Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Happy Days Online / Happy Days links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Happy Days Photo Gallery


Happy Days - The Complete First Season

Buy Happy Days - The Complete First Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Second Season

Buy Happy Days - The Second Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Third Season

Buy Happy Days - The Third Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fourth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fourth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Fifth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Fifth Season on DVD
Happy Days - The Sixth Season

Buy Happy Days - The Sixth Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > Happy Days
User Name
Password


Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Disney to Acquire Much of Fox; Roseanne Debut Date Set for ABC
Fri-Yay: The Year in Sitcoms; NBC Sets Premiere for A.P. Bio
MeTV January 2018 Schedule Has Diff'rent Strokes; HBO Hit Comedy Returns for 2nd Year
getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule


New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2017, 12:32 PM   #31
PhoenixAcres
Senior Member
Member
 
PhoenixAcres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 26, 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 2,783
Default



I was shocked to hear the news.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:10 PM   #32
*ShortCake*
Senior Member
Blair Warner fan.
 
*ShortCake*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 01, 2000
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,755
Default

It sounds like she died from stage four cancer from what the news is saying about the autopsy reports ��
__________________
Ashley

"Nice girls don't throw tree's"- Jo Polniaczek.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 03:23 PM   #33
um
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 26, 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 777
Default

She was only a few weeks younger than I.
I actually was not a big fan of Happy Days when I was a teenager. It seemed that most other kids and teens back then, were. Somehow I could not identify, so-to-speak, with the characters who were from the 1950s.
One guy in the high school class I attended kept imitating Fonzie and giving the thumbs up and saying "Heyyyy." I thought it was silly.

But, I was more familiar with Erin Moran from TV shows she appeared in when she was a pre-teen and I think I confused her with Lisa Gerritsen at times. I eventually came to realize that they are different actors, even though it seemed they could be related. (Gerritsen was actually 3 years older). Also, since I was young ( as was Erin Moran) when I saw her on TV, I think there was a time I wondered if Moran played the little girl in the movie "Hand In Hand" which is a movie most younger people today, probably don't know about. Of course, I thought Erin Moran was a good actor and I enjoyed her roles in the TV shows she appeared in. She had the appearance of a freckled faced little girl and it was instrumental to the genuineness that came across when she played a part.

It is sad that her last days were filled with torment to the point where a lot of other child stars tried to reach out to her as a "Child-actor's club" so-to-speak, so as to communicate to her as only people who have been through what she went through, can.

And yes, before her was Dana Plato, who died at a much younger age, and before Dana Plato, was Anissa Jones, who died at age 18.

However Erin brought many of us happiness through her acting.

RIP
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 05:12 PM   #34
Zoneboy
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
 
Zoneboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 13, 2003
Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Posts: 30,183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ShortCake*
It sounds like she died from stage four cancer from what the news is saying about the autopsy reports ��

Link

Erin Moran, known for playing Joanie Cunningham on “Happy Days,” most likely died of stage-four cancer, Variety has confirmed.

The cause of death was released on Monday in a joint statement from the Harrison County Coroner’s office and sheriff’s department.


“A joint investigation into Mrs. Moran’s death was conducted by the Harrison County Sheriff’s Department and the Harrison County Coroner’s office,” the statement reads. “A subsequent autopsy revealed that Mrs. Moran likely succumbed to complications of stage 4 cancer. Standard toxicology tests were performed and the results are pending however no illegal narcotics were found at the residence.”


The California-born actress, who also starred in the “Happy Days” spinoff “Joanie Loves Chachi,” had reportedly fallen on hard times in recent years. Moran’s untimely death on Saturday at age 56 was followed by an outpouring of support from the entertainment community, including her “Happy Days” co-stars.

Henry Winkler wrote in a statement, “I will always remember Erin with her sweet smile that greeted me on the very first day I walked onto the set of ‘Happy Days’ in 1974. She was only nine years old. For the next 10 years that smile never faded. Unfortunately yesterday it did. My condolences go out to her family. She will always be locked in my heart.”

Scott Baio, who appeared with Moran on both series, shared his condolences on Twitter: “Many people remember Erin for her contagious smile, warm heart, and animal loving soul. I always hoped she could find peace in her life. God has you now, Erin,” he wrote.

Moran’s other TV credits included “The Love Boat,” “Murder, She Wrote” and “The Bold and the Beautiful.” She most recently appeared on VH1’s reality show “Celebrity Fit Club” in 2008 and the low-budget film “Not Another B Movie” in 2010.
__________________
As long as people talk about you, you're not really dead. As long as they speak your name, you continue. A legend doesn't die just because the man does.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:17 PM   #35
rosescarlett
Occasional Poster
Member
 
rosescarlett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 24, 2017
Location: Wonderland
Posts: 9
Default

R.I.P Erin.

So sad she passed away.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:58 AM   #36
retroTVfan4ever
Senior Member
Member
 
retroTVfan4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 30, 2009
Posts: 2,838
Default

Sad to learn Erin has passed away. I didn't know she lived in southern Indiana, that's where I live, the distance from where she lived and where I live is probably about 25 miles or so.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:33 PM   #37
mets82
Senior Member
Member
 
mets82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 14, 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,461
Default

I had a crush on Erin growing up back in the day and now I'm crushed the she's gone.
__________________
http://www.superbowlgreatness.blogspot.com/

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:58 PM   #38
Mr. Television
Forum Legend
Member
 
Mr. Television's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 06, 2003
Location: Were you're not
Posts: 60,487
Default

http://people.com/tv/erin-moran-happ...throat-cancer/


Erin Moran's Happy Days Costar Anson Williams Reveals She Was Unable to Speak Due to Throat Cancer: 'We All Kept Quiet Out of Respect'

By Kara Warner


“It’s hard to wrap your arms around it,” says Moran’s Happy Days costar and longtime friend Anson Williams. “She was having treatment for throat cancer, so I was contacting her husband and her and she seemed to be fighting it, really doing well. I was just shocked when I got the call she had passed. I had no idea it was that bad.”

Williams was among a close-knit group of people who knew about the 56-year-old actress’s condition, for which she was receiving radiation and chemo treatments

“She kept very quiet,” he says. “We all kept quiet too, out of respect for Erin. She couldn’t speak, but her texts were very [positive].”

The actor and TV director, who played Potsie Weber on Happy Days, met Moran began before anyone else on the show and suggested she come in to read for the role of Joanie Cunningham.

“A lot of people don’t know this but after the first Happy Days pilot which didn’t sell, I went back to playing the concerned boyfriend parts and I was working with Kay Lenz on a Hallmark Hall of Fame special around 1973,” he recalls. “Erin Moran played her younger sister. She was so adorable and so good, when they called for the second pilot of Happy Days, they were looking for a different Joanie and I recommended Erin. They brought her in and she got the part.”

Williams, 67, hopes people remember Moran for the smiling, bright light that she was and played on TV.

“Erin always brought light into a room,” says Williams. “She always gave before she took, she was a very kind, generous person, but going through her own demons. Most of the time when I’d see Erin it would be an event, something kind of special, it would be a couple of days and quality time.”

The actor has high praise for for Moran’s second husband Steve Fleischmann “She found a good guy in
__________________
Sonny
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #39
Zoneboy
Moderator
Forum Celebrity
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
 
Zoneboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 13, 2003
Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Posts: 30,183
Default Open letter from Steve. (Erin Moran's Husband)

Link

Erin and I met 4/22/1992 and parted ways 4/22/2017. We were planning to go to
Thunder Over Louisville to celebrate.
She was feeling fine on our anniversary
11-23-2016. Maybe four or five days after we got back Erin woke up and had about a dime size blood stain on her pillowcase. She said
I think i bit my tongue. A couple days go by and
there's a bigger spot of blood. We get like 4 days into December, there's more blood. I get a flashlight and say let me look.
It was not her tongue it was her tonsil on the left side. I thought it was tonsillitis.
So we went to an ENT who said they wanted to biopsy it. It came back squamous cell carcinoma. She started radiation and chemo. Five days a week radiation and chemo only on Thursdays. We did that the whole time. It got so bad so fast. By the
middle of February, Erin could no longer speak
or eat or drink. She had a feeding tube implant and i feed her 6 to 8 times a day. She was still happy, she was active, she texted people on her phone all day. On the 21st she was having trouble
breathing. She woke up on the 22nd, she was not 100%.
She needed Kleenex, so i went to the store and came
back. She was there watching T.V in bed. I
laid down next to her held her right hand in my
left. I feel asleep woke up about a hour later
still holding her hand and she was gone, she was
just gone.. Norton Cancer Institute never said how bad it was.. The coroner told me it was really really bad. It had spread to her spleen, she had alot of fluid in her lungs and part of her brain was
infected. The coroner said even if she was in the hospital being pumped full of antibiotics she still would not of made it. He said it was the best that she was with me and went in her sleep.
So that's it.
PLEASE feel free to send the above to Any and ALL
news outlets The press has been relentless. they knock on the door constantly. Thank you Harrison County Sheriff's I Called last night and they came out ran them off got up this morning
they were all back sheriffs ran them all off again. the last time two cop cars ran off the last ones right before it got dark. we will see what tomorrow brings....
PEACE my friends.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 06:53 PM   #40
AB
Forum Celebrity
Merry Christmas
 
AB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 26, 2006
Location: The South
Posts: 37,198
Default

^ Very sad, cancer claims so many lives, young, old, famous and not so famous.
May she rest in peace.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:31 AM   #41
um
Forum Regular
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 26, 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
Link

Erin and I met 4/22/1992 and parted ways 4/22/2017. We were planning to go to
Thunder Over Louisville to celebrate.
She was feeling fine on our anniversary
11-23-2016. Maybe four or five days after we got back Erin woke up and had about a dime size blood stain on her pillowcase. She said
I think i bit my tongue. A couple days go by and
there's a bigger spot of blood. We get like 4 days into December, there's more blood. I get a flashlight and say let me look.
It was not her tongue it was her tonsil on the left side. I thought it was tonsillitis.
So we went to an ENT who said they wanted to biopsy it. It came back squamous cell carcinoma. She started radiation and chemo. Five days a week radiation and chemo only on Thursdays. We did that the whole time. It got so bad so fast. By the
middle of February, Erin could no longer speak
or eat or drink. She had a feeding tube implant and i feed her 6 to 8 times a day. She was still happy, she was active, she texted people on her phone all day. On the 21st she was having trouble
breathing. She woke up on the 22nd, she was not 100%.
She needed Kleenex, so i went to the store and came
back. She was there watching T.V in bed. I
laid down next to her held her right hand in my
left. I feel asleep woke up about a hour later
still holding her hand and she was gone, she was
just gone.. Norton Cancer Institute never said how bad it was.. The coroner told me it was really really bad. It had spread to her spleen, she had alot of fluid in her lungs and part of her brain was
infected. The coroner said even if she was in the hospital being pumped full of antibiotics she still would not of made it. He said it was the best that she was with me and went in her sleep.
So that's it.
PLEASE feel free to send the above to Any and ALL
news outlets The press has been relentless. they knock on the door constantly. Thank you Harrison County Sheriff's I Called last night and they came out ran them off got up this morning
they were all back sheriffs ran them all off again. the last time two cop cars ran off the last ones right before it got dark. we will see what tomorrow brings....
PEACE my friends.



Is this supposed to be the real account of Erin Moran's death?

It is not that she was just found "unresponsive" ?

Apparently if she had cancer, either it was so last-minute as far as her and her family finding out about it that the news did not get out before it claimed her, or she and her family kept it secret until her death.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:21 AM   #42
YoliUSA
Senior Member
Fan of the Classics
 
YoliUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 13, 2002
Location: In a galaxy far, far away...
Posts: 5,272
Send a message via MSN to YoliUSA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by um
Is this supposed to be the real account of Erin Moran's death?

It is not that she was just found "unresponsive" ?

Apparently if she had cancer, either it was so last-minute as far as her and her family finding out about it that the news did not get out before it claimed her, or she and her family kept it secret until her death.

Yes, it is a letter from her husband. She wanted it to be kept secret and only a few friends knew she was sick. From what I've read/heard the only HD cast members that knew were Anson and Cathy (Silvers).
__________________
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". ~Walt Disney


"Sometimes I just don't understand human behavior"- C-3PO



My DVD's
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:14 PM   #43
TMC
Forum Celebrity
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 09, 2001
Posts: 25,289
Default

The New York Post has an interview with her husband, who said that she had been having a sore throat that wouldn't go away. She woke up one morning in November, and there was a small spot of blood on her pillowcase (the size of a dime). She assumed she'd bitten her cheek. A week or two later t happened again, her husband checked her throat and said it looked as though she had tonsillitis. she was diagnosed with a squamous cell carcinoma and put on immediate chemo and radiation simultaneously.

On the day she died, she was resting in bed watching TV and just stopped breathing.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 03:27 AM   #44
janet42
Senior Member
Three's Company Fan!
 
janet42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 21, 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,716
Default

I'm sorry to hear about Erin Moran's death. I've enjoy watching her on "Happy Days". Here is the interview about Erin's last days.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2...ana/100931430/
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:23 AM   #45
Mood Ring
Forum Regular
Member
 
Mood Ring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 28, 2014
Location: East coast
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMC
The New York Post has an interview with her husband, who said that she had been having a sore throat that wouldn't go away. She woke up one morning in November, and there was a small spot of blood on her pillowcase (the size of a dime). She assumed she'd bitten her cheek. A week or two later t happened again, her husband checked her throat and said it looked as though she had tonsillitis. she was diagnosed with a squamous cell carcinoma and put on [b]immediate chemo and radiation simultaneously[b].

95% of the time stage 4 cancer is NOT curable. The cancer treatment is what kills you. It killed my Dad very quickly. The doctors know this, but they prescribe it anyway. People are nothing more than cash-cows for the health/medical industry. It's disgusting.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.5.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.