Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Mid-Season 2019 Schedule; Amy Sedaris Laffer Returns Feb. 19 on truTV
ABC Picks Up Comedy Starring Lake Bell, Dax Shepard; EPIX Dark Comedy Gets 3rd Season
Lifetime Brings in the Stars for Winter Movies; Celebs Line Up for CBS All Access' Twilight Zone
HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover
Fri-Yay: The Disappearing Art of the Holiday Episode; The Simpsons Turns 30 Years Old with Specials on Fox and FXX


New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2017, 09:21 PM   #106
RobinW
Member
Senior Member
 
RobinW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2010
Posts: 1,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
Is that ME to be trusted? I feel like they really needed a second opinion.
I always thought the ME, Lester Adelson, seemed pretty eccentric in his UM interview, but for what it's worth, it seems like he was a fairly respected guy in his field:
http://journals.lww.com/amjforensicm..._2006_.13.aspx

But I still think Adelson could have missed something and a second opinion would have been nice.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:26 PM   #107
Steve W.
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 03, 2010
Posts: 869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
I always thought the ME, Lester Adelson, seemed pretty eccentric in his UM interview, but for what it's worth, it seems like he was a fairly respected guy in his field:
http://journals.lww.com/amjforensicm..._2006_.13.aspx

But I still think Adelson could have missed something and a second opinion would have been nice.
If his birth year is correct, he would have been 66 or 67 years old when he performed the autopsy and 73 or 74 when he appeared on UM. I certainly believe that it's possible he missed something or didn't make use of all of his resources when testing for drugs and alcohol.
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:58 PM   #108
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
I always thought the ME, Lester Adelson, seemed pretty eccentric in his UM interview, but for what it's worth, it seems like he was a fairly respected guy in his field:
http://journals.lww.com/amjforensicm..._2006_.13.aspx

But I still think Adelson could have missed something and a second opinion would have been nice.
Damn, he died in 2006.

Since Kurt was found days later, I wonder if it was hard for him to get a proper report? I feel like if he found Kurt earlier, then maybe he would've had a better finding? I'm not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W.
I certainly believe that it's possible he missed something or didn't make use of all of his resources when testing for drugs and alcohol.
This is what I think also. Especially if he had outdated methods.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 10:48 AM   #109
jeff3crown
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 26, 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2
Default

This is such a fascinating case. I live in Cleveland and am very close to Newburgh Hts. I drove by there everyday on my way to work. I am so tempted to go down there and raid the police station. Ha! My opinion about what happened is simple. Kurt was drinking all day. Not only that but he was drinking Everclear. Ouch! He stepped up his level of drinking when he went to the house party. He got reeling drunk. The residents of the house...Debbie Sams and Clayton Sams dealt with the situation of Kurt being sick by having him sleep it off in the basement. Kurt wasn't getting better. After a few days of covering for Kurt in the hope he would rebound and then head back home...he perished. I am thinking he lasted about 3 days. The residents freaked. They came up with a plan to ditch the body. They didn't want to get into trouble. Done. And so damn sad. I have researched this case and located Debbie Sams and her brother Clayton on Facebook. That's right. Both of them are on Facebook. It's incredible. Debbie's last name is now Seymour.

There are even a few photos posted by Clayton on one of his pages that are from the early 80's. You see a young Debbie and Clayton in one of the photos standing in the house where this happened!!! Then in the comment section of the Facebook photo you have Debbie saying this:

"that was a long time ago... man I'm glad we got out of there...lol"

...then Clayton responds: "me too."

Creepy as hell. Wow.

Does anyone have the guts to reach out to one of them??? I thought about it but didn't have the courage. Chances are that even if you did reach out to them there is no way they would respond. That is my opinion.
jeff3crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:01 PM   #110
JC1957
Member
Frequent Poster
 
JC1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 25, 2014
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff3crown View Post
This is such a fascinating case. I live in Cleveland and am very close to Newburgh Hts. I drove by there everyday on my way to work. I am so tempted to go down there and raid the police station. Ha! My opinion about what happened is simple. Kurt was drinking all day. Not only that but he was drinking Everclear. Ouch! He stepped up his level of drinking when he went to the house party. He got reeling drunk. The residents of the house...Debbie Sams and Clayton Sams dealt with the situation of Kurt being sick by having him sleep it off in the basement. Kurt wasn't getting better. After a few days of covering for Kurt in the hope he would rebound and then head back home...he perished. I am thinking he lasted about 3 days. The residents freaked. They came up with a plan to ditch the body. They didn't want to get into trouble. Done. And so damn sad. I have researched this case and located Debbie Sams and her brother Clayton on Facebook. That's right. Both of them are on Facebook. It's incredible. Debbie's last name is now Seymour.

