Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms Questions and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Comedy Central Gets Friday Talk Show; The Goldbergs Actress Releases Music Video
Fox Fall 2019 Premiere Dates; FX Sets Dates for Fall 2019 Schedule
Barney Miller Summer Fridays on Antenna TV; Tyler Perry Studios Takes Over BET with New Series
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of June 24, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mark-Paul Gosselaar Cast in black-ish Spinoff; Urkel Makes a Return in Scooby Doo
Fri-Yay: The Amazing Superstore Season 4 Finale; Netflix Has Healing Powers
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Returns with "Modern" Twist; Showtime Is Back to Life For New Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May/June)

Evening Shade - The Complete Collection Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two

04/02 - Archer: Danger Island - The Complete Season Nine
04/09 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fifth Season
04/12 - Evening Shade - The Complete Collection
04/16 - The Big C - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #31
JulieSomoski
Roseanne Reboot - March 27!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamoon
Looks like FOX has decided to throw the towel in for the fall after attempting and failing the past couple years haha

I still wish we had "Back to You" around, it would be so much better than "'Til Death"
At least Back to You was stable enough to be paired with another show. If I were the cast and crew of Brothers right now, I'd be scared as heck being paired with Til Death

Watch:

Medium, Fridays at 9pm, on CBS!
Big Bang Theory, Mondays at 9:30pm, on CBS!
The Mentalist, Thursdays at 10pm, on CBS!
Old Christine, Wednesdays at 8pm, on CBS!
ABC's Comedy Lineup, Starting Wednesdays at 8:30pm, on ABC!
JulieSomoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 01:52 AM   #32
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieSomoski
There isn't none. Maybe Pavan can explain - you said Reilly said why Dance is on the schedule, but you didn't tell us why.

They'd be better off getting in Past Life in the fall, and getting in another season of Hell's Kitchen for midseason. When airing in the summer, HK and Dance get around the same ratings. But, HK's demo is usually higher. HK has proven it can do good (especially demos) airing in one of the toughest timeslots, but I don't think Dance will be that lucky.
Dance is on the schedule to try and have a more balanced scheduled and a direct timeslot holder for American Idol. Previously, Fox had to move stuff around to make room for Idol.

I think I said this already, there will be another season of Hell's Kitchen after this upcoming cycle from July-Oct. It's just not scheduled yet.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:35 PM   #33
Jude The Obscure
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieSomoski
At least Back to You was stable enough to be paired with another show. If I were the cast and crew of Brothers right now, I'd be scared as heck being paired with Til Death

Doesn't the name of this sitcom strike anyone as ironic?
Jude The Obscure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:36 PM   #34
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude The Obscure
Doesn't the name of this sitcom strike anyone as ironic?
LOL - that joke is never going to get old. Any show paired up with Til Death should be shaking in their boots
Old 05-19-2009, 11:37 PM   #35
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Dance is on the schedule to try and have a more balanced scheduled and a direct timeslot holder for American Idol. Previously, Fox had to move stuff around to make room for Idol.

I think I said this already, there will be another season of Hell's Kitchen after this upcoming cycle from July-Oct. It's just not scheduled yet.
You did, but I was just using my logics. While bringing in Dance may sound logical for that reason, I just don't see it working out for them. It's just taking up more room for other shows, including their new dramas, which could be airing instead.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:42 PM   #36
TV DVD Fan

Fox is simply stupid (I would use another word but then I'd probably be banned from SO ). They don't know how to retain good shows (like the recently canceled Sarah Connor Chronicles), don't know how to find audiences for the aforementioned shows, and put all of their time, energy and focus onto promoting the stupid shows like 'Til Death and the shows that don't need promoting in the first place (OK, we get it, American Idol airs on your network! Promote an unknown show like Sarah Connor or last year's underdog Back to You and understand the fact that Idol doesn't need promotion--- it'll always have a HUGE audience!). In the end, they just want to keep on the same old stupid, drawn out, played out shows that nobody really cares about anymore. That's why Fox, as a network, has gotten worse over the years. Viewership is good for shows like 24 and Lie to Me, but I guarantee you more people are tuned into NBC and CBS every night...

I do have to hand it to Fox on Glee, that was a pretty awesome pilot especially for a show that's about a glee club--- but in true Fox fashion, that show will probably eventually be axed for more 'Til Death or a new comedy starring a sports superstar who can't act to save his life.

What fools these mortals be.

