Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-14-2017, 07:01 AM   #181
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

DYK...the sign of a clean lake is when midges and mayflies are swarming in June.

My city got bombarded with midges again...

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 06-25-2017, 05:27 PM   #182
MISST3

DYK . . . that cigarette smoke contains over 4,000 chemicals, including 43 known cancer-causing (carcinogenic) compounds and 400 other toxins and that these ingredients not only include nicotine, tar, and carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, ammonia, hydrogen cyanide, arsenic, and DDT, but High Fructose Syrup and Sugar, as well. A cigarette is 10 - 20% sugar, a cigar
is 20%.
In the US, the highest rate of smokers, are in Kentucky, Utah the lowest.
The United States is the only major cigarette market in the world in which the percentage of women smoking cigarettes (22%) comes close to the number of men who smoke (35%). Europe has a slightly larger gap (46% of men smoke, 26% of women smoke), while most other regions have few women smokers. The stats: Africa (29% of men smoke, 4% of women smoke); Southeast Asia (44% of men, 4% of women), Western Pacific (60% of men, 8% of women).

Last edited by MISST3 : 06-25-2017 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-25-2017, 08:51 PM   #183
PhoenixAcres
Happy Fall

DYK...

Without the effect of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, Earth's average temperature would be around 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:01 PM   #184
MikaelaArsenault
Ciao, baby!

John Larroquette was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, not far from the french quarter. Before he was even an actor to begin with, he used to be a musician and played clarinet and saxophone throughout childhood and into high school. He formed a band with a few friends in high school, and discovered acting his senior year. Was also a radio DJ in college as well.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:50 PM   #185
MISST3

DYK . . that most people have eyelash mites? The harmless, microscopic,
transparent mite is also known as demodex folliculitis. It is a parasite that is found in the hair follicles of our faces. They can be found in the nose, the cheeks, and particularly on the eyelash area. They are usually harmless, (unless you're allergic to them) most people go about their business never noticing that they are there.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:05 PM   #186
Torgo
Forum Veteran
Art by Baby Torgo and me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISST3
DYK . . that most people have eyelash mites? The harmless, microscopic,
transparent mite is also known as demodex folliculitis. It is a parasite that is found in the hair follicles of our faces. They can be found in the nose, the cheeks, and particularly on the eyelash area. They are usually harmless, (unless you're allergic to them) most people go about their business never noticing that they are there.

Mine talk to me.

"I am the literary equivalent of a Big Mac and Fries." - Stephen King

"There's nothing wrong with G-rated movies, as long as there's lots of sex and violence." - Elvira
Old 06-25-2017, 11:35 PM   #187
MISST3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgo
Mine talk to me.

Old 06-26-2017, 12:23 AM   #188
Edison
Forum Regular

"We wanna watch 'Avatar' again."
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2017, 12:39 AM   #189
MISST3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison
"We wanna watch 'Avatar' again."

Old 06-26-2017, 02:13 AM   #190
JamesG
Forum Celebrity
Freakshow

Taken from recent issue of GameInformer magazine: Little Known Facts about Video Games

Lara Croft was Originally a Male

Core Design animator Toby Ward originally wanted to design a male treasure hunter, but it was deemed too close to Indiana Jones.

They then designed a female named Laura Cruz from South America and then changed it to Lara Croft, a more UK friendly name.

Tetris was the First Video Game Played in Outer Space

The Game Boy version of Tetris was the first game played in outer space. Russian cosmonaut Aleksandr A. Serebrov played the game while aboard a space station in 1993.

The game was later sold at an auction for $1,220.

Barack Obama Campaigned in 18 Games

During the 2008 presidential election, Barack Obama purchased ad space in 18 video games that ran in 10 states.

The "Vote for Change" billboards were featured in Madden, Skate, Burnout Paradise, and others that targeted the 18-34 demographic.

Other James Bond Models were to be Featured in Goldeneye 007

Rare originally intended to have models based on 007 as portrayed by Sean Connery, Roger Moore and Timothy Dalton for the 1997 video game's multi-player system.

The idea was scrapped prior to release.

The Blocks in Super Mario Bros. are People

A small synopsis found in the manual of Super Mario Bros. for the NES revealed that the Koopas turned all of the land's people into blocks, stones and field horse-hair plants.

Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter Appear in Halo 4

Comedians Conan O'Brien and Andy Richter visited 343 Industries for a spoof skit on an episode of "Conan". The audio made it into Halo 4 in a level called Shutdown.

The player has to stand next to two specific dockworkers to trigger the dialogue.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:01 PM   #191
MISST3

DYK that one of the GOOGLE employee perks is that new Dads receive six weeks of paid leave, and Moms can take 18 weeks, and employees' stock continues to vest (and they continue to receive bonuses) while they are on leave. Employees, also receive a $500 bonus called "baby bonding bucks" for
diapers, formula, etc.

When the parent returns to work, Google offers free onsite day care.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:34 PM   #192
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

DYK...Venus rotates clockwise while the other 7 planets rotate counterclockwise. And it's hotter than Mercury...which Mercury can actually go below freezing since it has no atmosphere!
Old 06-28-2017, 05:11 PM   #193
MISST3

DYK . . that since 2004 it's virtually impossible to steal a Rolls Royce hood
ornament. A simple nudge of the ornament in any direction and the whole thing disappears out of site.Also, the driver can raise or lower it, with a push
of a button.
Attached Images

Old 07-05-2017, 11:04 PM   #194
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Here's an American DYK...

Before Washington DC was our Capital, Philadelphia, New York City, Baltimore, Lanchester PA, Princeton NJ, Trenton, York PA, and Annapolis MD all were gathering places for the US House, Senate, and Presidential Cabinet.
Old 07-05-2017, 11:53 PM   #195
MISST3

DYK . . that former US president William McKinley was know for wearing a
red rose in his lapel for luck, and on the occasion he took it off to give to a
little girl, he was instantly shot by an assassin. He died eight days later. This
occurred in 1901.