Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Music
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: An Early Look at What's Coming and Going for Next Season; Trial & Error Gets New Murderer for Second Season
Fri-Yay: What Show Could Use a Revival?; Trial & Error Adds Kristin Chenoweth for Season 2
NBC Picks Up 4th Season of Comedy; WE tv Acquires Madam Secretary
MeTV Network Makes Spring Change; Freeform Orders Pilot from Paul Feig
Antenna TV Adds More Alice in April; Andi Mack Gets 3rd Season on Disney
Decades Acquires Newhart Starting March 2018; Santa Clarita Diet Brings Out More Stars for Season 2
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 19, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix's Disjointed to End After One Season; Will & Grace Revival Coming to DVD
Fri-Yay: Is the Era of the "Sadcom" Over?; TBS Lands Pilot from Emmy Winner
The CW to Expand to 6 Nights; Netflix Gets 5th Season of Grace and Frankie
CBS Renews Digital Sitcom; Judy Greer Is Not Kidding, She Joins Jim Carrey Comedy

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)

Trial & Error - The Complete First Season Superior Donuts - Season One Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season

01/09 - Girlfriends - The Complete Series
01/16 - Trial & Error - The Complete First Season
01/22 - Superior Donuts - Season One
01/23 - Baskets - The Complete Season Two
02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-23-2009, 09:18 AM   #121
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity
Viking metal rules. \m/ \m/

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.
Red face Avenged Sevenfold

More pics:

Below, Synyster Gates plays a Schecter guitar with a Confederate Stars & Bars design, in honor of Dimebag Darrell, who sported a similar design on his Dean and Washburn guitars ten years before. Dime did this to show his Southern pride, not because of supposed "racism", as some more PC types would have one believe. He was not about that at all. Much controversy about the origin and purpose of the flag rages on, but Dime did not subscribe to any racist intent.
Attached Images

Last edited by ABlairican Pie : 05-06-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #122
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Location: Celebrating the holiest holiday of the year, Monday, June 6, as we honor Slayer and all metal, with plenty of pizza, beer, and sacrificial goats. Life is good.
Red face Ozzfest 2006: Disturbed

Once again, Disturbed made an appearance on the Ozzfest 2006 Mainstage, like a repeat from 2003 when they played. They seem to be one of the bands
who've played most frequently for as long as the festival has been running, at
least since 1999 or 2000. But let's face it, their nifty brand of regurgitated NU-"metal" really wasn't what was happening anymore, like it was a few years
before. But you couldn't tell that from the crowd. They were pretty much thrilled, and I guess we didn't have much choice. I thought they were pretty cool back in the day, something different, but now, it's all same old, same old that was cool five minutes ago and counting.

The band was touring behind last year's album, 'Ten Thousand Fists', which featured their cover of "Land of Confusion" by Genesis. The band had been busy in the past several months, playing the Jägermeister Music Tour with Corrosion of Conformity, and were set to headline their own Music As a Weapon Tour with bands Flyleaf, Stone Sour, and Nonpoint, as well as heading over to fulfill previously postponed European dates when lead vocalist
Dave Draiman required surgery to repair his severely strained vocal cords that had been damaged from long periods of his familiar shrieky, raspy voice and drinking excessively. The surgery was a success, and the lead singer has experienced no further problems with his voice, though he admits he has had to cut back on his drinking.

Interestingly, Draiman became one of the few defenders of musical file sharing
which had become a serious bane to musicians and the record industry in recent years. He criticized the legal action the music industry was taking to
prosecute illegal downloaders:

"This is not rocket science. Instead of spending all this money litigating against kids who are the people they're trying to sell things to in the first place, they have to learn how to effectively use the Internet. For the artists, my ass...I didn't ask them to protect me, and I don't want their protection."

Also, he stated that he was "Very positive about the internet, Napster. I think it's a tremendous tool for reaching many more people than we ever could without it. When you release music you want it to be heard by people. Artists really want to have their music heard. They want to have their creation heard by people. Nothing is going to do that better than Napster. I can't tell you how many kids have come up to me and said, 'I downloaded a couple of tunes off Napster and I went out and bought the album.' Or they say, 'I want to come see you play.' I don't really make money off of record sales anyway."
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2009, 09:15 AM   #123
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Cool Disturbed

Even though I've moved on from Disturbed , as it was several years ago that I was interested in them, the video for their version of "Land Of Confusion" has cool animation and makes a statement against war and the corruption of power:

Land Of Confusion
originally by Genesis

I must've dreamed a thousand dreams
and Been haunted by a million screams
But I can hear the marching of feet
Moving into the street

Now did you read the news today?
They say the danger's gone away
But I can see the fires still alight
Burning into the night

There's too many men, too many people
Making too many problems
And there's not much love to go around
Can't you see this is a land of confusion?

