Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Where Will The Good Place Go Next?; Everything's Gonna Be Okay at Freeform
ABC Mid-Season 2019 Schedule; Amy Sedaris Laffer Returns Feb. 19 on truTV
ABC Picks Up Comedy Starring Lake Bell, Dax Shepard; EPIX Dark Comedy Gets 3rd Season
Lifetime Brings in the Stars for Winter Movies; Celebs Line Up for CBS All Access' Twilight Zone
HBO Comedy Crashing Returns for Season 3; Nick Sitcom Starts Jan. 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of December 10, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix Pays $100 Million for Another Year of Friends; Reboots of Night Gallery and New York Undercover

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/16 - Man with a Plan - Season One
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
12/04 - Family Guy - Season Sixteen
12/04 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Sixth Season
12/18 - Our Cartoon President - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-23-2015, 11:07 AM   #136
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebZissel
Sorry guys,

The nice high school/college girls aren't always so innocent. I even bet their relationship wasn't platonic. It takes two to tango.

She had a brain of her own too.

Those 18 year old girls aren't always so innocent. They dated for a year. She lived with him and used him.

Randall definitely took the situation to an extreme, but Denise wasn't just some innocent girl.
So that warrants being abused and threatened with a gun? As I recall she isnt the criminal he is. If she was as devious as his supporters claim all he had to do was move on with his life and look to date a person of his age. That probably would have worked better.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:10 AM   #137
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
And we only have her story and her testimony.

What about others who claim Denise stalked him and was constantly stirring up drama?

The car chase - did that actually happen the way it was portrayed or are we basing it solely on what Denise said? I believe it is the latter.
Well when he turns himself in to authorities for escaping from jail and faces the charges that were filed against him by authorities maybe we will get his side of the story and we can revisit the topic. I cannot defend a fugitive and he deserved the portrayal he got!! And it's not like these are alleged only...he was charged was he not?
Old 06-23-2015, 11:34 AM   #138
wiseguy182

Quote:
Originally Posted by James T
The worst one was that British guy who killed his wife & kid & his parents defended him despite his ludicrous behaviour & story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Entwistle
Oh, I'm familiar with that one. Itís on a 20/20 episode I have. Killing his wife was bad enough, but he had to be particularly evil to shoot his baby like that, she couldnít have been more than a handful of months old.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 02:42 PM   #139
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
So that warrants being abused and threatened with a gun? As I recall she isnt the criminal he is. If she was as devious as his supporters claim all he had to do was move on with his life and look to date a person of his age. That probably would have worked better.
Yeah but that would have involved using logic and sense. And those weren't exactly strengths of his.

It doesn't matter if she was the biggest user on the planet. Nothing justifies what he did and the lengths he went to. He gets zero sympathy from me.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:20 PM   #140
MegtheEgg86

I may be out of line for asking this, but Reb, is there some personal reason you are so adamant in defending Randall Utterback?

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:25 PM   #141
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Not at all. I am not defending him, but I believe Denise earned her fair share of the blame for this whole situation.
So you do think she is to blame for the crimes committed against her?
Old 06-23-2015, 08:37 PM   #142
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Of course not. Randall took it to an extreme.
But you assert that Denise "earned her fair share of the blame", and that she is "culpable".

Interesting.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:52 PM   #143
dynoguy88

Did you ever have the urge to bang your head against the wall? This thread kind of makes me want to.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:30 AM   #144
Spark Of Spirit
Forum Regular

Quote:
The UM segment was certainly biased in Denise's favor.
No one was stopping Randall from telling his side of the story.
ďA thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.Ē
― G.K. Chesterton
Spark Of Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:40 AM   #145
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark Of Spirit
No one was stopping Randall from telling his side of the story.
That's my problem with this whole argument. Of course there are almost always two sides to every story. But we only have one side because the criminal chose not to face the justice system. So now all of those that support him can't even do it if they wanted to(legally). Typing support for him for on a computer behind closed doors doesn't hold any weight. What holds weight for me is that he's caught or turns himself in and then those supporters testify under oath and we hear his story under oath as well. Until then he's nothing more than a cowardly criminal and Denise is the innocent victim.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #146
LGraves65
Frequent Poster

