Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Archives

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrities Get Animated on Animal Planet; Freeform Drama Pilot Underway
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Game of Thrones Leads Emmy Nominations; New Beverly Hillbillies DVDs Coming in October
Fri-Yay: What Was the Best Decade for Sitcoms?; The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations
Netflix Gets Christina Applegate Comedy; South Park Returns Sept. 26 for Season 22
Alone Together Returns Aug. 1 on Freeform; Sony Crackle Gets Rob Riggle Comedy
CBS Fall 2018 Premiere Dates; Freeform Announces Holiday Movies for 2018

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)

New Girl - The Complete Seventh Season Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-15-2008, 01:40 AM   #16
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebelle
Hey guys, slow down. PETA is NOT some pathetic organization filled with a bunch of "f***ing idiots". It's a great organization with great intentions in mind; giving a voice to those without voices. Unfortunately, in the type of society that we live in, you pretty much have to forceful to get your voice heard, and the only way to be get your voice heard is through money. I do agree that some of their tactics are borderline, but they're just trying to get their point across. I'm not a vegetarian, I love steak, but I do care about animal rights and I give props to a corporation that's main goal is to care about animals.
i don't mean to sound like i'm against their cause; i'm certainly in favor of ethical animal treatment. just seems to me that PETA goes way beyond spreading awareness and into the realms of attempting to force other people to live by their standards. this health insurance thing was clearly an attempt to manipulate people into giving up meat. when i (and i can probably speak for most) say bad things about PETA, i'm only referring to the administration who tries to pull off this kind of stuff, rather than those who are simply members of the organization.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:03 AM   #17
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by safety pin
i don't mean to sound like i'm against their cause; i'm certainly in favor of ethical animal treatment. just seems to me that PETA goes way beyond spreading awareness and into the realms of attempting to force other people to live by their standards. this health insurance thing was clearly an attempt to manipulate people into giving up meat. when i (and i can probably speak for most) say bad things about PETA, i'm only referring to the administration who tries to pull off this kind of stuff, rather than those who are simply members of the organization.
My sentiments exactly!! Well said!!
St. John 15:13 - Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Currently my favorite song.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:20 AM   #18
Big C
I Heart Angie Watson

Quote:
The whole 'throwing red paint' thing offsets some of the good things they do.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:44 AM   #19
bmasters9

I remember when PETA tried to make people drink booze instead of milk. Does anyone else remember when they tried to do that?
Old 11-15-2008, 06:50 AM   #20
Brad Russ
Forum Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Brad Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmasters9
I remember when PETA tried to make people drink booze instead of milk. Does anyone else remember when they tried to do that?
There slogan was probably: Why hurt a cow when there are millions of people on the road everyday who you could kill.

Last edited by Brad Russ; 11-15-2008 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:30 AM   #21
bmasters9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mel
There slogan was probably: Why hurt a cow when there are millions of people on the road everyday who you could killed.
That's no reason to make people drink booze. Tea would probably have been a better alternative.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #22
Pusy Galore
In God's Arms Now
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebelle
Well that's good, I was just hoping you guys weren't against animal rights or something!

Oh geez - NOT at all! I'm a very active member of the SPCA for my province, not only financially, but volunteering. I've written to my member of parliament and the prime minister about strengthing animal cruelty laws and punishments.

I'm also all for Greenpeace. They have tough tactics also, but draw the line.

I compare it to Martin Luther King (Greenpeace) and Malcolm X (PETA). You will get more attention and credibility if you take passive aggressive actions - not the tactics that PETA use.

And we have nothing against your buddy (Veggietarian). Its the organization as a whole. And they take it to lengths that are ridiculous (i.e. thinking that milking a cow is cruelty - they HAVE to be milked to be kept healthy - ask any farmer).

It's gotten to the point now that when I hear a PETA protest on the news I just laugh at them. They've gone SO over the top that people don't even take them seriously and they're nothing more than a pain in the ass blocking the street with their theatrical stunts while people are just trying to get to work to make a living. Find better ways of conveying your message and we might start listening to you PETA.

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
Old 11-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #23
Big C
I Heart Angie Watson

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081115/...e_people_lohan

I hope Lindsay sues these gutless PETA idiots!
Old 11-15-2008, 02:36 PM   #24
Pusy Galore
In God's Arms Now
Forum Veteran

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081115/...e_people_lohan

I hope Lindsay sues these gutless PETA idiots!

Yah, I just was reading that myself. Unfortunately she can't because this time it was just flour they used so no permanent damage was done.

To me, if PETA really wanted to help, they'd use their time more wisely fundraising than dousing people as they head into a club. It looks to me that most of them don't even have jobs - they're too busy pulling these silly stunts that do nothing other than alienate them from the mainstream.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #25
Big C
I Heart Angie Watson

Eventually, someone will sue PETA and they'll have to cease these dumb stunts.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:41 PM   #26
Yooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripperFan
Oh geez - NOT at all! I'm a very active member of the SPCA for my province, not only financially, but volunteering. I've written to my member of parliament and the prime minister about strengthing animal cruelty laws and punishments.

I'm also all for Greenpeace. They have tough tactics also, but draw the line.

I compare it to Martin Luther King (Greenpeace) and Malcolm X (PETA). You will get more attention and credibility if you take passive aggressive actions - not the tactics that PETA use.

And we have nothing against your buddy (Veggietarian). Its the organization as a whole. And they take it to lengths that are ridiculous (i.e. thinking that milking a cow is cruelty - they HAVE to be milked to be kept healthy - ask any farmer).

It's gotten to the point now that when I hear a PETA protest on the news I just laugh at them. They've gone SO over the top that people don't even take them seriously and they're nothing more than a pain in the ass blocking the street with their theatrical stunts while people are just trying to get to work to make a living. Find better ways of conveying your message and we might start listening to you PETA.
Well-said!
"The true meaning of America, you ask? It's in a Texas rodeo, in a policeman's badge, in the sound of laughing children, in a political rally, in a newspaper...In all these things and many more, you'll find freedom. And freedom is what America means to the world. And to me."
--Audie Leon Murphy
June 20, 1924--
May 28, 1971

Old 11-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #27
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU
Only the Oakland Raiders are a more pathetic-looking organization than PETA.
Game, set, match to FSU!!!

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
Old 11-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #28
TJL
Suburbanite Extrordinaire
Forum Veteran

PETA should ask all the grocery stores to give them discounts because they don't eat all those horrible, vile products we meat eaters do.

What a bunch of whiners. Stop asking for special treatment.

Read my blogs!
http://centralparkamisguide.com/
http://dvdcriticscorner.com
Visit me on Facebook!http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=641138880
Hey, I do the tweet thing too!
http://twitter.com/TomLevier
My shop of handmade items!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/ColdGarageCreations
Old 11-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #29
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

I also remember when PETA sent letters to Iraq/Afghanistan to plead with the military to stop using "camel bombs".

A war technique that they use is strapping bombs on camels and sending the camels loose in the direction of enemy camps. When the camels get close they detonate the bombs.

They said in their letters to leave the animals out of human wars.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #30
robyrob
certified wackball#3
Forum Legend

they should raise the premiums for PETA members because of the much greater likelihood that someone will beat their ass fo being annoying.

P.S. - no animals were harmed or taken advantage of in the production of this post.