Ah Ah Ah Ah

This is the world we live in
(ohh ohh oh)
And these are the hands we're given
(ohh oh)
Use them and let's start trying
(ohh ohh oh)
To make it a place worth living in

Oh, superman, where are you now?
When everything's gone wrong somehow
The men of steel, these men of power
Are losing control by the hour

And this is the time, this is the place
So we look for the future
But there's not much love to go around
Tell me why this is a land of confusion

Ah Ah Ah Ah

(ohh ohh oh)
(Ohh oh)
(ohh ohh oh)
To make it a place worth living in

I remember long ago
When the sun was shining
And all the stars were bright
All through the night
In the wake of this madness
As I held you tight
So long ago

I won't be coming home tonight
(sha sha)
My generation will put it right
(sha sha)
We're not just making promises
(sha sha)
That we know we'll never keep

There's too many men, too many people
Making too many problems
And there's not much love to go around
Can't you see this is a land of confusion?

Ah Ah Ah Ah

Now, this is the world we live in
(ohh ohh oh)
(ohh oh)
(ohh ohh oh)
To make it a place worth fighting for

(ohh ohh oh)
And these are the names we're given
(ohh oh)
Stand up and let's start showing
(ohh ohh oh)
Just where our lives are going to

Ah Ah Ah Ah

Land Of Confusion:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/di...sion/285109305

The original 'Land Of Confusion' video by Genesis:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq7FKO5DlV0

Attached Images

Old 04-26-2009, 11:48 AM   #124
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Red face Ozzfest 2006: System Of a Down

The co-headliner of the Ozzfest 2006 Mainstage was System Of a Down, a widely anticipated favorite (but certainly no match for either the mighty Maiden or the powerful Priest). The audience was certainly thrilled to see them, though I wasn't, as much as I thought their political and social views were important, I didn't get much into their music. It just seemed all contrived to be weird and quirky. But everyone else got into it. Fans were singing along to their songs, sometimes I just felt it was like, here's the tortured teen anthem thing again... I don't know, for some reason I wasn't really in the best mood, I think it was because their set started late and I was hoping the bus shuttles to the the Auburn Supermall wouldn't leave too early, because we had Ozzy to come on next. Plus, I was crossing my fingers that it wouldn't rain, because I'd have to walk the rest of the way home in that, but fortunately, the weather held up.

The set was interesting, I guess, they had this one screen which seemed to show a sort of modern art piece with a non-representational, abstract series of images during their show. They played all their big favorites, but sometimes I felt like the set was going on a little too long. Not metal. Sorry.

But everyone had better enjoy them now, because after this, the band was going to begin a long extended hiatus. Was the band breaking up?
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2009, 08:24 AM   #125
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Red face System Of a Down

More pics:
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2009, 08:32 AM   #126
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Red face System Of a Down

More pics:
Attached Images

Old 04-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #127
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Red face Ozzfest 2006: OZZY.

Finally, the headliner, Ozzy, made it to the stage. It had been a long time since I had seen him solo, without Black Sabbath, and frankly, it was a major letdown. After a video montage of his solo career from the early 80's to now,
sort of like "opening credits", the Ozzman hopped onto the stage, and wow, was it embarrassing. He was dressed in white, with big floppy pants and shirt, like an oversized Good Humor suit, and trotted around just like an old man dancing and prancing about like he had just won a round of shuffleboard on a cruise ship. Seriously, there was very little that was metal about his look or appearance. It was so disappointing. So this is what all those chumps in the upper lawn section were waiting for all day and all night, missing all the action on the Second Stage? The Prince of Fing Darkness looked more like the Dunce of Freaking Dorkiness.