I'm starting to think Reb IS Randall Utterback.
LGraves65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:35 AM   #147
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:

Nerdy? Doesn't sound like it. It sounds like he was a cool older guy in town.
Ok I get that....and the portrayal does make him nerdy or maybe cool as you say if you like UMs own Matthew Mac dazed and confused guy...there's always one. I don't see that as a manly trait but to each their own. And I'm sure like someone else already pointed out....people that liked him may have watched it and got upset with what they saw.

With that said I still don't have a problem with UM's portrayal even if it was biased because he is a fugitive. Like many other fugitives profiled they got a one sided story based on the knowledge of the laws that were broken and other accounts that were given at that time. And then of course the show is a production that has to reach viewers so there is show biz factor.

I can't recall many people rushing to the support of other fugitives that were profiled(other than maybe family members). in some stories people that liked the fugitive were the ones that did the right thing and turned them in so that justice could be served.
Old 06-24-2015, 11:46 AM   #148
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
Did you ever have the urge to bang your head against the wall? This thread kind of makes me want to.
I'm doing my best to stay out of it.

But yes. You're not alone.

LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:47 PM   #149
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Randall would be 53 this year and I believe that looking back on his 30 year old self he realized he made five mistakes.

1- He fell head over heels in love with a cute 18 year old high school girl.

2- He should have realized that she was probably using him for money and a place to live, for rides, and so forth.

3- If she was as manipulative and conniving as those from the town who knew her described her, then he should have stayed away.

4- Confronting her the first time after chasing her car, which I believe was just an ongoing pattern of fighting and making up, was a mistake. I am convinced that she just chose to call the police then because she wanted him to suffer.

5- Confronting her the second time was a major mistake. Even if she did carry a gun, Randall bringing a gun was a mistake. Also- in court she admitted that they spoke before they got into the car together and she agreed to marry him. So did she embellish the danger of the car ride? Randall wanted to make up and get back together and was dramatic enough to tell her that without her he had no reason to live. Foolish, but he was desperate. My instinct tells me they partly made up but then she called the police even after she said she would marry him before the car ride as she stated in court.
6. Escaping from jail and not defending his case if he had a leg to stand on. Or just admitting his mistakes and facing the punishment. By now his time would be served and he'd be back to crashing HS proms legally.
Old 06-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #150
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I think we all DO have an understanding of the Utterback case. I've said this in other threads, in addition to this one:

I don't care if Denise is the biggest whore on the block and ran around naked in all her glory all the live long day for everyone to see. I don't care if she WAS a manipulative eighteen year old who promised him the world to get what she wanted. At the end of the day, it does not matter. She did not deserve what happened to her.

Does Randall Utterback have a side in the story? Of course he does. But instead of choosing to face his charges AND TELL THAT SIDE OF THE STORY, he ran away and hid. So no one knows what his defense would have/ could have been. I've worked both sides of the table in criminal matters. Defense attorneys (myself included) have planted reasonable doubt in the mind of jurors with the "ehh, she's a big slut" defense.

While we're so busy pointing the finger at Denise, did anyone ever stop to consider the fact that Randall was considerably older than her? Even IF Denise was the terrible person that some on here have painted her out to be, shouldn't Randall (in his 12+ years more life experience) have caught onto that and stopped associating with her? Stopped giving her money? Stopped supporting her and giving her a place to live? Instead, he chose to stalk and terrorize her.

He gets no sympathy from me. While I respect the opinions of those who think that he was just some "poor schmuck in love who got burned by a femme fatale," the fact of the matter is that one person and one person alone is responsible for what happened: Randall Utterback. HE kidnapped Denise. HE stalked her. HE terrorized her.

I'm baffled that there's argument going the other way. At the end of the day, just own your actions. He chose to run away instead.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote