Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 19, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: ABC Buys Rural Comedy From "Liberal Redneck" Trae Crowder; Crossover Event Planned for Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon
Fri-Yay: An Appreciation for Mike Schur's Comedies; IFC Acquires Pee-wee's Playhouse
Drunk History and Corporate Return in January; Jim Gaffigan Returns with Comedy Central Special
The Dick Van Dyke Show and I Love Lucy in Color on Dec. 14; The CW Sets January 2019 Premiere Dates
getTV 2018 Holiday Marathons Schedule; truTV Comedy Returns for 3rd Season
Freeform and ABC's 2018 25 Days of Christmas Schedule; The CW Orders Full Seasons of All Freshman Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection Alice - The Complete Eighth Season Step by Step - The Complete Third Season

10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 6th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 7th Season
10/02 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 8th Season
10/02 - Ghosted - The Complete First Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Community - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/23 - Alice - The Complete Eighth Season
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Two
10/24 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season Three
10/31 - The Bad News Bears - The Complete Series - All 26 Episodes
11/01 - Episodes - Season 5
11/05 - Robin Williams - Comic Genius (includes Mork & Mindy)
11/06 - American Dad! - Volume 13
11/20 - Step by Step - The Complete Third Season
11/27 - What I Like About You - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-21-2008, 10:13 PM   #16
asquinas
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Third Man
Sheriff's Capt. Lou Smit, who helped in the investigation, questions whether Williamson lost his memory. He said the abandoned rental car contained whiskers from Williamson's beard, which lab technicians found had been cut with scissors.

"He probably was changing his appearance," Smit said.

Williamson had $ 2,500 in cash when he disappeared and may have wanted to flee an overwhelming obligation of his new business. The couple had sunk all they owned into the fish farm and had borrowed another $ 400,000.

Investigators also question Williamson's apparent selective memory, noting the phone calls to his wife and ex-wife.

Smit said the truth will be known only if Williamson, who did not respond to a reporter's phone call, divulges it.

"I think it lies only in Craig's head," he said.

Investigators say they will investigate the allegations of assault only if Williamson wishes. They doubt he will.

Otherwise, "There's no crime here," Smit said. "People can just disappear and cause a lot of work for a lot of people if they want to."

Good ole Lou Smit. He was also brought in as a PI in the JonBenet Ramsey case.
asquinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #17
freshwater
Frequent Poster

Could it be.....?

Clintonville fish farm destroyed in blaze
By The Associated Press
Nov. 24, 2008 | Clintonville - A fish farm has been destroyed by fire in Waupaca County.

A large building housing tanks of fish caught fire late Sunday night near Clintonville.

No one was injured.

Fire departments from Clintonville, Bear Creek and Navarino responded to the blaze in the Town of Matteson.
freshwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 11:30 PM   #18
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

So, was he really weirding out on a train, or did the guys who told that story get some information from elsewhere? The things they had him saying about the fish couldn't have been just invented by anyone who didn't know his situation.

Did he really have a new girlfriend? It seems suspicious that a guy so messed up he didn't even know who he was would be able to sustain a relationship, but of course some women will go out with anything.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #19
Wamisto
Frequent Poster

Two thoughts occurred to me: 1. It is probably not a good idea to get married a month after you meet someone - especially when you have tried your hand at marriage once before and failed (you may need a little more time to better inform yourself about the other person and therefore make a wiser choice). 2. I don't think Christine really knew as much about Craig as she thought. I think her conviction that he was "the most sincere, caring, loving person" and "wonderfully supportive" man was based on a fantasy, what she wanted to believe, and was not necessarily based on all that there was to him. I am sure he showed a lot of love and care and support, but I am sure that was mixed in with a lot that was not so good, and that he hid from her (and/or that she chose to ignore to preserve her fantasy - it is amazing what wishful thinking will have you believing). At least, that is the impression I got in watching this segment.

Personally, I believe he staged everything. I am also suspicious of the eyewitness account. What was that case where that woman disappeared, and some trucker said he gave her a ride quite a few months after the disappearance, with a description and information too uncanny to be anyone but her, when in reality, as the update told us, she actually committed suicide three days after she disappeared? He was so convinced - and yet, he was wrong. Most such "eyewitnesses" interviewed by UM turn out to be mistaken.

I didn't get too far into this segment before I said to myself, "this seems like a dicey situation and a couple of people who don't really seem to have it all together". I feel bad for Christine, but not necessarily Craig. If you really did get amnesia, and your wife shows you the marriage certificate to educate you on the fact you are married, why not break up with your girlfriend and go back with her? Unless, of course, you staged your own disappearance for whatever reason and deliberately chose to leave your previous life and your wife and take up with a new woman.
Wamisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #20
crystaldawn

Well granted the update was not what I expected and a disappointment but I have a hard time thinking that Craig orchestrated it. After all, he left his children and other family members, not just Christine. Plus when they interviewed Craig in the update, he did seem distant like he had sustained a brain injury. I feel so bad for Christine. It was obvious how devoted she was to him and went to great lengths to find him. I wonder if they still keep in touch.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:28 AM   #21
Apostapler
Forum Regular

IIRC, Craig was the one that contacted UM. Am I wrong?