The band, which featured Zakk Wylde on guitar, former White Zombie bassist Blasko, and former Faith No More drummer Mike Bordin, played Ozzy's songs in a strange key which made it sound like something different than what I was familiar with on the albums. Why was this? Perhaps they had to play in another key so Ozzy could sing it--he apparently couldn't sing in the original key, because he cannot sing that high anymore. As evidenced by his abysmal performance singing "Dirty Women" by Black Sabbath just on this same White River stage the year before. Ozzfest 2006 had opened the tour here in Auburn, so we were lucky that this was going to be one of his "better"
nights (couldn't say what the rest of the tour was going to be like).

Some of the songs featured various video montages on the screen, such as "Mr. Crowley" showing a dizzying blur of arcane occultic symbols, and
"Suicide Solution" showing a series of thrill-seeking, death-defying activities such as skydivers tumbling out of a plane, motorbike riders at a motorcross, and the like. In addition to a version of his Black Sabbath hit "Paranoid", they also played another Sabbath tune, "Into the Void".

There were no shady schenanigans from $haron, allegedly, on this tour, but speaking of bassist Blasko and Bordin the drummer, it was common knowledge that she had put them up to duplicate the bass and drum parts on a "remastered" version of 'Blizzard of Ozz', since she did not want to pay royalties to bassist Bob Daisley and drummer Lee Kerslake, who originally played the rhythm section parts, since she disliked them. Her reasoning was,
why pay them royalties on the album if the remastered version doesn't have them on it? So Blasko and Bordin became their hired goons. The original bass and drum parts by Kerslake and Daisley were erased and replaced with Bordin's and Blasko's parts. Kerslake and Daisley unsuccessfully
tried to sue for back royalties. Strangely, Daisley has remained one of Ozzy's writing and musical partners over the years since his dismissal from the band in the early 80's, and has sporadically taken over the drumkit over the years.

Some of the photos below were taken during his Second Stage sets. In one, he sprays the crowd with a water cannon:
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2009, 09:30 AM   #128
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Red face Ozzy

I haven't been able to find too many other pictures of Ozzy at Ozzfest 2006.
I've read somewhere online at this festival it seems that maybe $haron and her goons were trying to clamp down on the number of unauthorized images of her chubby hubby that were making it out of the festival that year, as I understand.

Or maybe that people just didn't give a crap anymore.

Second stage photo:
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2009, 09:30 AM   #129
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Red face Ozzfest 2006: Final thoughts

So this was another passable Ozzfest, several good bands, others that I could
care less about. With the exception of DragonForce, none of the Mainstage bands really impressed me. The real action was on the Second Stage, where the pits were and where you got a chance to expose yourself to something new. It made a striking difference between what was cutting edge in music and metal, and what was predictable and commonplace on the mainstage. Bigger names = "what was really happening" (but really wasn't) in metal. Disturbed?? They've been so five years ago. Their stuff has long been irrelevent ever since sNUze-"metal" dropped off the charts in 2003. Obviously
someone didn't give the $auron Ozzboring the memo. She still wants to applaud the all the lawn section loafers sitting for HOURS AND HOURS up there, missing the main action on the second stage, all to see Mr. Celebrity TV Dad. NOT METAL. These people had probably never even heard of any of the bands there. And they most likely wouldn't be interested. If they saw
Robert Young, Hugh Beaumont, William Schallert, and Robert Reed onstage they would probably go nuts for them, too.

So Ozzfest 2006 wasn't much of the big affair as I thought it would be. Wait--I stand corrected: Meeting a few of the bands and getting pictures with DragonForce and Full Blown Chaos, now THAT was a big deal!!
At least with Ozzfest one could get a chance to meet some of the future big names in rock and metal! Pretty amazing. The Second Stage was always killer. But as far as the rest of the show, meh.

But not to worry, $haron and the crew would show us how much she REALLY loved us next year!!! She would truly let us know how much she really cared. How so? Tune in for more!!!

DragonForce keyboardist Vadim Pruzhanov and Lacuna Coil's Christina Scabbia:
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #130
Steve M.
Forum Celebrity
Holding the compass

Music Cassandra Wilson - Thunderbird

Wait! What's jazz singer Cassandra Wilson soing in a rock and roll history thread? Well, in 2006, Cassandra Wilson released Thunderbird, an album that was more pop and rock oriented, thanks to the fact that T-Bone Burnett produced it. Burnett also released his own album in 2006 - his first in fourteen years.