Sarah Connor: Maybe if you spend your life hiding who you are, you might finally end up fooling yourself.

- From the episode "Gnothi Seauton."
TV DVD Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:05 AM   #37
JulieSomoski

I loved Glee tonight. The music was awesome. It definitely is going to be a promising contender next season. I hope ratings were good.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:19 AM   #38
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

I don't see Glee working. If it were on the Disney Channel maybe.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #39
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Glee bombed. Less than 50% retention out of Idol and fell big time at the half. I actually liked the show but it had some problems to me and I did see it as kind of a limited premise.

Well there just went FOX Fall.

FOX -- GLEE -- 7.1/11 HH, 5.0/13 A18-49, 12.518 million viewers
FOX -- GLEE -- 5.2/8 HH, 3.7/9 A18-49, 8.971 million viewers
Old 05-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #40
JulieSomoski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent88
Glee bombed. Less than 50% retention out of Idol and fell big time at the half. I actually liked the show but it had some problems to me and I did see it as kind of a limited premise.

Well there just went FOX Fall.

FOX -- GLEE -- 7.1/11 HH, 5.0/13 A18-49, 12.518 million viewers
FOX -- GLEE -- 5.2/8 HH, 3.7/9 A18-49, 8.971 million viewers
I think it has room to grow. I wouldn't call it a bomb - it's average was somewhere around 9.7 million in finals I believe, and a 3.9 demo? That's about the same thing Fringe was getting after Idol.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:29 AM   #41
Buffyboy323

Wow. Is this the best FOX can do? I'll be watching "Glee" and "Dollhouse" in the fall. "The Wanda Sykes Show" will probably grab my attention too. I think she's hilarious. I'll check out American Idol in January, but I've become so bored with it, I'll probably just fast-forward through the whole season, like I did this year...if I feel up to it.

And it's a shame King of The Hill is gone.
Buffyboy323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:12 PM   #42
Brent88
Forum Veteran

Fox will premiere the bulk of its schedule prior to the official start of the 2009-10 season, including new musical comedy "Glee" and cult drama "Dollhouse."

In addition, the network has set Saturday, Nov. 7 as the premiere date for its new weekly late night series, "The Wanda Sykes Show."

As for primetime, Fox will roll out four nights of programming between Sept. 12 and Sept. 18, allowing it to get much of its lineup in place before Nielsen begins officially keeping tabs on seasonal ratings Sept. 21. Fox has gotten a head start on its premieres in past years as well, so the strategy isn't a surprise.

While Saturday unscripted shows "Cops" and "America's Most Wanted" will debut new episodes Sept. 12, Fox's first big premiere night is Wednesday, Sept. 16. That's when "Glee" has its official series premiere.

"Glee," which had a successful sneak preview last month, will air at 9 p.m., behind the fall season premiere of "So You Think You Can Dance."

The next night, Sept. 17, Fox's new Thursday lineup premieres, with "Bones" at 8 and sophomore thriller "Fringe" at 9.

Fox's quasi-premiere week wraps Sept. 18 with the second season debut of Joss Whedon's "Dollhouse" at 9. New comedy "Brothers" and returning half-hour "'Til Death" air at 8 and 8:30 p.m., respectively.

The network kicks off the official premiere week Monday, Sept. 21 with a two-hour episode of "House." Sophomore drama "Lie to Me" moves into its new 9 p.m. Monday slot on Sept. 28.

"Hell's Kitchen" will still be in original episodes on Tuesdays come fall, and it will serve as a lead-in to the Tuesday edition of "Dance" starting Sept. 29.

Fox's final premieres will be its Sunday animated shows, which this year return on Sept. 27. In addition to "The Simpsons," "Family Guy" and "American Dad," the block will now include "The Cleveland Show" at 8:30 p.m.

Saturday, Sept. 12
8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT Cops (Season Premiere)
8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT Cops (All-New Episode)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT AMERICA’S MOST WANTED (Season Premiere)

Wednesday, Sept. 16
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT So You Think You Can Dance (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT GLEE (Series Premiere)

Thursday, Sept. 17
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT BONES (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT Fringe (Season Premiere)

Friday, Sept. 18
8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT BROTHERS (Series Premiere)
8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT ‘Til Death (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT Dollhouse (Season Premiere)

Monday, Sept. 21
8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT House (2-Hour Season Premiere)