I believe the guy, I just feel sad for Christine.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:21 AM   #22
Allierain
Happy Stack!
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamisto
Personally, I believe he staged everything. I am also suspicious of the eyewitness account. What was that case where that woman disappeared, and some trucker said he gave her a ride quite a few months after the disappearance, with a description and information too uncanny to be anyone but her, when in reality, as the update told us, she actually committed suicide three days after she disappeared? He was so convinced - and yet, he was wrong. Most such "eyewitnesses" interviewed by UM turn out to be mistaken.

I didn't get too far into this segment before I said to myself, "this seems like a dicey situation and a couple of people who don't really seem to have it all together". I feel bad for Christine, but not necessarily Craig. If you really did get amnesia, and your wife shows you the marriage certificate to educate you on the fact you are married, why not break up with your girlfriend and go back with her? Unless, of course, you staged your own disappearance for whatever reason and deliberately chose to leave your previous life and your wife and take up with a new woman.
I just watched the segment for the first time in awhile and I don't think it all adds up either. His memory was lost, yet he was working as a diver in Florida and had a new girlfriend. Maybe he had hit a point where he could pick up his life and go on even though his memory was lost. Did he lose his memory only partially? Can you get a job doing something like diving if you don't know who you are? Maybe he forgot just the most recent years of his life, I don't know.

I did remember seeing the recorded update between the two when they met again. She was very emotional, but he seemed much more nonchalant about the whole thing.

(I do want to emphasize that this is entirely my opinion based on what I saw in the segments. TV gets edited, facts can be presented wrong, and my comments are not meant to be mean in nature)
Allierain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #23
Wamisto
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostapler
IIRC, Craig was the one that contacted UM. Am I wrong?
Yes, but as one poster pointed out, when you are profiled on UM, you know it is only a matter of time before someone turns you in or reports your whereabouts. Better to report yourself than allow another to. If you report yourself, you can stand by your ruse. If you keep quiet and in the meantime let someone else do it, it looks more suspicious, like you don't want to be found.
Wamisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 06:29 PM   #24
egswanso
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartpc27
Was it just me, or did this whole story smack of someone who thought he was ditching a woman he didn't want to be with and perhaps an overcommitted financial situation (setting up a fish farm ain't cheap, I'm sure), only to find himself (oops!) the subject of a segment on Unsolved Mysteries? Then, having some sense of decency, he called and blamed the problem on "amnesia."

Amnesia, to me, is one of those things so rare that I'm always a little suspiscious when I see someone claiming it happened in real life (and this is not to belittle those who do experience this terrible thing --- I am sure, when it does happen, it is all too devestating). It's much more frequent as a TV plot device than a legitimate condition.
Certainly possible. It's especially odd given that, if I remember right, he remembered certain parts of his past life, but didn't make any attempt to discover the truth... methinks that real amnesics (of whom I can't think are that many) WANT to find out who they are. He didn't seem to care...
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #25
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Very interesting what of Christine and Craig now?

Was that their old fish farm that burned down?
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:03 AM   #26
idol
Forum Regular

When he was found in Florida was he going by the name of Craig Williamson? It was mentioned he woke up in a hospital at somepoint with the name 'Ron' on his wristband. I don't know how to go on this case, I'm 50/50.
idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #27
Apostapler
Forum Regular

I still believe him. He gained absolutely nothing from doing this...and unlike a few people with amnesia that was profiled on the show, he wasn't wanted for anything.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #28
asmitty
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamisto
Yes, but as one poster pointed out, when you are profiled on UM, you know it is only a matter of time before someone turns you in or reports your whereabouts. Better to report yourself than allow another to. If you report yourself, you can stand by your ruse. If you keep quiet and in the meantime let someone else do it, it looks more suspicious, like you don't want to be found.
While I can see why it would throw suspicion off of you to call in yourself and report your whereabouts, I don't see how not reporting yourself makes you look guilty. Honestly, what % of the population watches a show like UM on a regular basis even when it was on prime time tv. I did, but I didn't know anyone else personally who did. How hard would it have been for him to simply deny that he knew about the broadcast if he didn't report himself and someone else did?
asmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:12 PM   #29
Wire
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostapler
I still believe him. He gained absolutely nothing from doing this...and unlike a few people with amnesia that was profiled on the show, he wasn't wanted for anything.
He gained a new life in a new location with a new woman.

I laugh so hard every time this story airs. Nobody can be that clueless.
Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:05 AM   #30
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Wasn't there an article that stated that Williamson's beard trimmings were found in his abandoned vehicle? Trying to alter your appearance is not on the top of your list if you are suffering from amnesia. I think the fish farm (and the marriage) was a rushed, bad idea and Craig wanted out without hurting Christine's feelings.

Last edited by TheCars1986; 11-12-2011 at 11:40 AM.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote