Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Make Room for Daddy/The Danny Thomas Show links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Make Room for Daddy/The Danny Thomas Show Photo Gallery

Make Room for Daddy - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Make Room for Daddy - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD
Make Room for Daddy - Season 6

Buy Make Room for Daddy - Season 6 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1950s Sitcoms > Make Room for Daddy/The Danny Thomas Show

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Celebrities Get Animated on Animal Planet; Freeform Drama Pilot Underway
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 16, 2018)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Game of Thrones Leads Emmy Nominations; New Beverly Hillbillies DVDs Coming in October
Fri-Yay: What Was the Best Decade for Sitcoms?; The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations
Netflix Gets Christina Applegate Comedy; South Park Returns Sept. 26 for Season 22
Alone Together Returns Aug. 1 on Freeform; Sony Crackle Gets Rob Riggle Comedy
CBS Fall 2018 Premiere Dates; Freeform Announces Holiday Movies for 2018

New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)

New Girl - The Complete Seventh Season Alice - The Complete Seventh Season Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season The Good Place - The Complete Second Season

06/05 - Living Single - The Complete Fifth Season
06/05 - New Girl - The Complete Sixth Season
06/05 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-First Season (Blu-ray)
06/12 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fourth Season
06/12 - Life in Pieces - The Complete Third Season
06/12 - The Office - The Complete Series
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Speechless - The Complete Second Season
06/12 - Step by Step - The Complete First Season
06/12 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season One (Blu-ray)
06/19 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Fourth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Fifth Season
06/26 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Sixth Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete First Season
06/26 - The Mick - The Complete Second Season
07/03 - New Girl - The Final (Seventh) Season
07/10 - Alice - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - The Bill Engvall Show - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
07/10 - Green Acres - The Final (Sixth) Season
07/10 - The Last Man on Earth - The Complete Fourth Season
07/17 - Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Good Place - The Complete Second Season
07/17 - Son of Zorn - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-23-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
Howard
Frequent Poster

Lol Danny Thomas Show/Make Room for Daddy

Funny/Crazy thing: Last month for ONLY 2 days, this show was actually LISTED on the COZI-TV programs as DANNY THOMAS! I thought FINALLY since the opening/closing credits say THE DANNY THOMAS SHOW and have included the LAST 2 seasons (season 10 and 11)in their package of episodes that were NEVER available in syndication over the years, but now the listings cruising on my remote and the COZI-TV programs info reverted back as MAKE ROOM FOR DADDY again! Oh well, just thought it was interesting and hoping they would keep it permamently!!! Just wanted to share this with the fans out there!

Last edited by Howard; 06-26-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:03 PM   #2
stevea

I'd like to see the first three seasons again, other than on a few public domain DVDs. My guess is that those episodes have never been digitized for modern broadcast. They may never have even been put on videotape.
stevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:44 PM   #3
Howard
Frequent Poster

I actually bought 2 DVD's about 10 years ago of some episodes of the first 3 seasons BUT the picture was so crappy; the quality looked so BAD with scratches and junk throughout, I threw them out. Got them at a 99cent store!
Old 06-26-2018, 05:55 PM   #4
stevea

Yeah, public domain stuff usually looks pretty bad. At least they were cheap!
Old 06-28-2018, 05:02 PM   #5
Howard
Frequent Poster

I was really disappointed with the way the picture was horrible but when I was growing up NBC was showing the reruns starting with SEASON 1 up through SEASON 9 until about 1965 then when the show went into syndication in 1967, they only showed Season 5-9. I hounded SFM ENTERTAINMENT (the current owner) to finally ADD seasons 10 and 11 telling them they haven't been aired since 1965 AND THEY DID!!!
Old 06-28-2018, 08:44 PM   #6
stevea

I remember watching those NBC reruns, when I could. I used to think it was interesting how the apartment changed from season to season, with only an occasional reference to moving.

Congrats on getting SFM entertainment to show those seasons. Quite an accomplishment, and many people are glad it happened!
Old 07-03-2018, 05:04 PM   #7
Howard
Frequent Poster

Cool! I ALSO was fascinated by the constant change in apartments being a self-proclaimed "maven" on this show, I enjoyed your comment! Yes, several different apartments BUT the LAST apartment was the one they used for the final 3 seasons. Also, season 5/6 was the same and I don't EVER remember any of the characters mentioning a new apartment/location EVER!
Old 07-03-2018, 06:25 PM   #8
stevea

The apartment was the same in the final season as in 9 and 10, but I was surprised to see a visible set of stairs appear by magic.

Yep, 5 and 6 were the same. 1 thru 3 were the same, too, but they made small changes each season, I seem to remember.

As I said it's great that SFM made those seasons available to Cozi TV--now it would be great if they would put it out unedited on DVD.

I'd call myself a huge fan of this show. I actually think the Make Room For Daddy versions shown on MeTV several years ago (for seasons 7 thru 9) are better than the Danny Thomas Show versions from Cozi TV, simply because they have around 2 more minutes of show (mostly because they showed the tag scene at the end, which Cozi routinely skips).

One picky thing that bugs me is that the season 5 Make Room For Daddy show opener, which included Sherry Jackson, seems to have totally disappeared.