Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

getTV Acquires Norman Lear Sitcoms; Comedy Central Gets Scripted Comedy
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Starts on TBS Jan. 4; Fuller House Season 3, Part 2 Premieres Just in Time for the Holidays!
American Dad! Christmas Special on TBS; Jessica Jones Returns for 2nd Season
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 11, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Danny Masterson Fired From Netflix Series The Ranch; Disney/Fox Merger a Step Closer?
Fri-Yay: Superstore's Christmas Special; This Is It! One Day at a Time Returns for 2nd Year
Another Period Returns Jan. 23; Pop Orders Comedy Pilot from Krysten Ritter
TBS Launches New Comedy Tarantula; Inside the Actors Studio with Kristen Wiig
The Nanny Coming to COZI TV in January; GSN Adds Chris Harrison Episodes of Millionaire
Full House Heads to Hallmark Channel in January 2018; CBS Mid-Season 2018 Schedule
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 4, 2017)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Pilot Season at Amazon to Come to an End?; CBS Plans "Winter Games" with Celebrity Big Brother
Fri-Yay: Search Party, Creating a New Kind of Sitcom; Remembering Jim Nabors, MeTV and Decades TV Network to Pay Tribute

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December)

The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season Living Single - The Complete Third Season Alice - The Complete Sixth Season One Day at a Time - The Complete Series Fuller House - The Complete Second Season

11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
11/24 - Grandfathered - Season 1
12/05 - Alice - The Complete Sixth Season
12/05 - One Day at a Time - The Complete Series
12/05 - The Simpsons - The Eighteenth Season
12/05 - South Park - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
12/12 - Fuller House - The Complete Second Season
12/19 - South Park - The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray) / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-27-2001, 07:01 AM   #1
allen
Frequent Poster

Cool Jeopardy episode

Is that anyone's favorite besides mine? The episode where Dorothy dreams that she, Rose, and the Joe Isuzu guy (I forgot his real name), are on Jeopardy! But Rose ends up winning the game. There was a part in the final jeopardy answer segment that seemed like a precursor to the Saturday Night Live Parody. The Joe Isuzu guy draws a stick man as his final jeopardy answer. He says:"I didn't know the answer, so I drew a little man. "Is this it?"
Old 08-28-2001, 08:37 AM   #2
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

That is one of my favorites.
-----------------

Dorothy talking about Rose)This woman is an idiot!

Announcer: Oh yeah. At least this woman didn't get knocked up in high school.
Old 08-30-2001, 03:04 PM   #3
Precious
Frequent Poster

Talking

Yeah, I saw that show a few months ago and it was pretty funny. But I though Dorothy acted like a bigshot. When Dorothy recieved a call saying that she passed the exam and Blanche failed it she had the nerve to say, "Blanche, you flunked!" That was so rude. Then she went to the "mock" game tryout and she acted like a knowitall. She kept bragging about how smart she was and that she'll get on Jeopardy with her intelligence. That guy told her to shutup and I'm glad he did. Then the mock game began and Dorothy got all the answers right. But she kept bragging to the other mock contestants that she's smart and they're dumb. Dorothy even had the nerve to tell the guy who messed up on an answer about how he's wrong and she's better than him. Then after the mock game Dorothy didn't get on the show. The guy told her that she did get the right answers but nobody would ever root for her on Jeopardy. Who would root for a sore winner anyway? Dorothy deserved to be turned down for the show. But it was funny anyways. I liked the dream she had when Rose got dumb answers and she won. I think the other contestant was Charlie from Empty Nest. He was such a hottie.
Old 08-31-2001, 10:09 AM   #4
Osh
Frequent Poster

this is definitely one of, if not the, favorite gg ep of mine.
Old 06-07-2002, 07:26 PM   #5
jayman75
I Love the 80s!

Send a message via Yahoo to jayman75

Dorothy acted like a bigshot QUITE often... sometimes a little more than necessary...

The Wonder Years, Burns and Allen, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Are You Being Served?,
Family Guy, South Park, Designing Women, The Golden Girls,
Dallas, The Facts of Life, Roseanne, Will and Grace,
The Twilight Zone, Original Scooby-Doo, Murphy Brown, The Big Bang Theory...

Talk to me about one of these shows, and I'm all yours...
Old 06-07-2002, 08:55 PM   #6
80sTrivia
Forum Veteran
Pop Culture Soothsayer

Smile

That is so funny... as I was thinking that Jeopardy bit on Saturday Night Live with Darrell Hammond playing Sean Connery was taken from GG!
Old 02-02-2016, 10:29 PM   #7
JL82
Frequent Poster

Am I the only one who thinks Alex Trebek looks better now than he did then?

Blanche likes him...but what he looks like today seems almost more her type.

And that "anti-Trump" line is priceless...it fits right into today. And I think Griffin actually looks like Trump!

I can't believe Alex would bow to anybody, though, even Griffin!

In a way, Dorothy's real audition mirrored what happened in her dream - she got the answers right but still didn't make it - for other reasons.

Jeopardy + episode - would that be a "Jepisode"?

Have you seen the "Hot in Cleveland" episode where Trebek rescues the main cast from a criminal hideout? Blanche would have loved to be there.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:53 PM   #8
bandonurse
Forum Regular

Have you seen the "Hot in Cleveland" episode where Trebek rescues the main cast from a criminal hideout?

Hot In Cleveland .....My second favorite sit com of all time. (can you tell I adore Betty White?) I also loved the Jeopardy episode, with the possible exception of taking Dorothy's arrogance just a bit too far. She was so rude to the other contestants that it seemed against character for someone as smart as Dorothy to behave like that.