Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery

Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute
ABC Faves Head to Hulu; SMILF Gets 2nd Season on Showtime
CBS Orders Full Seasons of Sophomore Sitcoms; Desperate Housewives Star Heads to Dynasty
Two and a Half Men Heads to Nick at Nite; WE tv Acquires Criminal Minds

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-11-2004, 07:59 PM   #106
puppylove
Occasional Poster

Default THE DVD

Hi pat i saw both pictures of the show that you posted up, is very cool. I did not no that the picture clip that you posted up was never before seen on the syndicated version or the original ABC broadcast. The episode in which Ralph is looking inside of his car, what episode was that unseen footage seen in? And if you do have the first complete season series, what other unseen footages which is not shown on the syndication version? I would love to see another clip posted up, that is if you can later
Old 12-13-2004, 01:46 AM   #107
fishbone
Frequent Poster

That pic is from the first episode, "All the way".
Old 12-13-2004, 05:21 AM   #108
Pat

Talking deleted scenes

Puppylove,
I have NEVER seen that scene before. Of course, I was a lot younger than I am now when that first aired. There are not too many deleted scenes that I have not seen before on the box set. I was hoping for more behind the scenes and interviews, but I am not complaining...

Happy Days 4ever!!!!!

I'm heading back home for Christmas, but I will watch my box set again when I get back and try to get back with you about more deleted scenes.
Thanks,
Pat
Old 12-13-2004, 05:26 AM   #109
Pat

Default Re: Happy days dvd

Quote:
Originally posted by puppylove
Hi thank you so much for anwsering my question. But let me ask you this, in the vary first episode of ALL THE WAY are they actually
showing a scene where richie and postie are playing baseball on the field and tossing the baseball to each other? And who so ever posted a clip of the picture where ralph malph is looking underneath his car is cool, now i have never seen that in the syndication versions especailly the reruns that tv land is running.
When i run out and buy the dvd, i pray and hoped that paramount pictures has edited back the original lost footages that has been cut from the syndicated version, i hate when that happpens, i heard that when happy days ran many years ago, it was a 30 minute show which ran 25 minutes long, and now it is only 22 minutes. I hate that especially the way tv shows are shown now. Ihope season 2 comes out soon too. Let me asked you this one question, i noticed that whenever a classic show like happy days, which has been shown on its original telecast goes into syndication, they cut huges chunks of footages, but when a show comes on to the dvd, how do the company who owns the rights to the series, go back and edited back in the original scenes as well as the original music which has been replaced with generic music or whatever that is? Once again thanks again puppy love

Puppylove,
Sorry, that scene you are looking for was gone just for the intro to Happy Days. It was not in the first ep. except for the music intro. The producers did this for several shots like when Al slips and showers Richie with French Fries while the guys are in the booth - also made for the intro. There are many other small takes they use in the intros that are actually part of the show though.
Hope that helps,
~ Pat
Old 12-13-2004, 09:05 AM   #110
puppylove
Occasional Poster

Default HAPPY DAYS

Hey thanks alot i really apperciate you taking the time to anwering my question, but when you do get back from your christmas vacation to watch the dvd again please find out if richie and potsie are tossing the baseball to each other on the baseball field, because i kept on seeing a clip of that in Richie Almost Dies when Heather is singing and playing the piano at the cunningham house, and in the Passage where Mr. C is saying goodbye to everybody, once again thanks puppylove.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:10 PM   #111
Pat

Default Deleted Scenes

I've been asked several times about the intro to Happy Days and if the scenes from the intros were simply scenes that were cut from the shows through the years. Many of you have a good idea that most of these scenes were not part of the show but just made for an intro to the show. My next few posts will help clear this up. Let's take a look at a few shots from this first episode and the into scenes that were never part of the show (at least, if they were, they were not added back to the DVDs)

This first shot is the shot where Richie is combing his hair in the bathroom mirror at Arnold's (Arthor's in episode One). The shot moved back to Potsy combing his hair behind him and a guy combing his crew cut behind him.

Second Shot is when the driver puts the top up to his convertable and catches his date's fake pony tail in the process.

Third shot, we find Richie and Potsy double dating at the movie theater. When their hands touch, they both pull their hands back

Fourth shot, Richie and Potsy wave to the waitress and she accidentally dumps the food of tray on the cop.

Fifth scene, Ralph falls out of the car when he goes to kiss his date. ((Wait a minute - take a closed look at the girl!!! Isn't that the girl from a later episode whom Richie has as a study partner and writes "I (heart) (sheep)" on the sidewalk???))

More on this topic in my next post...
Attached Images

Last edited by Pat : 01-08-2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:22 PM   #112
Pat

Default Intro Or Not??? Richie and Potsy playing baseball

Ah, the baseball scene has been brought up to me many times.

Remember in some Happy Days intro where Richie catches a grounder and tosses it to Potsy and Potsy throws it in?
I found this scene in the 1st Ep "All the Way".
It is after Richie's date and just before everyone asking him if "he did".
If this is not the footage used in later intros, then it must have inspired the filming for the intro clip.
You be the judge.

