Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival
ABC Fall Pilot Review: The Kids Are Alright - Premieres Tuesday (Oct. 16); FX Gets New Comedy for 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Patricia Heaton Eyes a Return to TV With CBS Sitcom; VEI Announced Bad News Bears TV Series DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Superstore Season 4 At the Top of Its Game; Freeform's New Kickoff to Christmas Event
Showtime Isn't Kidding About Season 2 of Kidding; TBS Gets Another Unscripted Comedy
The CW Bulks Up for Next Summer; FX Brings Back Mr Inbetween for Season 2

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #106
LizaDaisy
Frequent Poster

I was mixing a cake batter on the kitchen counter right next to the frige my cat Romeo(tuxedo cat) was sitting on top of the frige watching me mix. All of the sudden i feel something falling toward me i drop my spoon and i hold out my hand and i catch Romeo DIVING into the cake batter! I stand there holding him in his diving postion and look at him he is still staring down at the batter, my dad is ROTFL. I just put Romeo down and laugh. Sigh, he is one of the funniest cats i've ever had. He makes me laugh.
LizaDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:25 PM   #107
LizaDaisy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
I still love this pic I took of my cat, Lucky, when she jumped into our ornament box. I've posted it on one of the other threads, but I couldn't resist putting it up again.

Your cat is a beauty!
LizaDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:53 PM   #108
Mikado
Main st bridge
Forum Celebrity

I dont have any pets at the moment, but, when my cousin Jeff was a baby, my Uncle and Aunt would go camping with us, and the dog would jump into his playpen, and not let ANY stranger go near the baby! (He was an excellent watchdog, and basically trained himself to do it )
Mikado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:05 AM   #109
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaDaisy
Your cat is a beauty!
Thank you!! She is indeed.

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #110
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Heart

Sometimes, I'll ask my two cats if they want to go for a walk with me. I then walk down the hall in our home, and they actually walk with me. Caesar, my silly baby gets it mixed up sometimes and cuts off Lily. Other times, I'll have one on each side of me. It's adorable how they keep looking up at me to make sure they're doing it right, and wait for my words of encouragement. When I get to the end of the hall, I turn around and walk back. Caesar sometimes gets confused and keeps walking into the bedroom, lol. It's so adorable. Late at night, when I'm putting Netflix movies back in the mailbox, Lily takes a walk with me in the building. She has quite a sprint going on. They just melt my heart sometimes.

Janice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:52 AM   #111
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

I lit a candle over the weekend, and my two cats kept looking at it. I kept telling them to get away from it. After, I noticed that their eyebrows/whiskers were singed, lol. They look like goofballs.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:40 AM   #112
TripperFan
In God's Arms Now
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I lit a candle over the weekend, and my two cats kept looking at it. I kept telling them to get away from it. After, I noticed that their eyebrows/whiskers were singed, lol. They look like goofballs.

I've done that with my persian, Dusty and he STILL sweeps the old tail through it and you see a quick "WOOOF" of flame, smoke and then the smell of burning fur! He'll then sit and look at you like "What are you looking at?"

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
TripperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #113
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

I went to pat my cat Lily and we both got a big shock. I knew what it was, but she looked so scared. I had to reassure her that she wasn't going to get electocuted, lol.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:20 PM   #114
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

^ Aww. That's happened with Cuddles before. I've gone to pet her and got a shock.

We sometimes wonder about Romeo. He acts like a dog sometimes, and sometimes even acts like a small child. The other night I picked up Cuddles and Romeo was so jealous. He sat straight up with his front paws (beg position) and insisted on being picked up, lol. He's such a silly cat. It was cute. I swear both Romeo and Cuddles are spoiled. Romeo has taught Cuddles how to sit up and beg.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:49 AM   #115
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

^ Jenny, Romeo and Cuddles sound like Lily and Caesar, a little tag team. They go on little adventures together, and look guilty when I walk in the room. I know they're up to something, lol.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:08 AM   #116
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

Romeo is the only cat I've ever known who sits on command. It's weird that he's a cat, yet when you tell him to sit, he does.
Family Ties Forever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:08 AM   #117
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

Romeo is the only cat I've ever known who sits on comand. It's weird that he's a cat, yet when you tell him to sit, he does.
Old 05-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #118
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

-

Last edited by Family Ties Forever!; 02-20-2015 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:00 PM   #119
Janice
No one gets out alive.
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

^ Jenny, this is a coincidence. I always say that my cats, especially Lily, act like dogs. When I call them, they trot over like dogs. They hop up on the sofa and are very vocal. Lily has always wagged her tail like a dog. Now she's really wagging it, back and forth, especially when she's happy. I just love these furbabies.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #120
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.

One of my cats, Princess, weebles and wobbles but unlike the toy, She falls down. It can be cute to watch sometimes but not funny. She has Cerebellar Ataxia The area of the brain that controls balance is affected. The kitten is seen stepping high, like a parade horse. When the kitten jumps, he overcompensates. He jumps higher than he should. When he goes to jump off an object, he will simply lie down and roll off the couch, or table. His brain cannot compute the proper message to send to his body about how to move normally.

I noticed this a couple of weeks after she was spayed and had her first rabies shot. She was 6 months old at the time and weighed exactly 2 pounds which was the minimum weight limit for spaying. I was reluctant to have it done because of her size but I was assured that it would be ok and now this happens. The clinic where she got the shot is trying to tell me that the vaccine had nothing to do with her problem but I'm not entirely convinced

The vet suggested that I put her to sleep. I asked if she was in any pain and was told no that this only affects movement and that she could live a good life if I wanted to make special arrangements for which I have. She will be more prone to other illnesses that affect cats. She can run but she moves from side-to-side and she shakes a little now and then but she's gaining weight and has a healthy appetite which is good.
My intent is to just do the best I can and take her for check-ups which the vet suggested every 3 months and I just pray that her next one will be ok.