Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Fox Producing Retirement Home Comedy Starring Vicki Lawrence and David Alan Grier; Nashville and Still the King Cancelled
Fri-Yay: Is Hulu Moving Away From Comedy?; Antenna TV to Air New Year Kickoff with Coach Marathon
You're the Worst Renewed for Final Season on FXX; New Stana Katic Drama Heads to Amazon
Sundance Gets Original Series for VOD; GSN Gets Thanksgiving Marathons
Antenna TV January 2018 Schedule Includes Gimme a Break! and Coach; Pop Launches Wednesday Comedies in January
The Detour Back on TBS in January; I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke Show Christmas on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 13, 2017)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)

2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series The Good Place - The Complete First Season Green Acres - The Complete Series Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season

10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Sixth Season
10/03 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Series
10/03 - Rules of Engagement - Seasons 1-4 Collection
10/10 - The Brady Bunch - A Very Brady Christmas
10/10 - Everybody Hates Chris - The Complete Series
10/10 - Frasier - Christmas Episodes
10/10 - The Honeymooners - Christmas Laughter
10/10 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Christmas Episodes
10/17 - The Good Place - The Complete First Season
10/17 - Green Acres - The Complete Series
10/17 - Rhoda - The Final (Fifth) Season
10/24 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Fourth Season
11/07 - American Dad! - Volume 12
11/07 - Family Guy - Season Fifteen
11/07 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Third Season
11/14 - D.C. Follies - The Complete Series
11/21 - Living Single - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-02-2015, 06:44 PM   #61
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiahthomas
Well I told my boss today after he showed me what I would be doing that I'm gonna have to pass because he told me I would be outside most of the day. So he said that's not a problem and he said he was gonna call the office to let them know. He said the last guy that worked for him quit because he didn't like being outside all day especially during the winter. He told me that the company I work for is happy with my work at my evening part time job. So he said they're gonna try to find me another daytime job working inside a building.

When I told my dad this morning that I was gonna quit at the end of the job, he got upset talking about I should keep this job and look for another job until I find something better. I asked him how am I gonna look for a job when I don't get off until 3:30 and by the time I get to the library to use the internet to look for a job, I would only have a hour because I gotta be at my evening job by 5:30. So I would have to leave the library by 5pm. Plus if I would've kept the job and I had a job interview, I don't think my boss would be happy about me telling him I have to go to a job interview because he would know that I'm unhappy working for him.

u don't tell your boss u r going on a job interview
Old 02-03-2015, 01:51 PM   #62
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

Try telling my dad that. I talked to him this morning about that and he said I could've told my boss that I need to take a few days off work and lie and say that I'm sick so I can go to job interviews.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:59 PM   #63
mets82

Congrats on the new job. Lots of luck to you!!

Please check out my blog. I vent on all things. TV, sports etc. you name it. Its also a work in progress. Check out and see what you think.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:27 PM   #64
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

Mets82, you didn't read my comments? I said that I quit the job the first day because I told my boss I don't wanna work outside all day. My dad got mad at me and threatened to evict me outta him and my mom's house if I don't have the money at the end of this month that he loaned me to pay for car repairs. I told him I would pay him when I get my income tax check. He said how do you know how much money you're getting? I told him I don't know but I'm gonna pay him back sooner than later. I told him I don't use people who loan me money. People that have loaned me money, I've always paid them back and sometimes it's taken me a long time but I've paid them back. I'm gonna see a psychiatrist soon because I called one yesterday and she told me the lady I need to talk to to schedule a appointment is gonna be there on Monday. I'm gonna get tested and I'm gonna see if I have a learning disability. Then I'm gonna give her some papers to fill out that I got from social services for me to get temporary cash until I can find a job. If I get diagnosed, then I may not be able to work anymore and i'll have to get government money like SSDI.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:12 PM   #65
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

I just talked to a black woman who's a social worker at social services office and I talked to her about trying to get temporary cash. So she tells me I gotta go to the SSI office and apply for SSI disability. I told her I mailed a copy of my medical records to social services because the social worker I talked to said I have to show them that so I can get temporary cash. But now she tells me in order to get temporary cash, I gotta be disabled and go to the SSI office and apply for SSI disability. If the SSI office tells me I gotta be disabled to apply, i'm gonna be pissed. What the hell do I need to be disabled for to get temporary cash until I can find a job? Their rules are so messed up for helping poor unemployed people especially men. If I was a woman, I could get some money right away especially if I had kids. I've already gone to the SSI office and the guy I talked to said somebody was gonna call me for a interview and I never got a call. F*ck them and f*ck social services. I've been without a full time job for a year and I don't know when I'm gonna get one. I'm not getting unemployment money and i'm pissed about that because I gotta pay them back $505.

