Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Brady Bunch (Sitcoms Online) / The Brady Bunch links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Brady Bunch Photo Gallery

The Brady Bunch - The Complete First Season

Buy The Brady Bunch - The Complete First Season on DVD
The Brady Bunch - The Complete Second Season

Buy The Brady Bunch - The Complete Second Season on DVD
The Brady Bunch - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Brady Bunch - The Complete Third Season on DVD
The Brady Bunch - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy The Brady Bunch - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
The Brady Bunch - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy The Brady Bunch - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series

Buy The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series on DVD

Buy The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series (Seasons 1-5; Shag Carpet Cover;
Bonus Disc with A Very Brady Christmas, The Brady 500 and The Brady Kids cartoon episodes) on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > The Brady Bunch

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Fall Pilot Review: The Kids Are Alright - Premieres Tuesday (Oct. 16); FX Gets New Comedy for 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 15, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Patricia Heaton Eyes a Return to TV With CBS Sitcom; VEI Announced Bad News Bears TV Series DVD Release
Fri-Yay: Superstore Season 4 At the Top of Its Game; Freeform's New Kickoff to Christmas Event
Showtime Isn't Kidding About Season 2 of Kidding; TBS Gets Another Unscripted Comedy
The CW Bulks Up for Next Summer; FX Brings Back Mr Inbetween for Season 2
CBS Announces Cast for The World's Best; Bravo Gets Anthology Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October)

The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season Step by Step - The Complete Second Season Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season

09/04 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season 12
09/04 - Mom - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Fifth Season
09/04 - Superstore - Season Three
09/04 - Young Sheldon - The Complete First Season
09/11 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Eleventh Season (Blu-ray)
09/11 - The Middle - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - Modern Family - The Complete Ninth Season
09/11 - People of Earth - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - Community - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
09/18 - Step by Step - The Complete Second Season
09/18 - You're the Worst - The Complete Fourth Season
09/25 - Blondie - The Complete 1957 Television Series
09/25 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fifth Season
10/02 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official Fifth Season
10/02 - The Love Boat - Season Four - Volume One / Volume Two
10/02 - Saved by the Bell - The Complete Collection
10/16 - Police Squad! - TV and Movie Collection
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-20-2018, 09:34 PM   #16
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault View Post
It's classic, maybe turn it into a museum or something.

That would be totally cool!! Making it into a Brady museum!!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:37 PM   #17
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicismylife3 View Post
That would be cool. Or a quaint B & B where people can boast that they stayed at the Brady's house
Oh wow!!! Yeah a "Very Brady Bed & Breakfast" !!! That would be really cool!!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:31 AM   #18
MikaelaArsenault
Jonathan Taylor Thomas
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl View Post
That would be totally cool!! Making it into a Brady museum!!
And have the actual Brady Bunch cast members appear at events themselves!

And many others too.

"Ciao, baby!" - John Larroquette as Dan Fielding

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018

Errrrrrruuuuuuuuahhh?? - Tim Allen
MikaelaArsenault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 05:07 PM   #19
Dude111

Why didnt they do anything from inside the house??

Was someone living in it @ the time?
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:18 PM   #20
bellczar
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Why didnt they do anything from inside the house??

Was someone living in it @ the time?
It was just a house. All they did with it was shoot the exterior for the establishing shots that we've all seen on TBB. They hung a fake window on the outside to make it seem like a two-story or split-level house. The interior of the house bears no relation to TBB house.

I don't know why they didn't use a house that more closely resembled TBB house interior. "All in the Family" did the same thing, sort of. They used a house for the establishing shot that kind of resembled the Bunker house, but that house didn't have a front porch, but the Bunker house did.
bellczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:41 AM   #21
TV Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaelaArsenault View Post
And have the actual Brady Bunch cast members appear at events themselves!
Let them be the staff. Marcia could cook, Cindy could be the chambermaid, Bobby could be the bellman, etc.
TV Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:44 PM   #22
Bachu
Forum Regular

Quote:
I mentioned this before, on this site, that I always wanted to drive up to Los Angeles and take a picture of the Brady Home. I might make the trip this weekend since I am not too far from Studio City
If you can, post it here. Or better still, get a secret camera and have a tour inside as you 'pretend' to buy it.

