Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Conners Second Season Looking Likely; Apple to Produce New Peanuts Content
Fri-Yay: Where Will The Good Place Go Next?; Everything's Gonna Be Okay at Freeform
ABC Mid-Season 2019 Schedule; Amy Sedaris Laffer Returns Feb. 19 on truTV
ABC Picks Up Comedy Starring Lake Bell, Dax Shepard; EPIX Dark Comedy Gets 3rd Season
Lifetime Brings in the Stars for Winter Movies; Celebs Line Up for CBS All Access' Twilight Zone
HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2018, 05:33 PM   #16
James T
Member
Senior Member
 
James T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 23, 2006
Location: England
Posts: 1,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Wiki says that she did find her mother, but her father and sister passed away before the story aired on UM.. 1988 for the father and 1991 for her sister.

Irene passed in 2012.

What is the story.. There was a case where a guy was going to buy a computer and was kidnapped at a motel or something.. Not the sketch artist case (Which is another that i'll put as astounded it hasn't been solved, UM touted her as the best sketch artist and how many cases she solved and the case they profiled.. Unsolved.) where the two guys in a mall got the brothers who jumped out..
The computer case was somebody calling themselves Tom Johnson who murdered the woman & seriously injured the guy selling the computer who later died in a traffic accident-the common consensus here & the Unsolved Wiki page even says it now is that it was almost certainly Tom Steeples-a violent murderer who later killed himself in jail.

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Tom_Johnson

The other case was this one-

http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/w..._Phillip_Bomer
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:11 AM   #17
isotope
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 09, 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 188
Default

Quote:
Phillip Fraser is another one for me. The murderer seemed to be very lucky not to be caught.
I watched this (for the first time ever, I don't know how I missed it) and I was absolutely stunned when there was no update - the apparent murderer was young, disorganized, distinctive in appearance, likely crossed the border and hung around an area where there was a very small population. Even in the late 80s, you think he would have left enough of a trail to lead to his arrest.
isotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 09:46 AM   #18
Labonte18
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 28, 2018
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotope View Post
I watched this (for the first time ever, I don't know how I missed it) and I was absolutely stunned when there was no update - the apparent murderer was young, disorganized, distinctive in appearance, likely crossed the border and hung around an area where there was a very small population. Even in the late 80s, you think he would have left enough of a trail to lead to his arrest.
Less surprised at that one as the McAllister and Major murders in Ontario. The one where the couple was sleeping in their RV.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:12 PM   #19
Jon
Member
Forum Regular
 
Jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 433
Default

The two that bug me the most are Patsy Wright and Gloria Schulze.

Patsy Wright's killer had to know her well to know that she took cold medicine before bed, and had access to strychnine. How hard can it be to narrow that down?

Gloria Schulze has eluded detection for a very long time, I just don't get that at all.
Jon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:50 PM   #20
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
The two that bug me the most are Patsy Wright and Gloria Schulze.

Patsy Wright's killer had to know her well to know that she took cold medicine before bed, and had access to strychnine. How hard can it be to narrow that down?

Gloria Schulze has eluded detection for a very long time, I just don't get that at all.
I wish there was more info on the patsy wright murder. Iím baffled by how little info is out there and how quiet that is now considering it was featured on UM.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:32 PM   #21
Labonte18
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 28, 2018
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!! View Post
I wish there was more info on the patsy wright murder. Iím baffled by how little info is out there and how quiet that is now considering it was featured on UM.
Is it me or is it kinda creepy that her family has apparently created a Facebook page for her as if she were still alive?

https://www.facebook.com/patsy.boltonwright

Anyway.. Everyone has dismissed the suicide angle on this one.. And I can't come up with a reason she would want to commit suicide, but.. This quote..

Quote:
ďIíve taken some NyQuil and somethingís really, really wrong,Ē
Strychnine poisoning normally takes 10 to 20 minutes to start affecting someone, with death not occurring until 2 to 3 hours later. If you had unusual symptoms starting where you weren't feeling well and you normally took Nyquil to help you sleep and never had any kind of reaction to it before.. Would your mind think back to the Nyquil?

She was dead at 4:15am.. So, Figure she took the dose between 1am and 2am. She made the call to friends, not to 911, at 3am.

Leo Fikes had access to the strychnine.. I don't think he did it, but I think he had to have been involved somehow.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:52 AM   #22
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Is it me or is it kinda creepy that her family has apparently created a Facebook page for her as if she were still alive?

https://www.facebook.com/patsy.boltonwright

Anyway.. Everyone has dismissed the suicide angle on this one.. And I can't come up with a reason she would want to commit suicide, but.. This quote..



Strychnine poisoning normally takes 10 to 20 minutes to start affecting someone, with death not occurring until 2 to 3 hours later. If you had unusual symptoms starting where you weren't feeling well and you normally took Nyquil to help you sleep and never had any kind of reaction to it before.. Would your mind think back to the Nyquil?

She was dead at 4:15am.. So, Figure she took the dose between 1am and 2am. She made the call to friends, not to 911, at 3am.

Leo Fikes had access to the strychnine.. I don't think he did it, but I think he had to have been involved somehow.
I think it was discussed before (suicide) I can't recall if it was in the segment or not. suicide by strychnine does not seem to be a popular theory though. I don't recall the timelines, but it is possible that it did occur that way and she was not able to call within the first hour.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #23
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,038
Default

So I watched the miracle staircase segment again. Still one of my favorites and on my bucket list to visit along with Marfa. definitely an UM that should have been solved.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:00 PM   #24
dynoguy88
Member
Senior Member
 
dynoguy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 01, 2000
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 2,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!! View Post
So I watched the miracle staircase segment again. Still one of my favorites and on my bucket list to visit along with Marfa. definitely an UM that should have been solved.
I think you can throw that segment in the "special circumstances," pile. Because the guy that came forward claiming his grandfather built it seemed to have compelling evidence that it was him. But the nuns chose not to believe him.

They didn't exactly strike me as people who wanted this particular mystery to be solved.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:29 AM   #25
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
I think you can throw that segment in the "special circumstances," pile. Because the guy that came forward claiming his grandfather built it seemed to have compelling evidence that it was him. But the nuns chose not to believe him.

They didn't exactly strike me as people who wanted this particular mystery to be solved.
true, they wanted a stairway to heaven as the song says. I also thought the evidence was compelling that a migrant likely built the staircase. I hope to go see it one day!
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:20 AM   #26
rarjake
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 15, 2013
Posts: 108
Default

I have a few of them, the one that I thought could be solved
circleville writer. I know they arrested one person, but for real?

The Wackers - case is anther one

I can't remember the name of this gal, but she had a mental illness, and got stuck in the mud, had a mental breakdown. One night after leaving work she drove around, got stuck, and ever since was missing
rarjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 06:34 AM   #27
Mike82
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 19, 2017
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarjake View Post
I can't remember the name of this gal, but she had a mental illness, and got stuck in the mud, had a mental breakdown. One night after leaving work she drove around, got stuck, and ever since was missing
I believe you are referring to Kristi Krebs. Such a sad story all around and I am shocked to find out to this today no trace of her was ever found.
Mike82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:34 PM   #28
Labonte18
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 28, 2018
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarjake View Post
I have a few of them, the one that I thought could be solved
circleville writer. I know they arrested one person, but for real?

The Wackers - case is anther one

I can't remember the name of this gal, but she had a mental illness, and got stuck in the mud, had a mental breakdown. One night after leaving work she drove around, got stuck, and ever since was missing
Good ones. I'm with you on the Circleville writer. That's astounding they couldn't catch that person. I mean, the person even sent letters to UM.

Kristi Krebs.. Yeah, strange that no trace has been found. Pending on whether you believe it was her the cop gave a ride to. My feeling.. Cop was mistaken on who it was, it likely wasn't her, and she died of exposure/dehydration/starvation somewhere in the Jackson State Forest where her body remains to this day. I think somewhere, sometime in the future, someone finds a skull out there and this one is solved.

The Wackers.. Ok.. this probably won't be a popular thought.. But I wonder if they were doing this themselves. Noone EVER saw any evidence of this from what I recall.. An no motive was ever discovered as to why they would be harassed. This one just.. I WANT to believe them because they seem like such nice people.. Perhaps that's why a closer look should have been taken at them. And.. I'd be curious to know whether or not the harassment continued after Bill's death.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:03 PM   #29
rarjake
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 15, 2013
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Good ones. I'm with you on the Circleville writer. That's astounding they couldn't catch that person. I mean, the person even sent letters to UM.

Kristi Krebs.. Yeah, strange that no trace has been found. Pending on whether you believe it was her the cop gave a ride to. My feeling.. Cop was mistaken on who it was, it likely wasn't her, and she died of exposure/dehydration/starvation somewhere in the Jackson State Forest where her body remains to this day. I think somewhere, sometime in the future, someone finds a skull out there and this one is solved.

The Wackers.. Ok.. this probably won't be a popular thought.. But I wonder if they were doing this themselves. Noone EVER saw any evidence of this from what I recall.. An no motive was ever discovered as to why they would be harassed. This one just.. I WANT to believe them because they seem like such nice people.. Perhaps that's why a closer look should have been taken at them. And.. I'd be curious to know whether or not the harassment continued after Bill's death.

I 100 percent agree with you on them doing it to themselves. When did it end if ever? There are so many questions. Like the day the old lady lets a random person in to make a call. If someone was stalking you, you are an old lady alone, you let an unknown man into your house? And the "i was not listening"
Did the police ever check the telephone logs, check to see if a call was made, and to whom? Seems like it should be solved. The police never seemed to take their reports that seriously.
rarjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:42 AM   #30
sterek1974
Member
Occasional Poster
 
sterek1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 16, 2018
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 12
Default

There are 3 that I have thought they would solve and have not been...

1. The Mary Morris murders (because I doubt they were random)
2. The Eric Yamiyasu murder (I actually don't think any of the 3 guys did it...I suspect it's Diane's ex at the time. I think he was the one outside the house on the night of the date)
3. Can't remember her name but the woman who was looking for her music teacher that helped her out when she was a child.
sterek1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Lifetime

Lifetime Schedule / Lifetime Site

Escape Schedule / Escape Site


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.