Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

American Dad! Returns on TBS with New Episodes; Brady Bunch HGTV Series Underway
WLNY's The Odd Couple Marathon on New Year's; ABC Orders More Episodes of Most Comedies
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: The Conners Second Season Looking Likely; Apple to Produce New Peanuts Content
Fri-Yay: Where Will The Good Place Go Next?; Everything's Gonna Be Okay at Freeform
ABC Mid-Season 2019 Schedule; Amy Sedaris Laffer Returns Feb. 19 on truTV
ABC Picks Up Comedy Starring Lake Bell, Dax Shepard; EPIX Dark Comedy Gets 3rd Season

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-24-2018, 01:47 PM   #31
bip05
Frequent Poster

hey CD,

Love your blog and I'm grateful for the contributions you've made to us fans over the years.

Know anything about the Gary Mathias + 4 disappearances? This one sends chills down my spine and wondering if you've considered writing about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disapp...f_Gary_Mathias
Old 09-24-2018, 02:19 PM   #32
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bip05 View Post
hey CD,

Love your blog and I'm grateful for the contributions you've made to us fans over the years.

Know anything about the Gary Mathias + 4 disappearances? This one sends chills down my spine and wondering if you've considered writing about it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disapp...f_Gary_Mathias
Thank you so much bip05!

I have actually thought about writing about that case! it's so mysterious, troubling and sad! Thanks for the suggestion!
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:33 PM   #33
BlueGalexy
Frequent Poster

Hey CD...just wanted to give you a shout out and congratulate you on a most excellent blog! I particularly appreciated your articulate work on the Kerstetter case. I've followed that case for many years and have had the privilege of discussing it briefly with Penny on this very board. I truly appreciate that although you were obviously committed to reporting on the case objectively, you also remained sensitive towards Kerstetter's loved ones. Not an easy task when dealing with such difficult subject matter.

Two thumbs up CD! You've given us another example of what makes you one of this board's all stars IMO.
BlueGalexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 12:00 AM   #34
GDAWG
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn View Post
Todd Mueller.....thanks so much!! Your kind words mean a lot. Still one of my favorite posters...

TJ...wow your comments were humbling!!! I take your endorsement and kind words as a great compliment!!! You've been a great support through this and always and a great friend. Thanks so much!!!

Killarney Rose - Thanks so much! It means a lot when people say they look forward to reading future ones. I wish I could get them out quicker but with all the research, reaching out to people involved and waiting for them to respond it sometimes takes a while.

GDAWG - I am certainly open to writing ones about people later found alive and well, like I did with the Jon Bunting one. I think its interesting to examine all aspects of missing persons.

I'm hard at work on my next one and hope to have it written and posted soon. Its about another UM segment but I'll keep the topic a secret for now.
I hope you do more cases like Jon Bunting rather than the most known cases of people who disappeared but were later found alive such as the three Cleveland women, Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard. Those three cases got so much publicity that I think other cases of people who disappeared but were later found alive ended up on the backburner. It's nice that those 3 cases had happy endings, but so did others.
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:51 AM   #35
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGalexy View Post
Hey CD...just wanted to give you a shout out and congratulate you on a most excellent blog! I particularly appreciated your articulate work on the Kerstetter case. I've followed that case for many years and have had the privilege of discussing it briefly with Penny on this very board. I truly appreciate that although you were obviously committed to reporting on the case objectively, you also remained sensitive towards Kerstetter's loved ones. Not an easy task when dealing with such difficult subject matter.

Two thumbs up CD! You've given us another example of what makes you one of this board's all stars IMO.
BlueGalexy...thank you so much for the kind words!! I was glad to be able to get the more complete story of Dale Kerstetter in print as UM only gives you a taste of these cases and sometimes omits facts. Penny was fantastic and she helped to make the article as in-depth as it was. She recently spoke with the Bradford Era newspaper and they'll be doing an article on Dale based off of my article. That is great news as that will reach people who were around and worked with Dale at the time and maybe some more leads can be garnered there. Once again....thank you so much!!

GDAWG, yes I agree Jon's case is one that didn't get enough attention. I will definitely not be writing articles on cases that have been covered in every blog and podcast out there. My goal is to always track down family members and others closely involved in these cases although obviously this doesn't always happen for various reasons.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:57 AM   #36
crystaldawn

I just posted my latest article to my blog. Its about the disappearance of Clifford Sherwood and Georges Gumbley as shown on UM. I was able to speak with relatives of both boy's as well as a former PI who worked on the case. There is a lot of info in here not mentioned on UM so I hope you guys enjoy it!