Quote:
That would be cool. Or a quaint B & B where people can boast that they stayed at the Brady's house
Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Guy View Post
If they do tear it down, I hope they use it as the location for one final Brady movie. “The Brady Bunch Returns: Marcia Vs. Jan” focuses on the events after Carol Brady’s funeral. Flaky estate executor Marcia wants to donate the property for a park, but Jan and greedy husband Philip want to sell out to a developer and grab the dough. The two battle for the property in a “War of the Roses” style scenario that results in the destruction of the house.
That sounds good. In fact, didn't Eve Plum make a few million of off a beach house she bought as a teenager? She could buy it and rent it out for people to live in for a week at a time.
Bachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 03:52 PM   #23
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

Lance Bass says his Offer to Buy "The Brady Bunch" House has been "Accepted"
by Nick Romano
August 4, 2018

It would appear the iconic "Brady Bunch" house at 11222 Dilling Street in North Hollywood, California has found a new owner. While the final details of the headline-grabbing sale are still being worked out, former NSYNC member Lance Bass came out on Twitter to say his offer to buy has been “accepted.

Super excited to announce they accepted my offer on the #BradyBunch house last night!!!” Bass wrote on Friday. “This is going to be a fun project!

Maureen McCormick, who played Marcia Brady, extended the sitcom family’s blessing to Bass.

Congratulations! May all your problems from here on out always be solved in a half hour!” McCormick tweeted.

Bass responded with a promise the she “will most certainly be the first dinner guest!!” and McCormick accepted. “I would absolutely love that,” she wrote.

It also appears "Property Brother" Jonathan Silver Scott and EmSee rap battle app founder Gregory Storm were among the other bidders.

I was planning to remodel the inside to match the #BradyBunch TV Show interior,” Storm tweeted to Bass. “If that’s what you also plan to do instead of tear it down, I’ll feel a little better about not having the highest offer. You’re not tearing it down right?

Bass confirmed “that’s the plan” to remodel the interior and not alter the exterior, which also put a smile on McCormick’s face. She tweeted, “Love it!!! Are we going to be eating on Silver Platters???

http://ew.com/tv/2018/08/04/lance-ba...y-bunch-house/
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:57 PM   #24
opus
VB
Forum Veteran

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
Lance Bass says his Offer to Buy "The Brady Bunch" House has been "Accepted"
by Nick Romano
August 4, 2018

It would appear the iconic "Brady Bunch" house at 11222 Dilling Street in North Hollywood, California has found a new owner. While the final details of the headline-grabbing sale are still being worked out, former NSYNC member Lance Bass came out on Twitter to say his offer to buy has been “accepted.

Super excited to announce they accepted my offer on the #BradyBunch house last night!!!” Bass wrote on Friday. “This is going to be a fun project!

Maureen McCormick, who played Marcia Brady, extended the sitcom family’s blessing to Bass.

Congratulations! May all your problems from here on out always be solved in a half hour!” McCormick tweeted.

Bass responded with a promise the she “will most certainly be the first dinner guest!!” and McCormick accepted. “I would absolutely love that,” she wrote.

It also appears "Property Brother" Jonathan Silver Scott and EmSee rap battle app founder Gregory Storm were among the other bidders.

I was planning to remodel the inside to match the #BradyBunch TV Show interior,” Storm tweeted to Bass. “If that’s what you also plan to do instead of tear it down, I’ll feel a little better about not having the highest offer. You’re not tearing it down right?

Bass confirmed “that’s the plan” to remodel the interior and not alter the exterior, which also put a smile on McCormick’s face. She tweeted, “Love it!!! Are we going to be eating on Silver Platters???

Or not.....

opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 02:06 PM   #25
MikaelaArsenault
Jonathan Taylor Thomas
Forum Veteran

Hope the house doesn’t get torn down...
Old 08-05-2018, 08:09 PM   #26
Dude111

Yes I hope not!!!!!!!!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:43 AM   #27
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Lance Bass says a Hollywood studio screwed him out of his winning bid for The Brady Bunch house
Bass previously said he placed the "winning bid" and celebrated the news on Friday night, only to be told on Saturday that a Hollywood studio has made a much bigger offer and planned to pay above any other bid. “I’m feeling heartbroken today,” he wrote in a statement posted to Twitter last night. “We placed the winning bid on the iconic Brady Bunch house — at least that’s what we were told. The agent represinting the estate informed us we made the winning bid (which was WAY over the asking price) after the final deadline for all offers had passed–even writing up the 'winning bid' for my team after informing me of the good news.”