Thunderbird featured "Go To Mexico," a bit of advice we probably shouldn't follow right now.

Go To Mexico - Cassandra Wilson

You love sun in the distance
trying to be a pretty golden brown.
Smoke and rum is my mission
happiness is all I need right now.

Gonna come a time
There's gonna come a time when
I can go to Mexico

I believe in the here and now
I believe in the here and now tomorrow's pain will melt away.

Get your hands on the trigger
I saw the latest story on TV
a blue bag flowed past my window
this helicopter's too damn close to me.

And there's
there's gonna come a time
there will come a time, we'll be just like Mexico

When I go there
when I go there, I'll be wearing purple ribbons when I go there
when I go there, I'll be dancing in the street when I go there
when I go there...

We can go to Mexico...
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #131
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M.
Thunderbird featured "Go To Mexico," a bit of advice we probably shouldn't follow right now.

LOL!!! yeahthat:

Very familiar with T-Bone Burnett, big name producer with plenty of his own albums to his credit. Was married to former Christian pop star Leslie/Sam Phillips, who was declared a "heretic" by the Christian industry for wanting to do things her way, last I heard, T-Bone and Phillips separated and divorced. Known not only for his rock and country stylings, but for his outspoken views and
intelligent lyrics. Also was a musical consultant for the 'Walk the Line' Johnny Cash biopic.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #132
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Cool Gigantour 2006

As if Unholy Alliance and Ozzfest weren't enough, Dave Mustaine's Gigantour was the other major metal tour that summer of 2006. This tour featured the following bands:

Second Stage:

The SmashUp
Sanctity
Into Eternity
Overkill

Main Stage:

Arch Enemy
Opeth
Lamb Of God
Megadeth

A few other notes of interest regarding the previous Gigantour were that
Dillinger Escape Plan were forced to cancel their tour with the festival due to guitarist Ben Weiman's arm injury--and given their chaotic performances, this was not surprising. On doctor's orders, he was not allowed to play until further notice.

Dream Theater played their last Gigantour date in Toronto. As a surprise, Mike Portnoy joined Dave Mustaine, James MacDonough, Shawn Drover, and Glen Drover performing "Peace Sells". Portnoy played the drums while Shawn Drover picked up a guitar and was the third guitar player on the stage. Unfortunately, his guitar was unplugged for a fair bit of the song. According to Megadeth bassist James Macdonough, Portnoy pulled a prank on Shawn by pouring baby powder on the snare drum when he was getting off the drum kit. As soon as Megadeth began playing "Holy Wars...The Punishment Due", Shawn's snare drum "turned into a 'smoke' machine". Portnoy admitted to the prank on the DVD.

Also at White River, the show I attended in Auburn, Scott Ian, Charlie Benante, and Joey Belladonna of Anthrax, along with Burton C. Bell of Fear Factory, members from Bobaflex, tour managers from Fear Factory and Anthrax, and others, joined Megadeth on stage to sing "Peace Sells".

The Portland show (which was actually played in Ridgefield, Washington) marked the end of Gigantour's inaugural year. As a special farewell, members from all the bands and crew of Gigantour sang together the Megadeth song "Back in the Day." The show was wrapped up with a surprise happy birthday song to Dave Mustaine, whose birthday is September 13. Interesting coincidence that Dave's birthday would fall so close to 9/11.

On the 2006 trek, several notable incidents occured, such as at the September 23 show in Columbus, Angela Gossow of Arch Enemy joined Megadeth onstage during the second half of "Peace Sells". Earlier in the show, during Overkill's final song, two members of Lamb of God joined them onstage.

At the September 25 show in Toronto, Angela Gossow, Randy Blythe of Lamb Of God, and Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth of Overkill joined Megadeth on stage and sang the final part of "Peace Sells" with him.

Mike Portnoy from Dream Theater joined Overkill on stage for their song "Elimination".

While playing in the September 25 show in Toronto, towards the beginning of Megadeth's set, Dave Mustaine underwent technical problems relating to his guitar, resulting in him throwing his guitar across the stage and walking off. The then band finished the song without Mustaine, and then followed him offstage. After fifteen minutes of chanting from the crowd, Megadeth finally returned to the stage, and with a brief apology from Dave, continued playing through their set. Gee, Dave, can't get too tempermental now!
But as always, Dave delivers a fine show in the end.

