Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / News Blog / Buy TV Shows on DVD

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Courtship of Eddie's Father Online / The Courtship of Eddie's Father links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Courtship of Eddie's Father Photo Gallery

The Courtship of Eddie's Father - The Complete First Season

Buy The Courtship of Eddie's Father - The Complete First Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
The Courtship of Eddie's Father - The Complete Second Season

Buy The Courtship of Eddie's Father - The Complete Second Season on DVD (WBShop.com)
(Amazon.com)
The Courtship of Eddie's Father - The Complete Third Season

Buy The Courtship of Eddie's Father - The Complete Third Season on DVD (WBShop.com)(
Amazon.com)

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > The Courtship of Eddie's Father
User Name
Password

Headlines / New on DVD/Blu-ray
SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines:

Melissa Joan Hart Explains It All On truTV Tonight; Comedy Central Renews Two Series for 3rd Seasons
FX Fall 2014: Mike & Molly Reruns Premiere; Jerry Seinfeld's Single Shots on Crackle
Summer 2014 Week 9 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Community Season 6 Plans; The Equalizer Complete Series on DVD
Blossom, Big Bang Theory Star Hosting Candid Camera; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 28, 2014)
Here's Lucy Heading to Cozi TV; The CW Drops Comedies Seed, Backpackers
TVGN Adds Love Boat, Wings, Family Ties, and More; Hallmark's Lisa Whelchel/Kim Fields Movie Scores
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: FX, Includes 12-Day Simpsons Marathon on FXX; TCM Remembers James Garner
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: Fox, The CW; Remembering TV Legend James Garner
Summer 2014 Week 8 Sitcom Ratings
SitcomsOnline Digest: Enlisted to Return as Online Series?; Batman and Wonder Years DVD Updates
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: CBS; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 21, 2014)
TV Land's Candid Camera Premieres Aug. 11; NBC Gives Debra Messing Series a Preview Airing
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: ABC, Includes Fall 2014 Premiere Dates; Hot in Cleveland Animated Episode to Air July 30 on TV Land
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC Networks; More Info on Apt. 23 on Logo, With 8 Unaired Episodes
TCA Summer 2014 Press Tour: NBC; Entourage Coming to VH1 Classic

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)

07/01 - American Dad! - Volume 9
07/08 - The Soul Man - The Complete First Season
07/15 - Diff'rent Strokes - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 and 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Welcome to the Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, search, view attachments, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-01-2011, 06:28 PM   #16
HelloLarry
Forum Regular
Meathead

Default Received my copy of 'Courtship of Eddie's Father' season 1 today!

I can answer a few questions here. I received my copy today and popped it in to spot check a few things for myself. I had to walk the dog and get ready for a dinner party so I haven't checked out a full episode. Now it's not the dog that is in my picture profile (she passed away last summer and would make that face on command which was funny), however she has similar reactions when I don't pay attention to her.

Here are some initial observations:

-what I checked looks great! There's some dust and debris on a few spots but I kinda like that as it gives it a vintage quality. They do look remastered.
-I can't confirm running time as I haven't watched a full episode
-the 4 or 5 episodes I checked all have the original theme PLUS the 'Courtship of Eddie's Father IN COLOR' card at the beginning which is always a nice touch.
-markway895; I have ordered several MODs from Warner (Abbott and Costello movies, the Shaft TV movies, Our Gang, Joe McDoakes) etc. and have never had playback issues with any of them. I never played them on a computer but have played them both on my main tv and a little portable DVD player I own.

I've been enjoying Family Affair (I was a little behind on that one and just picked up the complete series) and similar to that show, 'Eddie's Father' always seemed to be a class show to me. I have fond memories of it watching in reruns and am glad to have it in my collection.

Now off to stuff myself and back later to watch an episode or two if I don't fall asleep
Old 10-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #17
stevea
Forum Regular

This DVD set is EVERYTHING (other than maybe bonus material) that anyone could ask for. Full length ABC network versions (with even the "IN COLOR" slide at the beginning), great picture quality, decent-level audio. Here's hoping season 2 and 3 follow soon!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #18
AB
Forum Celebrity
True Blood

Walmart, Target & Best Buy do not have it in my area, so I guess I'll have to order it from Amazon. Has anyone actually seen it in a store? Just wondering.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:22 PM   #19
McGillicuddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB
Walmart, Target & Best Buy do not have it in my area, so I guess I'll have to order it from Amazon. Has anyone actually seen it in a store? Just wondering.
This set is only available through Warner's MOD (Manufactured on Demand) Program. Not available in stores, although Amazon has a listing for it.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:14 PM   #20
retroTVfan4ever

When an old TV show I haven't seen in a long time comes out on DVD, I'm often tempted to make the purchase but in the case of Courtship Of Eddie's Father, I prefer Bill Bixby in My Favorite Martian and Brandon Cruz doesn't really appeal to me. So I'll pass on this, but for those interested in these DVD's it's nice season 1 is available.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:42 PM   #21
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

Very impressed with the video quality. They've cleaned them up nicely. A few special features would have been nice, but having quality/unedited episodes is probably the most important thing to people.

Did anybody notice they put "James Womack" instead of James Komack on the back of the case? Hopefully that is something that they can easily correct.

Amazon.com has a pre-order listing at a higher price than WBShop.com:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...daysonline3-20

Read my review of the set here:
http://www.sitcomsonline.com/thecour...dvdreview.html
Old 10-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #22
stevea
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ
Very impressed with the video quality. They've cleaned them up nicely. A few special features would have been nice, but having quality/unedited episodes is probably the most important thing to people.

Did anybody notice they put "James Womack" instead of James Komack on the back of the case? Hopefully that is something that they can easily correct.

Did anybody also notice (at least on most of the episodes; evidently later it was corrected) that in the end credits, the music is "Sunged" by Nilsson. Sunged? Who came up with that?
Old 10-20-2011, 04:44 PM   #23
HelloLarry
Forum Regular
Meathead

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea
Did anybody also notice (at least on most of the episodes; evidently later it was corrected) that in the end credits, the music is "Sunged" by Nilsson. Sunged? Who came up with that?

Maybe Eddie wrote the credits? It was always sunged pretty good. I noticed that too. ha ha

I'm so glad this show came out and according to the podcast all the episodes were remastered so I hope that bodes well for a S2 and S3 release. I'll pick up whatever they release on this one.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #24
AB
Forum Celebrity
True Blood

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by markway895
This set is only available through Warner's MOD (Manufactured on Demand) Program. Not available in stores, although Amazon has a listing for it.

Thanks for the info.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #25
AB
Forum Celebrity
True Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ

Thanks for the tip about the price difference.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #26
Stacy Jenel Smit
First Time Poster

Default Brandon Cruz Wants Recognition for Bill Bixby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten5350
Hi, please someone, anyone, can you tell me where I can buy the courtship of eddies father on DVD?
Warner Archive just put out the remastered Season 1 episodes. Also on Amazon now. I loved this show. Was talking to Brandon Cruz about it for publication in BeckSmithHollywood.com and he said his whole reason for publicizing DVD was to try and correct shameful omission of Bill Bixby from Hollywood Walk of Fame and TV Academy honors. He's right. Bixby deserves to be recognized.