Lance Bass may have hurt himself in The Brady Bunch house sale by celebrating prematurely on Twitter
According to TMZ, "sources close to the deal tell us Lance essentially opened the flood gates for other bidders by prematurely posting the news on social media that the house was his. We're told that invited a new wave of bidders and offers." TMZ also notes that one of the other top bidders was Jonathan Scott from Property Brothers.

Last edited by TMC; 08-06-2018 at 08:19 PM.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:13 PM   #28
JamesG
Freakshow
Forum Celebrity

HGTV is the Winning Bidder for "The Brady Bunch" House in LA, Will Restore it “To Its 1970s Glory
by Dade Hayes
August 7, 2018

The mystery of which Hollywood entity bought the iconic house used for exterior shots in "The Brady Bunch" has been solved: Cable network HGTV is the buyer.

Discovery CEO David Zaslav made the announcement during this morning’s second quarter earnings call with Wall Street analysts.

One of our projects for HGTV will speak to those Brady Bunch fans on the call,” he said. “You may have heard that the house from the iconic series was recently on the market in California. I’m excited to share that HGTV is the winning bidder and will restore the Brady Bunch home to its 1970s glory as only HGTV can.

More detail to come over the next few months but we’ll bring all the resources to bear to tell safe, fun stories about this beloved piece of American TV history.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/discove...se-1202441528/
JamesG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:03 PM   #29
MikaelaArsenault
Jonathan Taylor Thomas
Forum Veteran

I'm so happy that the house isn't getting torn down after all.
Old 08-07-2018, 07:05 PM   #30
TMC
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesG View Post
HGTV is the Winning Bidder for "The Brady Bunch" House in LA, Will Restore it “To Its 1970s Glory
by Dade Hayes
August 7, 2018

The mystery of which Hollywood entity bought the iconic house used for exterior shots in "The Brady Bunch" has been solved: Cable network HGTV is the buyer.

Discovery CEO David Zaslav made the announcement during this morning’s second quarter earnings call with Wall Street analysts.

One of our projects for HGTV will speak to those Brady Bunch fans on the call,” he said. “You may have heard that the house from the iconic series was recently on the market in California. I’m excited to share that HGTV is the winning bidder and will restore the Brady Bunch home to its 1970s glory as only HGTV can.

More detail to come over the next few months but we’ll bring all the resources to bear to tell safe, fun stories about this beloved piece of American TV history.

https://deadline.com/2018/08/discove...se-1202441528/
Lance Bass: I can't be mad at HGTV for beating me in The Brady Bunch house auction
Bass has responded to this morning's revelation that the Discovery-owned channel outbid him in owning the iconic sitcom home. "HGTV??! Aw man,I’d be pretty upset if it were anyone else, but how can you be mad at HGTV??" he tweeted. "My television is stuck on that channel. Kudos HGTV, I know you will do the right thing with the house. That was always my biggest worry. I can smile again."

HGTV wins The Brady Bunch house with plans to restore it "to its 1970s glory"

"I am excited to share that HGTV is the winning bidder and will restore The Brady Bunch home to its 1970s glory as only HGTV can," said Discovery CEO David Zaslav, revealing the news during a Tuesday morning earnings call that HGTV will own the iconic Studio City home. He added: "More details to come over the next few months, but we will bring all the resources to bear to tell safe, fun stories with this beloved piece of American TV history." The news comes days after Lance Bass announced he submitted the winning bid. Bass' real estate broker told TMZ in a story published this morning that Bass submitted a bid "just under $3 million." The broker said the seller's realtor even sent paperwork to finalize the deal. According to TMZ, "Lance claims the seller's realtor had a plan all along ... that a studio would come in after the bidding war and outbid everyone -- which is exactly what happened. Lance and his broker claim the seller's realtor lied to them and the other bidders and it was a shameless ploy to make a buck."

Real estate expert calls Lance Bass' failed Brady Bunch house bid a "rookie move"
“He really made a mistake as a serious buyer to go on social media and claim himself the winning buyer,” a source tells The Hollywood Reporter. “A contract was never sent to him. There was never even a contract and now he is crying foul trying to save face for speaking too soon. But this is his own doing. It was a rookie move.”

Last edited by TMC; 08-08-2018 at 02:46 AM.
TMC is offline   Reply With Quote