Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Current Dramas/Dramedies > Stranger Things

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Patricia Heaton Eyes a Return to TV With CBS Sitcom; VEI Announced Bad News Bears TV Series DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Superstore Season 4 At the Top of Its Game; Freeform's New Kickoff to Christmas Event
Showtime Isn't Kidding About Season 2 of Kidding; TBS Gets Another Unscripted Comedy
The CW Bulks Up for Next Summer; FX Brings Back Mr Inbetween for Season 2
CBS Announces Cast for The World's Best; Bravo Gets Anthology Series
News From 2018 New York Comic Con: Stan Against Evil, Lore, Siren, Riverdale and More!

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-28-2018, 09:11 PM   #31
Penny Lane
Aidan Turner-ON
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
That makes sense. It'll be fun seeing Eleven trying to adjust to a high school setting.

Millie Bobby Brown(Love her name!) is actually 14 years old and younger than the others so she could still be young enough. Maybe they will make her look older?
Old 05-09-2018, 05:40 PM   #32
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Francesca Reale Set to Recur in "Stranger Things" Season 3
by Denise Petski
May 9, 2018

"Hater’s Back Off" star Francesca Reale has been cast in a major recurring role on the upcoming third season of Netflix's "Stranger Things".

Reale will play Heather, a popular lifeguard at the Hawkins Community Pool who becomes the centerpiece of a dark mystery.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/stranger...ff-1202386517/
Attached Images

JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 08:44 AM   #33
Videoranger007
Forum Regular

First season was great, second was "meh", wont watch third and beyond. Way overhyped series.
Old 05-16-2018, 09:23 PM   #34
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran

On the third episode of James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction titled Monsters, one of the things they talk about is Stranger Things.
Both James Cameron and Steven Spielberg are fans and praise it.
The creators of Stranger Things talk about the movies that influenced their writing of the show. Winona Ryder's character was directly influenced by Richard Dreyfuss' character from Close Encounters, they said the Christmas lights are her mashed potatoes.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:08 PM   #35
Penny Lane
Aidan Turner-ON
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
On the third episode of James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction titled Monsters, one of the things they talk about is Stranger Things.
Both James Cameron and Steven Spielberg are fans and praise it.
The creators of Stranger Things talk about the movies that influenced their writing of the show. Winona Ryder's character was directly influenced by Richard Dreyfuss' character from Close Encounters, they said the Christmas lights are her mashed potatoes.
Ha ha That makes sense! Close Encounters is one of my top 10 favorite movies. No wonder I was attracted to Stranger Things!
Penny Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:21 PM   #36
Jamey Greek
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWayFilms
I'm also very excited about season 3. Such a great show and I'm really surprised a show like this is ONLY a Netflix original.

It's just meant to be!
Old 05-16-2018, 11:22 PM   #37
Jamey Greek
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG
Cary Elwes and Jake Busey join Season 3.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/18/stranger...es-jake-busey/

I have mixed emotions about Cary Elwes playing the mayor. I was really hoping Corbin Bernsen would get the role. I even told him on Facebook he would be perfect for that. As I see some shades of Arnie Becker in him.
Jamey Greek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:26 PM   #38
Jamey Greek
Forum Regular

ST needs its own message board on here
Jamey Greek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:46 AM   #39
Penny Lane
Aidan Turner-ON
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey Greek
ST needs its own message board on here
I agree! But I don't know how to do that. Who gets message boards started? TJ?
Old 05-18-2018, 10:58 PM   #40
Torgo
Art by me
Forum Veteran

My mother-in-law and wife pretending they're on Stranger Things. My mother-in-law stole Dustin's hat.

Torgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:18 PM   #41
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

"Stranger Things" Books Set for Fall Debut from Penguin Random House
by Greg Evans
June 8, 2018

Penguin Random House will partner with Netflix on a worldwide publishing deal for books based on the critically acclaimed Netflix original series "Stranger Things", Deadline has learned.

The first two titles, set for a release this fall, will be a behind-the-scenes companion book and a hardcover gift book for young readers. The companion book will be titled Stranger Things: World Turned Upside Down: The Official Behind-The-Scenes Companion.

The as-yet-untitled gift book will offer “advice, wisdom, and warnings from the Stranger Things world,” says the publisher.

Those two books will be followed next spring by a "Stranger Things" prequel novel, written by author Gwenda Bond, about Eleven’s mother and the MKUltra program.

Additional titles for both adults and young readers will arrive later in 2019.

The "Stranger Things" books will initially release under the U.S. and British Commonwealth publishing teams of Del Rey Books, Random House Children’s Books, Cornerstone Publishing, and Penguin Random House Children’s UK, with additional territories and imprints to follow.

Audiobook editions will be published by Penguin Random House Audio.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/strange...ut-1202405836/
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:37 PM   #42
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever

I just binge-watched seasons one and two of Stranger Things this week, after it was recommended to me by a friend. I definitely enjoyed both seasons, although I think season one was better, and had fewer plot holes. Still, both seasons held my interest, and I look forward to watching season three next year.

I definitely like the '80s feel of the show, which feels very authentic: from the Pee Chee folders and Trapper Keepers to the crappy way everyone treats each other.
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #43
Penny Lane
Aidan Turner-ON
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGuy2000
I just binge-watched seasons one and two of Stranger Things this week, after it was recommended to me by a friend. I definitely enjoyed both seasons, although I think season one was better, and had fewer plot holes. Still, both seasons held my interest, and I look forward to watching season three next year.

I definitely like the '80s feel of the show, which feels very authentic: from the Pee Chee folders and Trapper Keepers to the crappy way everyone treats each other.

I agree. Binge watching is the way to watch the series. It keeps the flow going and you can keep the story moving along. I watched it the first time in segments and got quite confused but the second and third times I watched several episodes together. The parts that I got lost in the first time gelled by watching it straight through. I agree that season 1 was better but I did enjoy both. I hope that the Duffer Brothers can keep it going as well and not get too "techy". As far as I know the series will have jumped a couple of years because the kids were growing up and not looking their ages. So I wonder how that will be carried through. I'm so looking forward to season 3 (2019).
Old 06-08-2018, 02:38 PM   #44
RetroGuy2000
Julie,Julie Anne,&Felice 4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
I agree. Binge watching is the way to watch the series. It keeps the flow going and you can keep the story moving along. I watched it the first time in segments and got quite confused but the second and third times I watched several episodes together. The parts that I got lost in the first time gelled by watching it straight through. I agree that season 1 was better but I did enjoy both. I hope that the Duffer Brothers can keep it going as well and not get too "techy". As far as I know the series will have jumped a couple of years because the kids were growing up and not looking their ages. So I wonder how that will be carried through. I'm so looking forward to season 3 (2019).
I can definitely see getting confused if you're watching it in segments. It's definitely binge-worthy.

I don't mind them flashing forward a couple of years, as long as they explain what happened during the years we didn't see, preferably via flashbacks, like they did during the first few episodes of season two, where they explained what happened after season one. I probably will miss the kids biking everywhere, unless they keep that during the high school years.

This series is a lot of wish fulfillment, for me: it's how I'd like to remember the 1980s (monsters excluded), rather than how the 1980s really were. And that's one reason I enjoy it so much!
RetroGuy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote