Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Politics
User Name
Password

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV Network Makes Spring Change; Freeform Orders Pilot from Paul Feig
Antenna TV Adds More Alice in April; Andi Mack Gets 3rd Season on Disney
Decades Acquires Newhart Starting March 2018; Santa Clarita Diet Brings Out More Stars for Season 2
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 19, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Netflix's Disjointed to End After One Season; Will & Grace Revival Coming to DVD
Fri-Yay: Is the Era of the "Sadcom" Over?; TBS Lands Pilot from Emmy Winner
The CW to Expand to 6 Nights; Netflix Gets 5th Season of Grace and Frankie
CBS Renews Digital Sitcom; Judy Greer Is Not Kidding, She Joins Jim Carrey Comedy
Rare Gems on getTV for Black History Month; Showtime Comedy Pilot Brings Out the Stars
ABC Crossovers Set for March 1; Tosh.0 Gets 3 Additional Seasons Thru 2020
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of February 12, 2018)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)

Trial & Error - The Complete First Season Superior Donuts - Season One Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season

01/09 - Girlfriends - The Complete Series
01/16 - Trial & Error - The Complete First Season
01/22 - Superior Donuts - Season One
01/23 - Baskets - The Complete Season Two
02/06 - All in the Family - Seasons 1-5
02/06 - Bosom Buddies - The Complete Series
02/13 - Broad City - Season 4
02/13 - Three's Company - The Complete Series - Come and Knock on Our Door Collection
02/27 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Seventh Season
02/27 - Green Acres - The Complete Fifth Season
02/27 - Mayberry R.F.D. - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-12-2018, 12:43 PM   #1
Wawwie

Default "sh!ithole countries"

So classy and tactful like another Fred Astair, and such a way with words like another Earnest Hemingway.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:07 PM   #2
broadmoor
Forum Regular

Well, it's a heck of a good question that Trump asks. Besides our already horrific illegal immigration problem, why does our legal system emphasize turning the country into such a dumping ground from third-world hellholes? Instead of prioritizing people with skills and talents, we bring in people from dysfunctional cultures, which abound in illiteracy, sympathize with terrorists, wallow in AIDS, perform clitorectomies, believe in honor killings, and have no love or respect for democracy but are instead steeped in ideologies that honor violent 'strongmen' style leadership.

Recipe for disaster. Idiot Democrats want to grow the masses of dependent, government-entitled welfare drones, and idiot Republicans still cling to the defunct romanticism that these people will be assimilated into pro-American, pro-capitalist go-getters. All that will happen in reality is more declining standards, more balkanization, more lawlessness. America itself has pretty much already crossed into *****hole status already, thanks to all this, along with its own homegrown descent into cultural and moral rot.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
Wawwie

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor
Well, it's a heck of a good question that Trump asks.
Not in the words he used.

A tactful person would have articulated himself in a more dignified manner.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:33 PM   #4
Bonniegirl
Forum Celebrity
AKA Hazel Horvath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie
Not in the words he used.

A tactful person would have articulated himself in a more dignified manner.

I agree! He's very crude! I think we would have all gotten the point still if he just had stuck with saying "Third world countries"!
Old 01-12-2018, 02:34 PM   #5
IllinoisTVFan

The way Trump worded it made him sound like a racist. I firmly believe he is a racist, but in the way I think he should have worded it would make him correct. I do think the immigration system is broken and we do let in way too many people who will be a drain on the system. I was just reading about Vietnamese refugees and how many still don't work and don't speak English. There's no excuse for this. Studies do show that more immigrants receive welfare than native citizens, and the majority of them come from lower income countries. However, I do want to point out that Trump actually wants to INCREASE immigrants on various visas, which will bring us more workers (and will hurt our professionals in the USA). Btw, I have not been affected by illegals since I am not looking for jobs they take. However, I have lost jobs to visa workers and this is the immigration system I am most concerned about since it affects me.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:36 PM   #6
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniegirl
I agree! He's very crude! I think we would have all gotten the point still if he just had stuck with saying "Third world countries"!