This is exactly why this world is always gonna have unemployed and poor people because the government that has the power to help these people get jobs don't wanna help them get jobs. Blacks gotta depend on whites to get jobs because we don't have money to own businesses so we won't have to work for whites.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:29 PM   #66
mets82

You know I knew somebody that had that same problem. When he explained to me, I came to understand that basically you have to work to be able to get enough credits to be elgilable for SS Disability. Well, if your disabled, than how can work? Face it, they dont want to give out any SS Disability, period.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:27 PM   #67
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

I'm not disabled. The problem is I'm trying to get money from social services office and they won't give it to me unless I apply for SSI first. What I don't understand is why should I apply for SSI to get money from social services when I'm not disabled? That doesn't make sense. So now tomorrow I gotta go to the social security office and wait in a long line to apply for SSI and I gotta sit and wait for somebody to call my name so I can be interviewed. That pisses me off because social security office shouldn't have nothing to do with me trying to get government money from social services.
Old 06-24-2015, 03:42 PM   #68
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

Well I finally had a interview with the social security office on Monday and the black woman I talked to said that my application has been denied since I'm not disabled and I don't have a health problem. So then I called the social services office and I was told by a black woman that I can't get government money because I have to be disabled or I have to have kids. I was pissed off she told me that because if I didn't have this part time job, what the hell am I supposed to do for money? She told me that I would only be able to get food stamps and health insurance. I did get health and dental insurance from them. So i was glad about that because i can't survive without that. Social services rules are so messed up and that's sad because the system is set up to help women and not men and that's not right. Unemployed men should be able to get government money and especially if they're not getting unemployment money. I'm not getting unemployment money because i was fired from my previous job.

This is exactly why there will always be unemployment, homelessness and crime in black neighborhoods because the government isn't doing anything to help poor blacks. White people wonder why black men sell drugs and do other criminal activity to get money because they can't get jobs. Most black men don't have cars to get to good paying jobs in the suburbs where whites live and they're being overlooked for Hispanic and African men for cheap labor by evil white men supervisors. This is why black men need to have their own businesses so they can work for themselves instead of having to depend on white men for jobs because it's obvious white men don't wanna hire them. The jobs in black neighborhoods are owned by foreigners who don't wanna hire blacks. Another thing I'm getting tired of is white men saying black men need to go to college to get a college degree so they can get a good job. Going to college isn't gonna guarantee them a good job because if going to college could help them get a good job, I wouldn't be seeing videos on Youtube of black men college graduates talking about they can't find a job. Unemployment rate for black men is always gonna be higher than white men.

I was lucky I got a daytime job today that's 30 hours a week and I start on Monday. It's not far from my part time evening job. So that's a good thing because the daytime job I'm gonna start is a couple of streets over from where my part time evening job is. The lady I talked to today at the office about the daytime job said that the job could eventually lead to full time. So I was glad to hear that. The lady I talked to at the office said the office building that I'm gonna be working at will probably later on be torn down and made into condos. She said if that happens, she could move me to another building full time. From now on I'm not working hard for employers anymore because they don't appreciate it. It pisses me off that the last full time job I had, I busted my ass for them for almost 9 years and I didn't wanna leave. I got laid off because management wants to save money and make their pockets fat so they can go on nice vacations, buy nice cars and nice houses while their employees gotta struggle to survive.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:04 PM   #69
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

