Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Spin-offs and One-Year Wonders > Canceled 2002-2014 Sitcoms
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

TV Marathons on Labor Day 2014; SitcomsOnline Book Club - Danielle Fishel's Normally, This Would Be Cause for Concern
Summer 2014 Week 14 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Could Full House or The Greatest American Hero Be Revived as New Series?; Spenser: For Hire Now on DVD
FamilyNet Fall 2014 Schedule with Sony TV Classics; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of September 1, 2014)
Antenna TV Acquires 11 Classics for 2015, Includes One Day at a Time, Small Wonder; Amazon Prime Gets Jeffrey Tambor/Judith Light Comedy
ABC Family Fall 2014 Schedule; Long Island Blood & Babes Comic Con Sept. 12-14 in New York
66th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners; Lost Centric Episode of Disney Animated Series Written by Lost Co-Creator

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)

Community - The Complete Fifth Season Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season Parks and Recreation - Season Six Three's Company - The Complete Series Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series

08/05 - Californication - The Final (Seventh) Season
08/05 - Community - The Complete Fifth Season
08/05 - Mad About You - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - The Nanny - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
08/05 - Dennis the Menace (Animated) - Lights! Camera! Menace!
08/12 - Bitten - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
08/19 - The Millers - The First Season
08/19 - The Mindy Project - Season Two
08/19 - Newhart - The Complete Fourth Season
08/19 - Parks and Recreation - Season Six
08/19 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
08/19 - Once Upon a Time - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
08/26 - Austin & Ally - Chasing the Beat
08/26 - Good Luck Charlie - So Long, Farewell!
08/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Series / Review
08/26 - Revenge - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #16
Stuck In The '70's
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesrj12
Rob! is funny as hell! I'm glad CBS is giving the show such a good timeslot.
I agree Rob is a great show.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:28 AM   #17
comedyfreak
Forum Veteran
Smile Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck In The '70's
Three's Company is a classic. It's too bad that most of today's sitcoms aren't in their league. I obviously am not alone in thinking that. The show was a top 10 hit for 7 of their 8 seasons. It has been in reruns continuously since it left the air. Talk to me when P & R has that resume.
What do you expect coming from a kid.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:01 AM   #18
Yong Fang
Forum Regular

Concerning Three's Company, the show was stupid. I was an adolescent and teenager when it was first on. Basically every episode was some kind of misunderstanding that was overblown and blah, blah, blah.

The whole Jack is gay thing so he could live with the two girls was luducrous and probably would be panned by gays today. It was what, 1977 California? Larry Dallas, Regal Beagle?

This isn't to say that I did not like some of the actors on the show. I hated that John Ritter died, he was great and by all accounts a nice man. I recently saw "Bad Santa" again, and he was a hoot in that. Then there was Norman Fell who was fking hilarious as Stanley with that old horny wife. Then bring in Don Knotts after they left.

I live in China and bought some DVD's of Three's Company thinking as an adult, I might get into it. This had like the first two seasons. The only thing that wasn't garbage was the fine ass Joyce Dewitt in her shorts and the mugging off Norman Fell.

I gave up on Rob. The show sucks. May not be that bad if Rob Scneider himself was hit by a truck and let Cheech Marin be the star. Rob's wife on the show is amazingly sexy though.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #19
Stuck In The '70's
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yong Fang
Concerning Three's Company, the show was stupid. I was an adolescent and teenager when it was first on. Basically every episode was some kind of misunderstanding that was overblown and blah, blah, blah.

The whole Jack is gay thing so he could live with the two girls was luducrous and probably would be panned by gays today. It was what, 1977 California? Larry Dallas, Regal Beagle?

This isn't to say that I did not like some of the actors on the show. I hated that John Ritter died, he was great and by all accounts a nice man. I recently saw "Bad Santa" again, and he was a hoot in that. Then there was Norman Fell who was fking hilarious as Stanley with that old horny wife. Then bring in Don Knotts after they left.

I live in China and bought some DVD's of Three's Company thinking as an adult, I might get into it. This had like the first two seasons. The only thing that wasn't garbage was the fine ass Joyce Dewitt in her shorts and the mugging off Norman Fell.

I gave up on Rob. The show sucks. May not be that bad if Rob Scneider himself was hit by a truck and let Cheech Marin be the star. Rob's wife on the show is amazingly sexy though.
First off, I'll say what I said before. Everyone has different tastes. You might not like TC but millions of people did and it survived in reruns even today so people still love the show. I wouldn't even have commented on TC if you hadn't brought it up and I'm sure you did because of what I said about P & R. I only did that because it is Rob's competition on Thursdays. I never went to the P & R board to down it though. As for Rob, I enjoy the show. Maybe I don't know what good comedy is but I know what makes me laugh and this is coming from someone who never cared for Rob Schneider or his brand of comedy before.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #20
robyrob
Forum Legend
certified wackball#3

we are liking Rob!
Old 03-27-2012, 02:59 PM   #21
Chocolate Moose

I'm a fan of Rob Schneider ANd I adore the show !!!!!