Cola hits the spot.' That's a beautiful sentiment Shirl. Too bad ya didn't mean it."
"Aw, Laverne, I meant it. If I want to have my dreams, you should let me have them, you shouldn't want to tear them down. Silly as the may be sometimes. I dream for you too"
"Okay...you have you're dreams and I'll try not to knock them. But it won't be easy"
"Thank you very much"
"You're welcome very much"
"Say you go to this party and you meet this WONDERFUL guy. You think he's gonna marry you?"
"Stranger things have been known to happen. And I can marry anyone I please!"
"You don't please that many people Shirl"
"You vodeododo"
"I don't vodeododo!"
"You vodeododo!"
"I don't vodeododo!"
"You vodeo!"
":auses:: Once!"
"I treat my body as a temple Laverne. You choose to treat yours as an amusement park"
"My body's not amusing"

Now I really gotta go do my homework...

------------------

"Childish? Childish? COming from a grown woman who throws tea parties for her stuffed cat!"

Old 08-31-2000, 01:44 AM   #3
Squiggy
Occasional Poster

Question

Hi LaverneShirley,

Just Curious. Have you seen the uncut version of the pilot? Or did you get some of the quotes from the reunion that was played a few months ago? If you've seen uncut versions of the show, could you tell me what channel you got them from. (Hope you don't mind me asking you this.)

While im on removed scenes: On the L&S reunion, there was a scene where Shirley wanted Laverne to get rid of all of her childhood possessions. Laverne brought up Boo-Boo-Kitty and Shirley the left Laverne alone.

I can't figure out where this scene came from. The only thing I know is that it had to had come from the middle California season (because of Shirley's light hair color). Maybe Teenage Lust (138)? Any Ideas?

This question was asked on the nolonger existing L&S Fan Forum but no one was able to identify the scene.

Thanks.

Another quote to add to the collection:

Lenny: "Just between you and me, Squiggy is not as smart as he looks."
Laverne: "Ohhhh...hes gotta be."
Old 08-31-2000, 04:50 PM   #4
LaverneShirley
Mission Doll

Smile

Oh, I've never seen the reuinion. I saw the uncut version of The Society Party on the first Columbia House video. As for that childhood possessions scene, I remember it, and it was in a CA episode, but I forget WHAT episode. I don't think it's Teenage Lust, but it might be. Maybe..maybe..oh I don't know. I don't have Teenage Lust on tape yet.

------------------

"Childish? Childish? COming from a grown woman who throws tea parties for her stuffed cat!"

Old 09-04-2000, 06:35 PM   #5
Titania
a part of that

Send a message via AIM to Titania
Smile

hmmmm, I dont think its Teenage Lust, but I do remember that scene. Didn't Shirley have light hair for a season in Milwaukee too? Well, now Im going to have to stay home from school and waych my L&S tapes to find this!!
Old 09-04-2000, 06:35 PM   #6
Titania
a part of that

Send a message via AIM to Titania
Smile

hmmmm, I dont think its Teenage Lust, but I do remember that scene. Didn't Shirley have light hair for a season in Milwaukee too? Well, now Im going to have to stay home from school and watch my L&S tapes to find this!!
Old 09-04-2000, 09:48 PM   #7
The T

Smile

WOW! HOw do you rememver all those lines?!?!?! Thats amazing!!! The only one I can even remember is my signature. hehehe.

------------------
See ya~The T
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Butler-Your Coat?

Fonz-Yeah it's my coat, are those your pants?
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Old 03-22-2003, 08:34 PM   #8
kelly brester
Frequent Poster

Smile hey shirley can you help me i have a cold and i need your help

hey shirley can you help me stop snezzing can you recomend something or you can say stop sneezing or do the theme and say kelly please stop sneezing or ask laverne ok i love you got to go my nose is running
Old 09-29-2003, 01:04 PM   #9
kelly brester
Frequent Poster

Thumbs up hey shirley and laverne hello laverne and shirley im going to las vegas

hey shirley and laverne how are you two doing im doing fine im going to las vegas and im flying and shirley i rember and episode of laverne and shirley its where you and laverne are on a air plane and the captin passes out and you or shirley gives him hot coffe and then he bumps his head on the wheel and he lands on lavernes leg and laverne panics she starts crying and shirley says whats wrong and shirley sees the captain on lavernes leg and she ask what happend to him and laverne goes he went abra and shirley says thats one heck of a note whos going to fly this thing and then screams do you rember that one? i need some advice from shirley only shirley how can i feel relaxed on a airplane and i just thought of some thing shirley you said some thing about an air bubble does that mean terbulance form the clouds? tell me shirley give me some answers ok love you love kelly