Exactly. If he had shown stats and said "we are getting people from these countries who have higher rates of welfare usage" I think even the most anti Trump person would have said "he's right". The way he said it made me think it was racist.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:00 PM   #7
DadTheKing
Forum Regular

Trump was just expressing to the ignorant Senators, the fact that Americans are tired of our immigration system being set up to solve other countries people problems. It is time for it to solve our own problems! Those idiots brought an immigration plan that EXPANDED chain migration! Gave Trump a pittance for his wall and gave DACAS not just legalization, but citizenship! How stupid are they? That is the real story. But the fake news is just going to repeat shthole over and over again. Why is nobody asking why those morons in the meeting could not keep their stupid mouth shut? They and the hete Trump fake news are dragging us through the mud!
Old 01-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #8
KRW
Frequent Poster
Excellence Of Execution

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadTheKing
Trump was just expressing to the ignorant Senators, the fact that Americans are tired of our immigration system being set up to solve other countries people problems. It is time for it to solve our own problems! Those idiots brought an immigration plan that EXPANDED chain migration! Gave Trump a pittance for his wall and gave DACAS not just legalization, but citizenship! How stupid are they? That is the real story. But the fake news is just going to repeat shthole over and over again. Why is nobody asking why those morons in the meeting could not keep their stupid mouth shut? They and the hete Trump fake news are dragging us through the mud!

So CNN and MSNBC are all fake news because they don't kiss trumps ass?
BUZZR/GSN/MeTV: Please Pick Up Hollywood Squares
Old 01-12-2018, 03:52 PM   #9
MrCleveland
Forum Veteran
Drew Carey from Hell

Oh No

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisTVFan
Exactly. If he had shown stats and said "we are getting people from these countries who have higher rates of welfare usage" I think even the most anti Trump person would have said "he's right". The way he said it made me think it was racist.

This is why in my honest opinion...Trump is the WORST President EVER!

It's also everyone else opinions...if Trump could use better words like "The people of yesteryear came to America because it was a place where many saw Religious Freedom, cheap land, better promises, and no tyrants governing our land"...then that would get applause!

And even though slavery was an awful thing...many Americans wanted the people from Africa free! The slaves were actually prisoners of war in their own land and African kings sold them...mostly from rival tribes! I'm not trying to be a bigot, but...I heard this more than once!

Lee Hazelwood (1929-2007)
Old 01-12-2018, 03:58 PM   #10
IllinoisTVFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCleveland
This is why in my honest opinion...Trump is the WORST President EVER!

It's also everyone else opinions...if Trump could use better words like "The people of yesteryear came to America because it was a place where many saw Religious Freedom, cheap land, better promises, and no tyrants governing our land"...then that would get applause!

And even though slavery was an awful thing...many Americans wanted the people from Africa free! The slaves were actually prisoners of war in their own land and African kings sold them! I'm not trying to be a bigot, but...I heard this more than once!

Agreed on all accounts. Regarding Africa, correct, yet that rarely gets attention. What is often glossed over is that in many African countries, they would capture their enemies then sell them, or even eat them (I wish I was kidding). This is generally how the slave traders got slaves. After the Civil War, the country of Liberia was founded for freed American slaves, and many people wanted the freed slaves to return to Africa. People think Lincoln was this guy all for African slaves but he was really a bigot. He didn't support slavery but did generally think slaves were lower than white people. None of this is told in school books because it is politically incorrect.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:36 PM   #11
opus
Forum Veteran
VB

Location: New York; but ideally Apt. 402 in Indy (for 8 years)

Old 01-12-2018, 05:07 PM   #12
bandito
Going Topless

nice avatar KRW what a piece of **** you are.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:18 PM   #13
Sophia's Wrinkles
Forum Regular

Explain it away!
Old 01-13-2018, 02:36 AM   #14
Babalu

While I'd obviously rather he didn't say it the way he said it, there's no denying it's true. After all, why are those people so desperate to get out of those countries? And to the sanctimonious people that think it's an outrage, when are they moving to Haiti? They'd be dead in a day.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Old 01-13-2018, 01:33 PM   #15
Nanoose
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu
While I'd obviously rather he didn't say it the way he said it, there's no denying it's true. After all, why are those people so desperate to get out of those countries? And to the sanctimonious people that think it's an outrage, when are they moving to Haiti? They'd be dead in a day.

I'm a survivalist but I probably wouldn't last a week in some of the countries that Trump called sh-- holes because there isn't anything to survive on or there are militant groups that wanted to kill me for ethnic cleansing. I think Trump is a heatless racist and he showed it when he asked why they don't just take in immigrants from Norway. Cheers!