There are even a few photos posted by Clayton on one of his pages that are from the early 80's. You see a young Debbie and Clayton in one of the photos standing in the house where this happened!!! Then in the comment section of the Facebook photo you have Debbie saying this:

"that was a long time ago... man I'm glad we got out of there...lol"

...then Clayton responds: "me too."

Creepy as hell. Wow.

Does anyone have the guts to reach out to one of them??? I thought about it but didn't have the courage. Chances are that even if you did reach out to them there is no way they would respond. That is my opinion.
Well, you're probably right.
JC1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:47 PM   #111
JustVisiting
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 05, 2017
Posts: 39
Default

Can you post the facebook links? Maybe we can come up a message to send and I'd be willing to send it.

Any ideas?
JustVisiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:47 PM   #112
JohnUM
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 13, 2018
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustVisiting View Post
Can you post the facebook links? Maybe we can come up a message to send and I'd be willing to send it.

Any ideas?
This. Why not link it? I pm you
JohnUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 06:25 PM   #113
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnUM View Post
This. Why not link it? I pm you
Me 3
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 11:13 AM   #114
jeff3crown
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 26, 2018
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2
Default

Here is the Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/deborah.seymour.737?fref=ufi

Crazy right? I think that Debbie is the one referred to as Susan in the UM episode. There are a few questions I'm sure a lot of people want to ask this lady. Am I right?
jeff3crown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:43 PM   #115
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff3crown View Post
Here is the Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/deborah.seymour.737?fref=ufi

Crazy right? I think that Debbie is the one referred to as Susan in the UM episode. There are a few questions I'm sure a lot of people want to ask this lady. Am I right?
Bummer Kurt died partying with a bootleg Roseanne.

Thanks for the link, very interesting, but I doubt she's going to answer any questions.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:34 AM   #116
Axl Rose
Curtains For Cathy
Frequent Poster
 
Axl Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2016
Posts: 65
Default

I used to believe Kurt never left and was in the basement the whole time. Now that just sounds stupid to me.

Even if they wanted to avoid any trouble from calling 911 or taking him to a hospital they could have taken him to his house, dropped him off on the porch, knocked, and got out of there.

Trying to nurse him in the basement then dumping his body behind your house seems like the dumbest course of action.
__________________
BORED? TIRED? Try L7 - Reject All American
It's not a problem you can stop It's rock n' roll
Axl Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:03 PM   #117
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
I used to believe Kurt never left and was in the basement the whole time. Now that just sounds stupid to me.

Even if they wanted to avoid any trouble from calling 911 or taking him to a hospital they could have taken him to his house, dropped him off on the porch, knocked, and got out of there.

Trying to nurse him in the basement then dumping his body behind your house seems like the dumbest course of action.
Some people just ain't ****
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:04 AM   #118
Crimejunky
comes from homespun whimsey
Frequent Poster
 
Crimejunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 30, 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
Trying to nurse him in the basement then dumping his body behind your house seems like the dumbest course of action.
Well, these are teenagers/young adults involved in this. They don't tend to make the smartest decisions.
Crimejunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:06 AM   #119
Crimejunky
comes from homespun whimsey
Frequent Poster
 
Crimejunky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 30, 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 33
Default

Does anyone else think it's possible that the "Detroit Crazy" was the adult who agreed to buy the Everclear for Kurt? Maybe that's how he was able to guess that they'd find him dead. Just a thought.
Crimejunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:30 AM   #120
JC1957
Member
Frequent Poster
 
JC1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 25, 2014
Location: Midwest USA
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimejunky View Post
Does anyone else think it's possible that the "Detroit Crazy" was the adult who agreed to buy the Everclear for Kurt? Maybe that's how he was able to guess that they'd find him dead. Just a thought.
Certainly a possibility there or maybe the everclear was already at the party and "Detroit Crazy" knew that Kurt had consumed quite a bit. Nonetheless did the police ever investigate him? Or if they did, not nearly enough?
JC1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Lifetime

Lifetime Schedule / Lifetime Site

Escape Schedule / Escape Site


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.