It really saddens me that ya'll have ignored what I'm saying because you aren't in my situation. So you could care less what happens to me and this is a serious issue that needs to be talked about and ya'll ignore it because it isn't happening to you. Poor and unemployed people should have a affect on you even if you aren't in that situation. I'm really surprised this topic has 5 pages of comments from people because I didn't think this issue would get that many comments because most of ya'll don't care about this. This is exactly why there will always be crime, unemployment and homelessness in the world because nothing is being done to fix these problems by the government. It's a joke to me whenever I hear the news say that the president has created a lot of jobs even though the unemployment rate for blacks continue to be high every year and never declines. If there's so many jobs being created, how come black men and I can't get them? I've emailed lots of jobs and didn't get any responses. I've gotten ignored which pisses me off but white men will say black men like me are lazy and don't wanna work which is a lie. I can't get government money from social services so I can survive until I can get a job and ya'll don't have nothing to say about that because that doesn't affect ya'll because ya'll got jobs. I guess ya'll think your jobs are safe when ya'll know most jobs aren't safe and I guess ya'll think you'll never lose your jobs.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that ya'll don't care about this issue because most of ya'll on here are white and ya'll don't care about issues in black neighborhoods. Ya'll could care less about black men being unemployed and having to sell drugs because they can't get a job and ya'll could care less about black men killing each other. Ya'll can sleep good at night knowing that you live in a safe neighborhood and ya'll got a job to go to everyday. I bet some of ya'll are gonna say I'm a racist because of my comments LOL. I'm not a racist. I just have a problem with whites ignoring a serious issue like this because you think it doesn't affect you since you have a job, a nice car and you have a place to live in a nice neighborhood.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:38 PM   #70
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Isiah , I'm sorry you feel that way. I know you are upset but in all fairness how can you say no body here cares? Look back at the last 5 pages. Myself and a lot of people posted and gave you encouragement! Your last post before this one was only two days ago. A lot of times people here don't respond right away. That's happened to me, I've posted and didn't get responses really quickly either sometimes.

Also in your last post you said you were able to get food stamps and health and dental , that is good. And you are starting a new job Monday that is 30 hours a week. That's not bad. It seemed things were looking up. As for not qualifying for medical disability, well I'm sorry about that!

And it isn't just black men, many white men where I live in California are having problems finding jobs too, along with women because out here lots of jobs require fluent Spanish speaking. Right now I'm not working myself and my unemployment has run out. Lucky for me I do have my husband, but he doesn't make all that much , and I don't want to just live off of him , we don't have small children at home for me to care for and a small home which doesn't take me all day to clean. I am taking the summer off doing the housewife thing, but come September and I will have to be working again. things are tight. And I'm a white woman , but I'm older and I know the jobs they will be wanting young girls before old me and I l know some Spanish from my husband, but not really fluently. And believe me, we don't have brand new cars and our neighborhood is not exactly the safest place in the world either.

So to sum it up, I'm very sorry for how you are feeling Isiah, but please don't think or say that us posters on S.O. don't care about you , because we do!
Old 06-26-2015, 04:49 PM   #71
isiahthomas
Forum Veteran

I'm glad you posted but I didn't say that I got food stamps. I did get health insurance from social services but I didn't want SSI money. I wanted government money from social services before I got this new job that I'm starting on Monday and I got denied because I'm not disabled and I don't have kids. I should be able to get that just because I don't have a job since I don't get unemployment money. Sorry to hear about your living situation. So you haven't been able to get a job because you're old? That sucks. How many more years is it for you to get a social security check? My mom said you can get one when you're 65. She told me I need to save some money since I'm gonna start a new job because it's gonna be a long time for me to get a social security check.
Old 06-26-2015, 05:01 PM   #72
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Well I am 53, which is old but not that old. I think you can get early retirement at 62 or 63, but it won't be the full amount unless you stick it out to 65! So I have a while to go. I'm sure I will be able to get something, but my options will be limited. A lot of my previous work experience was front reception and they will want the younger girls over my old a**! And I did other office work, customer service, but now that everything is computerized they need less employees than in the old days. So I will just have to see, and pray I am able to get something when I do start looking!

Hey if they did offer you the food stamps, take em. You will be able to save a lot of money if you don't have to buy food. Plus you can contribute to your Mom and Dad with groceries!