Sunday, Sept. 27
8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT The Simpsons (Season Premiere)
8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT THE Cleveland Show (Series Premiere)
9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT Family Guy (Season Premiere)
9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT American Dad (Season Premiere)

Monday, Sept. 28
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT House (All-New Episode)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT LIE TO ME (Season Premiere)

Tuesday, Sept. 29
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT HELL’S KITCHEN (All-New Episode)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT So You Think You Can Dance (Time Period Premiere)

Tuesday, Oct. 27
8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT So You Think You Can Dance (Time Period Premiere)

Saturday, Nov. 7
11:00 PM-Midnight ET/PT THE WANDA SYKES SHOW (Series Premiere)

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/tvbizwir...house-earl.php
Brent88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:25 PM   #43
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Here is the press release:

FOX ANNOUNCES FALL PREMIERE DATES FOR THE 2009-2010 SEASON
NEW COMEDY "GLEE" DEBUTS WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16
NEW FAMILY COMEDY "BROTHERS" TO PREMIERE FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18
NEW ANIMATED SERIES "THE CLEVELAND SHOW" TO DEBUT SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 27
NEW SATURDAY LATE-NIGHT ENTRY "THE WANDA SYKES SHOW" (working title) DEBUTS SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 7

FOX has set the fall premiere dates for its new and returning series. The 2009-2010 season will kick off Wednesday, Sept. 16 with the sixth season premiere of SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT), followed by the highly anticipated series premiere of GLEE (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), the biting new comedy for the underdog in all of us that features a soundtrack of hit songs from past and present. On Thursday, Sept. 17, fan favorite BONES (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) and the second thrilling season of FRINGE (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) return. BROTHERS, the new family comedy starring Michael Strahan, premieres Friday, Sept. 18 (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT) followed by the return of 'TIL DEATH (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) and the second season premiere of Joss Whedon's DOLLHOUSE (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT).

HOUSE jumpstarts its sixth season with a special two-hour premiere Monday, Sept. 21 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). Sunday, Sept. 27 marks the return of ANIMATION DOMINATION with the amazing 20th season premiere of THE SIMPSONS (8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT), the series premiere of THE CLEVELAND SHOW (8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT) and the season premieres of FAMILY GUY (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT) and AMERICAN DAD (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT). The second season of hit drama LIE TO ME will premiere Monday, Sept. 28 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE will air two nights per week when the original dance competition has its time period premiere Tuesday, Sept. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), and later expands to two-hour performance shows beginning Tuesday, Oct. 27 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT). In addition, new Saturday late-night entry THE WANDA SYKES SHOW (working title) debuts Saturday, Nov. 7 (11:00 PM-Midnight ET/PT).

Premieres of new series and returning favorites are listed below in chronological order.

Saturday, Sept. 12
8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT COPS (Season Premiere)
8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT COPS (All-New Episode)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT AMERICA'S MOST WANTED (Season Premiere)

Wednesday, Sept. 16
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT GLEE (Series Premiere)

Thursday, Sept. 17
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT BONES (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT FRINGE (Season Premiere)

Friday, Sept. 18
8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT BROTHERS (Series Premiere)
8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT 'TIL DEATH (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT DOLLHOUSE (Season Premiere)

Monday, Sept. 21
8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT HOUSE (2-Hour Season Premiere)

Sunday, Sept. 27
8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT THE SIMPSONS (Season Premiere)
8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT THE CLEVELAND SHOW (Series Premiere)
9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT FAMILY GUY (Season Premiere)
9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT AMERICAN DAD (Season Premiere)

Monday, Sept. 28
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT HOUSE (All-New Episode)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT LIE TO ME (Season Premiere)

Tuesday, Sept. 29
8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT HELL'S KITCHEN (All-New Episode)
9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE (Time Period Premiere)

Tuesday, Oct. 27
8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE (Time Period Premiere)

Saturday, Nov. 7
11:00 PM-Midnight ET/PT THE WANDA SYKES SHOW (wt) (Series Premiere)
Old 06-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #44
JulieSomoski

Question Pavan: I was watching Dont Forget the Lyrics on Friday, and I noticed they mentioned twice during commercials that they were looking for new contestants for the show's upcoming season.

So, does this mean it hasn't been cancelled? Presumably both this and 5th Grader were cancelled, but maybe not afterall. Both would still work as filler/summer shows . . . I didn't really see why they cancelled them in the first place.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:49 PM   #45
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

I don't think they are coming back. These were taped a long time ago. 5th Grader will be in first-run syndication this fall.