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/rememb...eorges-gumbley
Old 09-27-2018, 09:51 AM   #37
Killarney Rose
Forum Regular

Headed off to read it!
Killarney Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:47 PM   #38
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I just posted my latest article to my blog. Its about the disappearance of Clifford Sherwood and Georges Gumbley as shown on UM. I was able to speak with relatives of both boy's as well as a former PI who worked on the case. There is a lot of info in here not mentioned on UM so I hope you guys enjoy it!

That torso that was found.. What happened to it? One would think that would have been buried or something.. There might be a possibility of performing DNA testing on it now.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:01 PM   #39
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That torso that was found.. What happened to it? One would think that would have been buried or something.. There might be a possibility of performing DNA testing on it now.
The torso was never mentioned again. A newspaper from Edmonton in 1991 said:

"Police however closed their case a while ago and recently the family was told the old records were all destroyed years ago."

I'm not sure if that refers to the torso but I would doubt it's still around over 60 years later. Yes I thought the same thing, DNA testing could confirm or eliminate if it was Clifford or Georges.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:14 PM   #40
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:

Dang, girl! How do you find all this new, extra information? Another really good and interesting article, CD.

This case is way more complicated than I thought. His dad sounds like a real piece of work. I still lean towards “Tex” taking Clifford, but the Georges part bugs me. I didn’t give it as much thought just based on the UM broadcast, but now it makes me wonder. I think Tex did something to Georges while taking Clifford, or the boys died accidentally together. Seriously weird case, though.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:25 AM   #41
benoitbabe
My My My
Frequent Poster

Awesome! Just added it to my faves.
benoitbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:47 AM   #42
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

How'd I miss this? Great job!
Old 10-02-2018, 03:53 PM   #43
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post
Dang, girl! How do you find all this new, extra information? Another really good and interesting article, CD.

This case is way more complicated than I thought. His dad sounds like a real piece of work. I still lean towards “Tex” taking Clifford, but the Georges part bugs me. I didn’t give it as much thought just based on the UM broadcast, but now it makes me wonder. I think Tex did something to Georges while taking Clifford, or the boys died accidentally together. Seriously weird case, though.
Aww thanks Todd! Yes even more complicated than UM showed. I'm starting to wonder if maybe they left together that day innocent enough but then Georges died accidentally and Clifford tracked his dad down because he was scared to go home and they were together for a while. Some of Clifford's family has said that Georges family accepted the remains as his; but Georges' family don't think that was the case.

BenoitBabe...thanks so much!

MozartPC...thank you!
Old 10-02-2018, 04:30 PM   #44
BlueGalexy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
I think of the Brian Shaffer case often. He was an Ohio State med student who disappeared just before he was supposed to propose to his gf. He drank a ton of liquor the night before his flight to Miami (presumably to propose) then he walked into one last bar with 2 friends after bar hopping. He never walked out, if the surveillance footage can be relied upon. He's never been seen since. A baffling case, even the 'most likely' scenarios don't make sense to me.
Jon, I too have thought of the Shaffer case frequently throughout the years. I can't explain why, but it's always seemed to strike a chord with me for some reason. I will say that since my own mother, who I was very close with, passed last year, my perspective on that element of the case have broadened somewhat.

If you're open to suggestions CD, I too would love to see your insights into the Shaffer case. In any case, keep up the good work!
BlueGalexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:42 PM   #45
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Aww thanks Todd! Yes even more complicated than UM showed. I'm starting to wonder if maybe they left together that day innocent enough but then Georges died accidentally and Clifford tracked his dad down because he was scared to go home and they were together for a while. Some of Clifford's family has said that Georges family accepted the remains as his; but Georges' family don't think that was the case.
That's a heck of a reach for 1954. If this were 2001.. I'd buy into this theory a little more. but.. 1954? I mean, calling long distance was a chore in and of itself at that time. Did Clifford hang out in the woods until his dad got there? I just can't get on board with this one.

The part where Georges and Clifford were talking and Butch had to leave.. Curious to know what they were talking about, what the conversation was leaning towards from Butch's perspective. Your writing paints a picture, the problem is the picture i'm getting is the three of them standing around and Georges and Clifford walking off and talking privately.. Which.. Could indicate plans to skip school to go fishing.

My biggest bet on this would be... they skipped to go fishing and wound up drowning. Second would be that Tex abducted Clifford and disposed of Georges.

Those two seem to be the best bets.. And the only reason the Tex one makes the list is that he seems to have been such a complete and total nutcase.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote