Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Picks Up Sitcom The Cool Kids for Full Season; CBS and ABC Back Nine Pickups
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 22, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Is Alice Next in Line for a Reboot?; CBS Gives Full Season to Three New Series
Fri-Yay: New Sitcoms - What's Working and What's Not?; Brockmire Season 3 Brings Out the Stars
ABC Picks Up Single Parents for Full Year; Netflix Gets Tia Mowry and Loretta Devine Sitcom
Showtime Comedy Gets More Stars; Netflix Orders New Comedy from Novel Writer
NBC Sets January 2019 Lineup; Team Coco Heads to New York Comedy Festival

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-04-2009, 04:20 AM   #1
snowcreature23
Jason is waiting.
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to snowcreature23
Default Do u remeber what u were doing when 9/11 happend?

Do you remember where you were at when 9/11 happen? I was working the late shift at the hospital so I got off that night and someone told me about it on the phone. I could'nt bleive what I was seeing? You think it will happen again?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:35 AM   #2
Hollow
Forum Celebrity

sleeping during the attacks. my mom explained to me what happened on the way to school.
Hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:55 AM   #3
beautifuldreamer
Banned
Banned!!

I was sleeping as well... sadly, my mom was outside watering plants, when our 12-year old (at that time) neighbor came running outside and told her that there was an explosion on TV. I eventually got out of bed and saw that she was sitting in front of the TV with my sis and dad. I just remmeber not understanding the true depth of what was going on... I was eleven years old.
beautifuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:33 AM   #4
tv star collector
I Love Susie

I was working at the hospital, here in South Carolina, when a fellow employee
told me she had heard about it on the television set in the lobby. My boss
invited me to join him and watch some of the news coverage on the TV set
in the doctor's lounge (which was empty at the time). It was one of the
three most shocking world events that have happened in my lifetime (and
I can remember where I was during each of them): the assassination of
President Kennedy (Nov. 22, 1963), the explosiion of the Challenger space
shuttle, and the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on
Sept. 11, 2001. You never forget things like that (and you just pray that they never happen again).
tv star collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
MonarC
The truth will set you free

Yes, I was at work and all of a sudden our boss came out of his office and said a plane hit the world trade center. We all gathered in his office to watch then we saw the other plane hit. People we crying and very confused and upset about this. I was in shock and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I remember a co-worker asked me if I was ok and I just shook my head no. We were all very shocked.
MonarC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #6
TripperFan
In God's Arms Now
Forum Veteran

Unhappy

I'll never forget it.

I had a migraine headache that morning and had to stay home from work.
I was dozing in and out of sleep, half watching the Dick Van Dyke show when my husband phoned me from work.
He said a plane had hit the World Trade Centre. I'm thinking it had to be a Cessna or something and he's still talking a mile a minute telling me to tune to anything else but TVLand ( - he knew I'd be watching that channel and they wouldn't have coverage).

I tuned it in just as the 2nd plane hit and couldn't believe my eyes. I kept thinking this is some modern age "War of the Worlds" or something.

I even saw the 2nd tower collaspe live. It was absolutely horrific. All I did for the rest of the day was cry and was glued to the t.v. I heard them tracking the plane that went down in PA, the Pentagon, everything. And worst of all, I knew my aunt was on a plane that departed at 9am and didn't know if that one would go down too. Apparently it was the last or second last takeoff of a plane before they shutdown all air traffic in North America.

James Marshall Hendrix
Voodoo Chile

The Forum Legend formerly known as TripperFan

"religion is for people who are afraid of hell--spirituality is for people who have been through hell"---anonymous
TripperFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:06 PM   #7
browneyes106

I was a junior in high school and I was driving to school when the DJ on the radio said what happened.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #8
MrRetro_08
T'ank you veddy much!
Forum Regular

I was at school that the time and when I came home It was live on the news.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #9
phoebe7165
Pop Culture Goddess
Forum Veteran

Unhappy

I didn't find out about it until about 11AM!! I worked the night before and was sleeping. I heard my phone ring, and it rang a few times. I don't answer my phone when I'm trying to sleep. It was my sister who was trying to call me. I had not watched any TV or listened to the radio yet. I was on the road(I was in Ohio) and the first question she asked me was "Where are you?" At first, she wouldn't even tell me what happened. The way she was talking, so many things were going through my mind, at first, I thought something horrible happened to our parents, then I thought maybe somebody was assassinated(especially President Bush), or that somebody else really, really important died. So I asked "OK, who died?", and she said "alot of people!!"

Even over 7 years later, it's still really weird to drive up I-95 in N.Jersey, and not see the towers there.

Rescued animals make the best pets. Opt to Adopt!!
phoebe7165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:11 PM   #10
HuntingtonM15
Bottom of the Barrel
Forum Veteran

I was a sophomore in high school at the time. It was in the middle of history class. During the lesson another teacher came in and told the history teacher what had happened. He then told us about it. I can't believe it's been so long already since it happened. My history teacher at the time has since passed away.
HuntingtonM15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
Brieannas21

I was on break from school, I was at my parents house sleeping when my mom woke me up saying the world was coming to an end and to get up and watch the news with her.
Brieannas21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 06:27 PM   #12
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

Was working when my boss called a bunch of us over and said the Pentagon had been attacked. We went into a room and watched the news. It was around noon and all the details weren't in. Scarey and uncertain time for sure. Spent the rest of the day watching it, since that what was nearly every channel was showing.
MickeyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #13
Marvo301
I'm NOT a Blockhead!
Forum Veteran

Cool

I was nearing the end of a graveyard shift at the gas station I worked at then. I had the radio on as was my usual practice. This time the regular programming was interrupted with an announcement that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center. About this time the day shift guys arrived and we were talking about how the towers had been there for many years and yet we never heard of an accident like this. Then they announced the second plane and we all looked at each other and realized this is no accident. Well I quickly finished my paperwork, went home, and turned on the TV. I got the set turned on just in time to see the 2nd tower collapsing. I spent the next several hours in front of the TV numbly watching the news coverage.

A life isn't worth living unless it has impact on other lives. Jackie Robinson

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man. Benjamin Franklin
Marvo301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #14
Faith
Internet Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Faith Send a message via Yahoo to Faith

I was sleeping.. I remember the phone ringing at 5 something in the morning... and I went in to the dining room to see if everything if everything was alright? Thats when I heard my grandma say the Pentagon in the US.. me being the smart mouth 20 year old i was said , well no **** grandma do you know of another one..
Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #15
MickeyMac
Forum Veteran

I just remember the feeling the next couple of days after that. You knew that things were never going to be the same, and you didnt know what was going to happen next. I wont forget that feeling. Its like there was life before 9/11 and life after 9/11.
MickeyMac is offline   Reply With Quote