Personally, I don't think this is the scene, because I believe that Richie lobs the ball to Potsy when they are in the same frame. I could be wrong.
Attached Images

Last edited by Pat : 01-08-2005 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 03:35 PM   #113
Pat

Default More deleted scenes from Ep 1

Here are a few more del scenes.

Scene 1: Potsy walks through "Arthor's Drive In" looking for Richie. He is about to got into the men's room to show Richie how to unstrap a bra from the radiator.

Scene 2: Potsy has just gotten caught by Fonzie trying to take the bra off the radiator. Potsy catches up with Richie to give him a last minute pep talk.

Scene 3: Richie is walking by when Ralph asks, "Hey Cunningham, where you going?"

Scene 4: Richie replies: "All the way" and Ralph smacks his head on his car hood.

Scene 5: Ah yes, the deleted proof that they did play chess.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2005, 03:46 PM   #114
Pat

Default Arthurs

Day shot
and
Night shot (deleted scene)
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2005, 12:36 PM   #115
x3 Taylor x3
Yeahh man

So, when is the second season coming?? I just got the first. (it just took me a while..)

BTW, awesome pics Pat!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 01:31 PM   #116
love_elway
Occasional Poster

Angry 2nd - 11th seasons

It would be great if they would at least give a timetable. I mean "Friends" went from season 1 to season 9 in a year and a half to 2 years. Just tell us when to expect to get our fix.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:19 PM   #117
Dr. Thong
a/k/a "ACK!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_elway
It would be great if they would at least give a timetable. I mean "Friends" went from season 1 to season 9 in a year and a half to 2 years. Just tell us when to expect to get our fix.

True, but the difference is that Friends was a top-rated network show when they began pumping out the DVDs. HD is an old show that appeals to an older audience and that's the audience the entertainment industry has always and will always go after.

We'll get Season Two eventually...provided season one has the right sales figures.
Old 02-25-2005, 01:55 AM   #118
Pat

Default DVD 2nd Season????

Happy Days - Happy Days Again? Maybe!
Posted by David Lambert
2/24/2005

Six months ago saw the release of Happy Days - The Complete 1st Season on DVD, and fans loved it. So much that six months feels like a loooong time in the TV-on-DVD business to them, because we routinely get questions about the second season of it (and Laverne & Shirley as well). Nothing's been said by the folks at Paramount, though...until now!

Yesterday's edition of The Wall Street Journal (2/23/05, Section B) had a story by Merissa Marr and Joe Flint entitled "DVDs Are Finally Paramount". The article explains that previous management figures had a strategy of bringing titles - film and TV based - to DVD in a slow and steady fashion, and that new management in place now has a different plan of increasing the studio's revenue by way of cutting loose on the library.

Much of this has been reported already, at the time that the executives did their shuffle in recent months, and it wasn't exactly news we could use here at TVShowsOnDVD because no actual titles were brought up. But the Wall Street Journal story is naming names!

Among those names are "The Cunninghams" and "The Fonz". Mentioned in the story are a number of shows that Paramount intends to release in the near future, in order to drive their profits and therefore the stock value at parent Viacom. Happy Days is mentioned as being among the titles they are keeping in mind.

Howeve, the article continues with a lot more information. Here are some selected quotes from the story (we encourage you to pick up a copy of the paper, or purchase it through the WSJ online site, and read the article in its entirety):

Paramount estimates that...95% of its TV library (has) yet to be released on DVD. The studio is expected to deliver 25%-30% growth in movie and TV DVD sales this year, with margins reaching as high as 50%.

...growth in sales of TV DVDs are expected to outperform other DVDs...

...The biggest boost ahead is expected to come from TV DVDs. Viacom already has a thriving kids DVD business, thanks to Nickelodeon. While Paramount has released 35 TV DVDs in 2002, that will jump to 220 this year. As a general rule, TV DVDs are more profitable to a studio. However, the expense of renegotiating the actors and producers, and clearing the music rights, can sometimes cut into profits. On the first season of "Happy Days," for instance, it cost almost $1 million just to get the music clearance.

The last time we spoke with the studio about Happy Days, the clear indication was that it was the various licensing costs - music and otherwise - that was at issue on this release, and perhaps others like Laverne & Shirley. It sounds like they are working the numbers there at Paramount, and getting these releases worked out. The Wall Street Journal story doesn't say anything further about Happy Days other than what we've already mentioned, but stay tuned and we'll keep you updated if we hear anything further.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:06 AM   #119
Pat

Default Man oh man, you've got it made in the shade -2nd Season DVD

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2982
Old 02-25-2005, 07:16 AM   #120
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

Man this is INCREDIBLE NEWS!

if they plan on going from 35 dvd's to 220, and surely HD has got to be one of the better selling ones so far, then that even bodes well for a Season THREE release possibility this year