Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover
Fri-Yay: The Disappearing Art of the Holiday Episode; The Simpsons Turns 30 Years Old with Specials on Fox and FXX
Loudermilk Returns for Season 3 on Audience Network; Syfy's 23rd Annual Twilight Zone New Year's Eve Marathon
The Good Place Gets 4th Season; Nick's Henry Danger Turns 100
The Office Starts Jan. 1 on COZI TV; The Good Place Star to Host TBS Game Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-08-2018, 10:38 AM   #256
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
I'm bumping because this thread was being discussed in another thread so it got me intrigued.

I couldn't get through the whole thing, but I tried. Can't believe some of the stuff I came across...my only other thought is that I hope the many people who were in the path of this man's chaos and destruction are doing well today and able to cope with the trauma in their past, and leading healthy lives.

well said. and to reference the other thread. I don't find this thread to be memorable because it's a joke or to make light of people being abused. I find this thread memorable because people came forward and shared their story about an abusive person who was arrested, escaped from jail, and has been at large for many years. many of us come back here to help find criminals so that victims can have closure. This thread shows where many posters on this board have stood up for victims and not allowing for a criminal and an abusive person to get off of the hook because of the notion that a young victim was to blame for it. I am so sick of this mind set as well as hearing people perpetuate that type of mentality. I hope that we continue to have shows like UM where we go after criminals who abuse other people in a violent manner.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:26 AM   #257
Steve1990
Frequent Poster

Does anyone think Randall committed suicide? I just don't believe a guy like him has what it takes to be on the run for this long.

Last edited by Steve1990; 10-31-2018 at 12:56 AM.
Steve1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:22 AM   #258
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1990 View Post
Does anyone think Randall committed suicide? I just don't believe a guy like him has what it takes to be on the run for this long.
That has crossed my mind before. I just don't know how well off his family was which could have supported him on the run. Then again it could be another Donald Eugene Webb situation where he's hiding out in plain sight with a family member.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 10:41 AM   #259
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci View Post
This thread was a great trip down memory lane...

To answer a legal question, egswango was correct. If Randall escaped while he was awaiting trial, the statute of limitations would be tolled because there is an active warrant for his arrest.

And even IF Denise is a big old whore, it in no way excuses Randall for his actions. Everyone makes mistakes. Just suck it up and take responsibility. Sheesh. It's not rocket science, people.
Yeah, the person who made this comment about how she might have slept with three guys in one night and therefore she deserved it really shows you something about society.

She owns her own body and has a perfect right to sleep with however many people she wants to. It's her business. To use that as justification for what this cat did is insane.
Old 11-04-2018, 05:48 PM   #260
Jon
Forum Regular

Can we keep bumping this thread just because I love the title? I chuckle every time I see it
Jon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 01:38 AM   #261
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

Hey now let's not call each other whores
Old 11-14-2018, 05:37 PM   #262
SPD Yellow
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
That has crossed my mind before. I just don't know how well off his family was which could have supported him on the run. Then again it could be another Donald Eugene Webb situation where he's hiding out in plain sight with a family member.
I agree with the suicide theory. If the family was slipping Randall cash to finance a life on the run, I just don’t think they could manage to keep it under wraps as long as they have. The guy’s been on the run for what has to be either nearly two decades or possibly more than two decades. At some point, I think the authorities would pick up on a money trail. Even if they avoided using checks or electronic banking and stuck to cash, wouldn’t they notice a pattern of massive withdrawals and get curious? Even if Randall didn’t stay in a location for long and he stuck to using a PO Box and they made sure to make withdrawals at different intervals every year, I think at some point they would get caught. I see nothing to indicate that these people are criminal masterminds, so the likelihood that they would slip up and make mistakes seems even higher. Even smart criminals get sloppy over time.
SPD Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:46 PM   #263
ontarioboi
Frequent Poster

but he killed an immigrant right? US police forces tend not to take killings of immigrants and minorities as seriously, not all but its still a significant amount.
ontarioboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:20 PM   #264
JC1957
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarioboi View Post
but he killed an immigrant right? US police forces tend not to take killings of immigrants and minorities as seriously, not all but its still a significant amount.
??? I sure don't remember anything about that.
JC1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:08 AM   #265
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC1957 View Post
??? I sure don't remember anything about that.
I have not heard that either. Regarding your US Police Forces comment Ontarioboi...Has he done something else that is not known to the public while on the run? That is a bold comment to make regarding this thread, unless I am missing something regarding further crimes committed. I think if Randall had killed someone he would be hunted more seriously by the U.S. and there would be less people on here defending him. For me that is true, but also sad because he could have killed Denise or other women during his violent episodes.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:17 AM   #266
JC1957
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!! View Post
I have not heard that either. Regarding your US Police Forces comment Ontarioboi...Has he done something else that is not known to the public while on the run? That is a bold comment to make regarding this thread, unless I am missing something regarding further crimes committed. I think if Randall had killed someone he would be hunted more seriously by the U.S. and there would be less people on here defending him. For me that is true, but also sad because he could have killed Denise or other women during his violent episodes.
I think ontarioboi is barking up the wrong tree.
JC1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:26 PM   #267
StackTime
Here's the kicker Frank
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarioboi View Post
Are you thinking of the Richard Bocklage case?
StackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:39 PM   #268
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackTime View Post
Oh good call. I did not make the connection like you did. I guess nerdy possessive boyfriend can speak for more than 1 case. certainly wish Richard was brought to justice. such a terrible crime, also a domestic violence case where the perpetrator blames his actions on others. Although our country and justice system is far from perfect, surely his morbid actions do not reflect us as a whole.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:52 PM   #269
ontarioboi
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackTime View Post
omg yes my bad for confusing the 2, Just realized "nerdy possessive" boyfriend an refer to more than 1 case. My apologies.
ontarioboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:57 AM   #270
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!! View Post
Oh good call. I did not make the connection like you did. I guess nerdy possessive boyfriend can speak for more than 1 case. certainly wish Richard was brought to justice. such a terrible crime, also a domestic violence case where the perpetrator blames his actions on others. Although our country and justice system is far from perfect, surely his morbid actions do not reflect us as a whole.
Randall Utterback and Richard Bocklage's names always go hand in hand for me as far as being criminals who are too stupid to succeed in hiding on their own. Although Bocklage had the added advantage of disappearing in 1980, when fleeing to a different country was much easier, like Brad Bishop 4 years earlier. He's a bigger question mark for me in terms of wondering if he's still alive or not.

I feel Utterback IS alive, and his sorry excuse for a family (who still laughably believe he didn't do any of the countless things he got arrested for) are helping him stay hidden. They definitely know where he is.

If you REALLY want to split hairs in terms of boyfriend status, Randall was the more nerdy and more possessive of the two. He wasted no time trying to control every aspect of Denise's life just two weeks in to their romance, nearly succeeded at destroying her relationship with her family and used any type of emotional manipulation to get her back when she eventually dropped him, getting more psycho every time it didn't work.

Richard, on the other hand, wanted to have fun with Tanya and blow off his schooling. When he flunked out of college as a result, he blamed the entire world but himself and felt they had to pay. It wasn't just Tanya he then went after. He also would have killed the Dean of Admissions at the University of Missouri if he hadn't been out all day in meetings. He was at times possessive during his relationship with Tanya but sounded more guilty of mooching off her money and harping her to fix all his problems that arose after he blew off his responsibilities.

Richard was a evil narcissist. Randall was a psycho whack job.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote