Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Archives
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Week 4 TV Ratings and Analysis; How the Sitcoms Did
SitcomsOnline Digest: CBS Introduces CBS All Access; Even More Remakes of Classic TV Series Under Consideration; New Family Guy DVDs
Friends Coming to Netflix in January 2015; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 20, 2014)
Sitcom Alum Neil Patrick Harris to Host 2015 Oscars; Yahoo! Orders Another Comedy, This Time From Bridesmaids Producer
Malin Akerman Vegas Comedy Coming to Yahoo!; All in the Family Seasons 1-4 on iTunes
ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas 2014; Fox Picks Up Gotham for Full Season
NBC Fall Pilot Review: Marry Me - Premieres Tuesday, Oct. 14; Full Season Pickups for ABC's black-ish, Murder

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series Sgt. Bilko - The Phil Silvers Show - The Complete Series Family Ties - The Complete Series Happy Days - The Sixth Season The Jeffersons - The Complete Series Mork & Mindy - The Complete Series

10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonder Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-30-2008, 09:52 PM   #1
Family Ties Forever!

Post The Phone Company Is So Frustrating

Has anyone had problems with AT&T?

We have had so many problems with AT&T over the last few months. They keep overcharging us. They continue to bill us for the internet, but we don't have the internet through them. At one point we had it, but it was never up and running so after two weeks we cancelled it. Of course AT&T claims otherwise. We have called and called and called trying to get things resolved. We are told that either it's some how our fault or that the problems will be fixed, but never are. We are given confirmation and/or reference numbers that later seem to not be there. They have turned off our phone before when they weren't supposed to.
We requested that our phone be turned on in the new house that we soon will be moved in to. They turned off the phone here, but didn't turn it on there even though they were supposed to. When we do call we get the run around and are transfered from person to person and placed on hold for long periods of time. It's so frustrating. If anyone here works at AT&T, I'm not knocking you.
Sometime soon we will be without internet temporarily because of the move.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:30 AM   #2
Janice
Administrator
Forum Celebrity
Dr. Thackery

I've personally never dealth with AT&T, but I've had similiar experiences. I know it's frustrating Jenny. I often ask to speak wth a supervisor. I'm sorry you're going through this. Maybe you should threaten to change companies. Maybe you should change companies, with customer service this shabby.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:34 AM   #3
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

Hope you get it all worked out, Jenny.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013

Old 12-31-2008, 11:13 AM   #4
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Charter is just as bad. First off it takes forever to get to somebody with a pulse when you call them. Also with my phone bill they upped it without even telling me. Its part of what they call adjudtment fees(whatever that is). Also when I moved in April and had my phone service transfered I was charged for that, and they didnt even bother to tell me.

2009 I may have to get a cell phone. I am sick of dealing with phone companies.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:59 AM   #5
PZelda
Forum Legend
Two Valeries! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I've personally never dealth with AT&T, but I've had similiar experiences. I know it's frustrating Jenny. I often ask to speak wth a supervisor. I'm sorry you're going through this. Maybe you should threaten to change companies. Maybe you should change companies, with customer service this shabby.
IIRC, Jen and her family were with a different company prior to Ike. Or maybe I'm imagining things. But I really do remember she was having problems with her internet prior to Ike.

Either way, I agree, very frustrating! I am amazed at how poorly-run the big companies are.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
Family Ties Forever!

I have had problems with both Comcast and AT&T. AT&T makes more mistakes though on the bill and the account. I have threatened to change companies, but they don't even care. It takes awhile to get a real person on the phone. Supposedly the service is supposed to be turned on next Monday. I'm not going to hold my breathe on that one though.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:42 PM   #7
catlover79
Forum Legend
God Bless Val

^ Awwww...keep us posted, Jenny.