The tour started in Boise, Idaho, their only date in the Pacific Northwest.
Attached Images

Last edited by ABlairican Pie : 05-04-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #133
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Cool Gigantour 2006: The SmashUp

The Second Stage of Gigantour 2006 was opened by Brooklyn-based hardcore/punk band The SmashUp, who released their self-titled debut EP in 2004. Their next full-length album, 2005's Being and Becoming, featured such tracks as "Never Going To Kill Us", "No Name", and "Effigy." The latter song was included in the 'The Saw III' soundtrack and the song "Never Going To Kill Us" on the 'Feast' soundtrack.

The band's lineup included Sean Cuthbert on vocals,
Vin Alfieri on guitar and vocals, Vinny G on guitar, Joshua Brain Jaffe on bass, and Ant Cee on drums.

Effigy

Hang this man
Burn this man
Put to death my imperfection
Build me now, a recreation
Pore/scar/wart/mole/roll/style - a straying eye
God is in the details
And don't forget the darkened husks of azure eyes

Somewhere my scarecrow is watching and waiting
Crash through the treeline and hoist him up shaking

Effigy
I burn the waste of me
I douse in kerosine these eye of birthstone December cauterize
Blight the sky and send my sins on high
In plumes the man I knew takes flight in
Flickered release of beautiful butane blue

Unwashed mass of follicles and folly
Scare, pores and poor decisions
Raise me up: twist the noose:
my abuses are never more to slain
Another life - my war crimes excreted

Somewhere my scarecrow is writhing and wailing
Bellow the furnace and smell my sins melting

Chorus

Skull heal
Skin peel
Bones wood
Be good

Ember to mannequin of dry timber
Tin hips and leather lips smooth from my lies
My former self painstakingly rendered
Crab-louse coat shorn from wriggling wasteflesh
Wisp and wither

Chorus

Attached Images

Last edited by ABlairican Pie : 05-04-2009 at 08:28 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:05 AM   #134
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Cool Gigantour 2006: Sanctity

The next band on the Gigantour 2006 Second Stage was North Carolina thrash metal band Sanctity, who released only one album. The band was first spotted at a show by Matt Heafy of Trivium, who was so impressed with them that he alerted Roadrunner Records and asked them to sign them. After touring with DragonForce, Trivium, and Children of Bodom, Dave Mustaine saw them and invited them to join Gigantour. Their debut album, Road To Bloodshed, was released the next year in 2007, and featured such tracks as "Beneath the Machine", "Brotherhood of Destruction", "Laws of Reason", "Zeppo", and the title track.

The band's members at that time included Jared MacEachern on vocals and rhythm guitar, Zeff Childress on lead guitar, Derek Anderson on bass, and Jeremy London on drums.

Unfortunately, not much has been heard since from the band. In 2008, the band issued a statement saying that two members, MacEachern and Anderson, left the band but were replaced with two new bandmates. The band seems to have gone on hiatus, though they have vowed to return. "Perseverance is nothing new to Sanctity, we've dealt with everything from gear being stolen, being stranded in Wisconsin, bus accidents and now this."

"Once Sanctity is back home we'll be deciding on a permanent lineup, but we're having a blast tearing it up in Canada with Sonata Arctica, braving this crazy -55 degree weather."

Beneath the Machine

Start the needle up again as I crawl to the chair
Anticipate the pain
Feel the charge in the air, sick fascination
Can't wash away this alteration

Beneath the machine
Constant noise inside my head
Trading blood for ink, into torture I will sink
Beneath the machine again

Sometimes a picture to make heads turn
Sometimes a badge of honor earned
Always a reminder of pain endured
Never a way to say these words

Beneath the machine

Just remember
It's all for time
By skin be judged, with my skin define

Beneath the machine

Brotherhood Of Destruction

Screaming with confidence
Lips built to bleed
The war it starts with them
With haunted eyes they feed

Pain on your face, pushing your way through
Picking up the fallen, knowing that it's you
Tortured eyes in a dreamless mind, I look away
A different kind of blood flows through our veins forever

Can't help but feel the power
Of something deep inside
Bloody and beaten down
There is no need to hide

