Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

NBC Fall Pilot Review: I Feel Bad - Premieres Wednesday (Sept. 19); 70th Annual Primetime Emmy Award Winners
Married with Children Now on WGN America; black-ish Enters National Syndication and Free Sneakers Contest
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of September 17, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Orders Script for Designing Women Reboot; James Marsden and Ed Asner Cast in Netflix Series
Fri-Yay: A Look at the Upcoming Sitcom Slate; TV Guide's 1st Annual 100 Best Shows List
Dancing with the Stars Season 27 Cast Has Sitcom Stars; The Young Sheldon STEM Initiative
Critics' Choice Awards Set for January on The CW; IFC Sets New Episodes for Documentary Now!
NBC Orders More Brooklyn Nine-Nine; Disney Gets Another Multi-Cam Sitcom

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

08/07 - Happy Endings - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
08/15 - A.P. Bio - Season One
08/28 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Five
08/28 - Man Seeking Woman - The Complete Third Season
09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-06-2017, 06:58 PM   #1
SarcasticBella
Frequent Poster

Default Georgia Boyd

Has anyone gotten to this episode yet? Or remember it? It has to be by far one of the strangest episodes I've seen.

This was the story of a man searching for his wife's family but knew little about her past. The one relative he did meet, other than her children, was called Granny. She however was not a blood relative. He found out soon after they met that she was a dancer at a night club, and had ties with a gang back in Atlanta.

After they moved in together, she would lock herself away in the house during the day, with the blinds closed, and would only answer the phone for him.

The man was in the military, and even when they would move, it appears she was still being stalked.

The couple eventually got married and had 2 sons together, but she died of a brain annurysm (sp?) at just 22.

After her death, he tried to find out about her path, but got nowhere. He was given a phone number of a man who was supposedly her father, but upon calling this guy up, found out he had no children.

When he returned to Augusta to the club she worked at, the owner claimed to know nothing about her, and everyone in town told him to drop the investigation.

He was able to reconnect with his stepdaughter's father, and some of her family in the update they showed, but there were still zero updates about her past and who she really was other than the fact that her real name was Edith.

Anybody have anymore information on this case?
SarcasticBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:22 PM   #2
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcasticBella
Has anyone gotten to this episode yet? Or remember it? It has to be by far one of the strangest episodes I've seen.

This was the story of a man searching for his wife's family but knew little about her past. The one relative he did meet, other than her children, was called Granny. She however was not a blood relative. He found out soon after they met that she was a dancer at a night club, and had ties with a gang back in Atlanta.

After they moved in together, she would lock herself away in the house during the day, with the blinds closed, and would only answer the phone for him.

The man was in the military, and even when they would move, it appears she was still being stalked.

The couple eventually got married and had 2 sons together, but she died of a brain annurysm (sp?) at just 22.

After her death, he tried to find out about her path, but got nowhere. He was given a phone number of a man who was supposedly her father, but upon calling this guy up, found out he had no children.

When he returned to Augusta to the club she worked at, the owner claimed to know nothing about her, and everyone in town told him to drop the investigation.

He was able to reconnect with his stepdaughter's father, and some of her family in the update they showed, but there were still zero updates about her past and who she really was other than the fact that her real name was Edith.

Anybody have anymore information on this case?
I watched this one today, too. It had been a while since I'd seen it, and I'd kind of forgotten about the bizarre update in which her husband was able to link up with her family, but almost nothing was mentioned about her past.

I suspect the part about her being involved with the Devils Disciples at one point was probably one of the only true things she ever told him.

I used to live outside Ft Gordon; my ex-husband was stationed there for a while. Pretty nice place, really, although I've heard the areas outside CONUS military posts in the '70s were universally pretty scuzzy.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:37 PM   #3
SarcasticBella
Frequent Poster

Thanks MegTheEgg. I agree, that lady had a whole bunch of crazy stories. She talked about being terrified about her daughters father, but he seemed pretty harmless on the update. Though I could be completely wrong on that. I think she also mentioned being part Cherokee Indian through her fathers side and that also turned out to be a lie.

The actress they got to play her though was awful. Especially in that scene where they were being chased by the gang...

