Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

It's A Living links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / It's A Living Photo Gallery

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > It's A Living
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Antenna TV's Bewitched 50th Anniversary in September Hosted by Erin Murphy (Tabitha); Paramount Announces New Comedy for Web
TV Land Orders New Sitcom Starring Jim Gaffigan; FX Laughs It Up on Monday Nights with Sheen, Grammer and Lawrence
Melissa Joan Hart Explains It All On truTV Tonight; Comedy Central Renews Two Series for 3rd Seasons
FX Fall 2014: Mike & Molly Reruns Premiere; Jerry Seinfeld's Single Shots on Crackle
Summer 2014 Week 9 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Community Season 6 Plans; The Equalizer Complete Series on DVD
Blossom, Big Bang Theory Star Hosting Candid Camera; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 28, 2014)
Here's Lucy Heading to Cozi TV; The CW Drops Comedies Seed, Backpackers
TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #16
tah86
Occasional Poster

They Have a bunch of shows On DVD that didn't last that long like Tabitha ,The Greatest American Hero.so they can easly put It's a Living On Dvd wich lasted 6 seasons and Has 120 Episodes (1980-1982,1985-1989).Well Known In the 80s because of Ann Jillian was a big star at the time.The show is funny and would hold up through time.It should be out on Dvd and Online (hulu ) where people Can watch it

Last edited by tah86 : 07-02-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #17
Robert 13

There are many requests for this show over at Shout! Factory's site. I think they would be great at putting together a dvd-set for this show. One suggestion though... I think they should release Seasons 1 & 2 together since they were short seasons. I wonder if Brian at Shout! would be a good person to send a message to. He has posted on here in the past. We can, at least, try.

- Dolcenera
Old 05-06-2010, 02:10 PM   #18
Kupotek
Occasional Poster

I'm actually really surprised the series hasn't been taken from VHS somewhere and put online via bittorrent... someone out there's gotta have the episodes on VHS.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #19
Robert 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupotek
I'm actually really surprised the series hasn't been taken from VHS somewhere and put online via bittorrent... someone out there's gotta have the episodes on VHS.
I am too. Surely, someone out there was a big enough fan to record every episode.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #20
Kupotek
Occasional Poster

I've checked every place it would show up if it would shop up at all.

Bitme TV, Tvtorrents, Ioffer, Ebay, Google searches (which is how I found this forum). I think I'll check IMDb next
Old 05-18-2010, 11:23 AM   #21
Robert 13

As Warner to release it through their Warner Archive Collection at their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/warnerarchive .

Maybe they will put it out. There's a chance. Warner checks this page daily and takes these suggestions into serious consideration. So, let them know you want IT'S A LIVING on dvd.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:27 AM   #22
Kupotek
Occasional Poster

Lightbulb

I just posted a request on their Facebook page
Good thinking.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #23
Robert 13

Still no sign of this great series on dvd. I really hope it doesn't wind up like so many series did in the 30s and 40s where episodes are lost and damaged. I have a feeling Warner hasn't digitized the series yet as it hasn't re-surfaced in reruns in a long time. But I wish they would consider releasing even a collection of episodes on dvd.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #24
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Thumbs up

I'd love to see it, too. They had great actresses in the cast such as Louise Lasser, Susan Sullivan, Barrie Youngfellow, Ann Jillian, etc...

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 03-22-2011, 10:23 AM   #25
Kasey
Forum Regular

Everyone needs to email them service@wbshop.com to express their interest.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:54 AM   #26
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

I'll try to make some time to e-mail. I would love to see this show released.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #27
Brian Damage
Forum Legend
I'm Rich Bitch

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
I would love to see this show released.

me too

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Old 03-29-2013, 04:07 AM   #28
danmanx
Occasional Poster

Lol

I would love to get this show! I used to watch it all the time. Even though, I'm nowhere near the viewing demographic for it...

Oh hell, it's was funny!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #29
Mr. Drucker
Forum Regular

I'm surprised I don't see "Living" turn up on Lifetime or other similar stations geared towards female viewership.Fantastic show!My favorite characters-Ann Jillian's wisegirl waitress and the interminably insufferable piano player.I'm surprised I didn't think of HIM for over on the "Biggest Male Jerks" thread!I remember catching Gail Edwards on "M*A*S*H*" as a traveling USO performer.Marvelous chemistry between her and Alan Alda.
Old 03-31-2013, 01:15 PM   #30
Kasey
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Drucker
I'm surprised I don't see "Living" turn up on Lifetime or other similar stations geared towards female viewership.Fantastic show!My favorite characters-Ann Jillian's wisegirl waitress and the interminably insufferable piano player.I'm surprised I didn't think of HIM for over on the "Biggest Male Jerks" thread!I remember catching Gail Edwards on "M*A*S*H*" as a traveling USO performer.Marvelous chemistry between her and Alan Alda.
I think because it was in first-run syndication it was never considered 'prestigious' enough to run on Lifetime ala "Designing Women" or "The Golden Girls". With all these retro stations out there, it's time for one of them to resurrect this show.