Show me your pain, show me your fear
Gather your strength and keep it near

Pain on your face, pushing your way through
Picking up the fallen, knowing that it's you

Show me your pain, show me your fear
Gather your strength, keep it near

Road To Bloodshed

Blindness from your own hand
Fall from the edge, join souls with lives untold

Clear your mind of guilt, Pass it down the line
Tithe away your fear, beg for a sign

Lost in shadows, lost in fate
Dim as the road to bloodshed
Scattered ashes, none remains
Blessed or the damned

Bow to nothing, fall to your knees again
Distant redemption, our way of life is death and sin

Blessed or the damned

Find your way to nowhere, lose your face in darkness
And live your life in despair

Clear your mind of guilt, pass it down the line
Tithe away your fear, beg for a sign

Blessed or the damned

Zeppo

Lingering in darkness, wading through my fears
My hands still bound together
Why can't we just exist, in a world so pretentious
Bleak horizons bleed disdain
For a mind so determined to reach the sky
On the wings of a dream

Why won't you fade away
Into nothing
Why won't you fade away
Into nothing

In this day and age of zeppo's and of slaves
You have been here forever
Anger and impatience always seem to burn
Your vapid sense of life, it breeds you deep into your fear

Why won't you fade away
Into nothing
Why won't you fade away
Into nothing

Now we stand before you baring all our souls
From within this living darkness
Have you no idea what it takes
To create what we are living
Every moment wrought with despair and elation
We will never be easily stopped!

Why won't you fade away
Into nothing
Why won't you fade away
Into nothing

Lingering in darkness, wading through my fears
My hands still bound together
Why can't we just exist, in a world so pretentious
Bleak horizons bleed disdain
For a mind so determined to reach the sky
On the wings of a dream

Attached Images

Old 05-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #135
ABlairican Pie
Forum Celebrity

Cool Gigantour 2006: Into Eternity

The next band on the Gigantour 2006 Second Stage was Into Eternity, a extreme metal band from from Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. The band formed in 1997 and released an independent debut before being signed to Century Media Records. The band's albums included Dead Or Dreaming in 2001, which was re-released in 2002, Buried In Oblivion in 2004, and The Scattering Of Ashes in 2006. The band incorporated many progressive elements into their brand of death metal, including epic themes revolving the end of life, shifting time signatures, and the like. Growling vocals as well as "clean" vocals and shrieks were also included.

The band's lineup as of 2006 featured Stu Block on lead clean/death vocals, Tim Roth on backing clean/death vocals and guitar, Troy Bleich on bass and clean/death vocals, and Jim Austin on drums but only as a session member, since he had at this point officially left the band.

The band's first two albums featured a mysterous crow on both covers.

Severe Emotional Distress

Cutting yourself to relieve the pain
Try to believe that you are same
Self mutilation to self redemption
Now you're on your own

Cutting yourself despondency
Mental distress overwhelming now
Cold blunt steel now is critical
Now your on your own
Now your on your own

Separate the Anguish
Separate this fear
Separate from sadness
Now I see things much to clear

Cutting yourself a dependency
Anxiety mixed with agony
Bleed out the grief with a knife
Now your on your own

Cutting yourself end this wretchedness
Tribulation will not finish this
Lacerations cannot help you
Now your on your own
Now your on your own

Separate the Anguish
Separate this fear
Separate from sadness

[solo]

Separate the Anguish
Separate this fear
Separate from sadness

Timeless Winter

Scorched by winters wrath
I lay still in the night
This winter choking embrace
Leaves me with no will to fight

Timeless winter
Timeless winter

My heart decayed and dead end
By this ravenous winter
For see this end is frozen
Begins this timeless winter

Forever crimson
Warmth shrouds my body and soul
As two worlds collide
My being dwells within this empty black hole

Death embraces me
Destroying my sanity
Reaching for the light
Fading to darkness
This feeling of emptiness
My physical perish sight

By this ravenous winter

[solo]

Seamless never ending time
As I begin to quiver
I lay still with this crystals of cold
This lifeless body begins to wither

Timeless winter
Timeless winter

By this ravenous winter

Timeless Winter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm-RGms9Kn0

Severe Emotional Distress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5GSFcYqBoc

Vocalist Stu with fan:
Attached Images

Last edited by ABlairican Pie : 05-06-2009 at 08:51 AM.