*bumper gets tapped*
"Oh my God! They're right on us!!"
"...Yeah, I think he knows."
Old 06-07-2017, 12:50 AM   #4
amandab1234
Forum Regular

Just watched this one. Maybe Georgia was schizophrenic? Either way she had some kind of mental issue. She could've been a runaway as well. Seems like she was a teen mom so maybe her family disowned her?
amandab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:12 AM   #5
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandab1234
Just watched this one. Maybe Georgia was schizophrenic? Either way she had some kind of mental issue. She could've been a runaway as well. Seems like she was a teen mom so maybe her family disowned her?
Welcome back, AmandaB! Have you gone into the back room yet?
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:40 PM   #6
amandab1234
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
Welcome back, AmandaB! Have you gone into the back room yet?
Hey man... I can't go in the backroom.. I didn't see nothing!*runs away*
amandab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:57 PM   #7
SarcasticBella
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I lean away from the schizophrenia aspect only because her paranoia seemed to stem from a real fear. We saw her being followed by the gang, and the guy who attempted to break into her house. So I get why she was paranoid. I just don't understand the lying. It appeared that she was quite the pathological liar sadly.
Old 06-10-2017, 01:59 PM   #8
dynoguy88

Quote:
I lean away from the schizophrenia aspect only because her paranoia seemed to stem from a real fear. We saw her being followed by the gang, and the guy who attempted to break into her house. So I get why she was paranoid. I just don't understand the lying. It appeared that she was quite the pathological liar sadly.
I agree. Schizophrenia also doesn't explain why everyone in that town refused to reveal any information about Georgia to her husband.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #9
idol
Forum Regular

They claimed even the PD told Daryl to get out of town and stop asking questions, truly bazaar, she had kids young, sounds like she had a tough childhood and/or teenage years and got caught up in drugs, gangs and possibly prostitution. Gotta give Daryl credit for sticking it out...
idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:49 PM   #10
Necco

Quote:
It is possible to be both pathologically paranoid AND have people out to get you. The latter could certainly influence the former. Blair Adams is another case that I think actual bad guys and mental illness may have played a part.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:17 AM   #11
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

Quote:
*stops at foot of the stairs*

"Whut happened to you?"
Old 06-14-2017, 11:30 AM   #12
Hops3098
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlerSparkler
*stops at foot of the stairs*

"Whut happened to you?"
Oh this??? This happened hours ago!
Hops3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:00 PM   #13
Hops3098
Forum Regular

The fact that everyone was telling him to stop looking for her an leave was what made this segment so bizarre to me.

On one hand, I completely understand the owner of the Go-Go Bar reacting that way.. Young servicemen "fall in love" with dancers like Georgia/Edith everyday and I'm sure can be a nuisance when they come around during the day looking for something real and they aren't simply enjoying the evening fantasy and emptying their wallets.

But the other dancers who knew Daryl wasn't just some flake saying the same thing- to drop it and leave town? The Police department??? The local TV station??? Ex Go-Go dancer or not, its so strange.

All that being said, could this be a case where UM simply played up the mysterious angle? In the original segment, there wasn't an interview with anyone other than Daryl. Not so much as even the semi-regular RS mention that such and such department declined to participate in this story.

Not that I think Daryl was lying about anything, but maybe there were legit reasons why the TV station and/or local Police were not especially helpful.

What happened to her is definitely sad, and I'm not trying to victim shame, but she clearly had a chaotic life. I mean she had 6 children by 3 men by the time she was 22 years old. Moving around the country with 2 small children depending on the kindness of strangers like "Granny" and working in the adult entertainment industry. I think she was extremely lucky to find Daryl, and honestly the first husband from the update seemed to be a pretty decent guy too. (at least 20 some years later)

I wish the update had divulged more detail and "solved the Mystery" instead of the typical LL reunion, but I guess that's just me the viewer being selfish. The fact that daughters got the opportunity to meet their biological father is really what matters most.
Hops3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:53 PM   #14
soilentgreen
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops3098
The fact that everyone was telling him to stop looking for her an leave was what made this segment so bizarre to me.

On one hand, I completely understand the owner of the Go-Go Bar reacting that way.. Young servicemen "fall in love" with dancers like Georgia/Edith everyday and I'm sure can be a nuisance when they come around during the day looking for something real and they aren't simply enjoying the evening fantasy and emptying their wallets.

But the other dancers who knew Daryl wasn't just some flake saying the same thing- to drop it and leave town? The Police department??? The local TV station??? Ex Go-Go dancer or not, its so strange.
Just random speculation, but in line with her claims of involvement with a 1% gang, it's possible that she was a police informant or at the least she was believed to be one by acquaintances (which could explain the harassment). Possibly she said things to make herself more mysterious and interesting.

If she did suffer from an aneurysm (I don't recall if it mentioned what was the underlying cause of her death), would it have affected her personality prior to the noticeable symptoms (the severe headaches) manifesting?
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 02:11 PM   #15
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Just watched this for the first (or maybe the 2nd?) time today - damn this was bizzare.

Dereld's recollection about two guys in suits coming to visit Georgia in the club one night and then another incident where they were chased by bikers on their way out leads me to two possibilities - either she ran away and the FBI or whoever was trying to turn her (and she didn't want to play) or she ran away and *was* informing to the feds. Though exactly *who/what* she was running away from and *why* is still a big unknown (a biker gang running drugs/guns?)

That the TV station wouldn't show her picture more than once and the police chief telling Dereld to just forget about it (along with everyone else) would seem to speak to some kind of high-level manipulation/interference
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote